Bad grades or low GMAT?

看板MBA作者 (Precision Essay)時間13年前 (2011/07/31 23:50), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Evolution has no will. [Apologies to any Creationists out there, but just indulge us for a moment…] If you think ¨the tornado〃 occurred because nature felt fat one day, and took its self-image issues out on humanity, it would… not sit quite right. If a train that was hurtling toward a defenseless child all of sudden ran out of gas moments before impact, sparing the childˆs life… sure the parents of that child might thank nature, but I might get pissed that the train that killed MY child wasnˆt so kind. Take morality and