Fw: [轉載] 外電:貓兒正式退休(非轉載原標)

看板MIN-Twins作者 (離金家完結還有1年2個月)時間5年前 (2018/11/10 13:10), 5年前編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 5年前最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 MLB 看板 #1RvYVj_X ] 作者: harrishu (永康崔拉斯) 看板: MLB 標題: [外電] Joe Mauer will offically reitre from 時間: Sat Nov 10 08:35:54 2018 原文:https://reurl.cc/5roxM 原文後來好像有修改,我翻譯的是最初始的版本。 Joe Mauer will officially retire from baseball Joe Mauer要退休了 The Twins first baseman played 15 seasons in Minnesota, but concussion issues cut short his career. 這位在雙城隊效力長達15年的一壘手,因為腦震盪縮短了他的職業生涯。 Joe Mauer lined a vintage Joe Mauer hit, slicing a double to left field in his final at-bat, then saluting the roaring crowd at Target Field after hustling into second base. Joe Mauer在他職業生涯最後的一個打席擊出了一支典型的Mauer式安打,是一支切到左半 邊的二壘安打,而在上到二壘後,隨即向在場吶喊著的雙城球迷們脫帽致敬。 Then it got better. Before the Twins took the field for the final time, Mauer emerged alone from the dugout, wearing catching gear for the first time in five years. 在雙城隊在九局上半上場守備之前,Mauer獨自從dugout走上球場,並且在這五年以來,第 一次穿上接捕的裝備。 That iconic moment told us one thing: Joe ain't coming back. 但這個紀念性的時刻告訴我們:Joe不會再回到球場上來了。" Mauer will retire after 15 seasons, during some of which he was certainly the best catcher in baseball. He will make the announcement in a full-page ad in Sunday's Star Tribune. Mauer將會結束他15年的職業生涯,在這十五年的期間內,他曾經是棒球場上最棒的捕手。 他將會在美國時間週日在Star Tribune發表全版的退休宣言。 Years of wear and tear on his body — a concussion in 2013 cut short his catching days and sent him to first base — ended his career at age 35 as an eight-year, $184 million contract expired. He also had a concussion May 18 last season when he fell chasing a foul ball. 多年的征戰讓Mauer身上留下了大大小小的傷勢,一個在2013年出現的腦震盪傷勢,迫使他 只能轉往一壘守備,並且讓他的職業生涯在他8年184M合約結束之後,也一併劃下句點。 "After much consideration I have decided to retire from playing baseball," he wrote in his retirement annuncement. "The decision came down to my health and my family. The risk of concussion is always there, and I was reminded of that this season after missing over 30 games as a result of diving for a foul ball. 在多方考量之下之後,我決定高掛球鞋。"Joe 寫在他的退休宣言上。 "這項決定是出自於對於我的健康和家庭生活的考量。腦震盪的風險一直就在那邊, 我今年球季也是因為要撲搶一個界外球後,讓我缺席了今年超過30場比賽, 我就開始意識到這個情況對我的重要性。 “Thank you, Minnesota Twins, and thank you, fans, for making my career as special and memorable as it was. Because of you I can leave the game I love with a full and grateful heart.” "謝謝雙城隊和雙城隊的球迷,因為是你們讓我擁有了這麼棒而且特別的回憶。 也是因為你們,我是用感謝和滿足離開我這生最愛的球場。" Mauer talked at length after that Sept. 30 game against the White Sox about the emotions he went through on a day that started when his twin 5-year-old daughters, Emily and Maren, surprised him at first base for the national anthem. 在9/30和白襪隊比賽結束後,Mauer談到了這天他所經歷的情緒上的變化。在這天比賽唱 國歌時,他的兩個5歲雙胞胎女兒,Emily和Maren突然出現在一壘側,讓他又驚又喜。 “I don’t think it could have gone any better,” Mauer said after the Twins beat the White Sox 5-4. “You guys saw how important that moment was to me, just to have a chance to put the gear back on.” His wife, Maddie, is expecting this month. "我認為不能再更棒了。"在這場雙城以5比4擊敗白襪隊的比賽後,Joe Mauer說。 "你知道能夠再次穿上捕手裝備這件事,對我來說是多麼重要的一個時刻。 Mauer的老婆Maddie,在這個月將迎來他跟Mauer的第三個孩子。 A St. Paul native, Mauer was a three-sport star at Cretin-Derham Hall. He turned down a football scholarship to play quarterback at Florida State after the Twins took him first overall in the 2001 Major League Baseball draft. 身為一位明尼蘇達St. Paul的當地子弟,Mauer在Cretin-Derham Hall是一位三棲的運動明 星。在2001年雙城隊以第一順位將他選進球隊之後,他拒絕了Florida State提供給他 的美式足球的全額獎學金(打四分衛) He earned six All-Star berths as a catcher, winning three Gold Gloves. And he made history behind the plate. He’s the only catcher to win three batting titles. Mauer在擔任捕手的時候,入選了六次全明星,並且贏得了三座金手套獎。 此外,他是史上唯一以捕手身分拿下三次的打擊王的選手。 In 2009, he was named American League MVP after leading the majors with a .365 average, hitting 28 home runs and driving in 96 runs in only 138 games. 在2009年的時候,他在138場比賽內就繳出0.365打擊率, 28發全壘打和96分的得分, 他也拿下當年的美國聯盟MVP。 Mauer insisted after the season that he hadn’t made up his mind about returning for a 16th season. Mauer在這個球季結束後,並沒有決定是否要繼續打他職業的第16個賽季。 “Either way, it’s a good decision, you know?” he said at the time. “I can either play, or go home and be with my girls. I don’t think there’s a wrong decision there.” "無論打或不打,對我來說應該都是不錯的選項,你知道嗎?" "我可以繼續打下去,或者是退休回家陪伴我的兩個女兒, 我並不覺得哪個決定一定是對或一定是錯的。Mauer提到 Mauer entered the season hoping to play, he told reporters, until at least 2020. He was coming off his best season since 2014, hitting .305 as the Twins made the playoffs in 2017. 這個球季開打之前,Mauer這位去年打出他自從2014年以來最好的0.305打擊率, 並且和雙城打進季後賽的偉大球星,告訴記者們說他希望至少能夠打到2020年。 But as the 2018 season wore on, the Twins fell out of contention, and Mauer suffered another concussion when he fell chasing a foul pop-up, missing 25 games. 不過就在2018年開打之後,雙城隊因為戰績不佳,並不在競爭行列內,而且Mauer又因為在 一次要追搶內野飛球的時候,因為跌倒而引發的腦震盪而困擾著他,這次他缺席了25場比賽 “A lot can change in six months,” he said after summoning a reporter to Target Field in mid-September for a one-on-one interview. “Personally, professionally, physically.” "在這半年以來,很多事情都變了,無論是個人上、工作上或是身體上。"他在9月中的時候 ,他在Targer Field跟記者一對一的訪談中的提到。 “There’s a lot that goes into it than just, ‘Do you want to play?’ There’ s a lot of different dynamics that go into it. I owe it to myself and my family to sit down and think about those things. "一堆事情或問題湧向我,比如說「你還想繼續打球嗎?」「還是有很多事情是會讓你有動力 去繼續追求的。」我把這些問題放在心中,然後回家跟我的家人坐下來談談到底該怎麼做。 Mauer spent a great deal of time before and after games working on stretching and getting his 6-foot-5, 225-pound frame into condition. And the May concussion and cervical strain also got him thinking about future health issues. 在賽前Mauer總會花很多的時間來讓他6尺5吋且重225磅的身體能夠進入比賽狀況。 不過在5月的腦震盪以及頸部的緊繃也讓他開始思考之後的健康狀況。 “I’m not a percentage type of guy, but it is definitely something I need to think about,” Mauer said. “The concussion, third baby on the way. So we have a lot of things to go over. I want to do that and take a deep breath and try to think with a clear mind.” "我不是一個會對於事情過度斤斤計較的人,但我覺得這些傷勢和事情的確有必要讓我好好 思考。" Mauer說。"腦震盪、即將出生的第三個孩子,所以我們有很多事情要去處理。我 想要靜下心來好好處理這些事情,或許就深呼吸一口氣,可能想法會更明朗吧。" -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 36.239.31.86 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/MLB/M.1541810157.A.FE1.html ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ※ 轉錄者: jack86326 (114.26.174.74), 11/10/2018 13:10:35 ※ 已取得原作者轉載,另為節省空間刪除原推文 ※ 編輯: jack86326 (114.26.174.74), 11/10/2018 13:13:31

11/10 14:21, 5年前 , 1F
感謝分享 <3
11/10 14:21, 1F

11/10 22:18, 5年前 , 2F
哥的青春正式畫下句點,Thank you, Joe#7
11/10 22:18, 2F

11/11 07:37, 5年前 , 3F
謝謝你的付出
11/11 07:37, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #1RvcXClR (MIN-Twins)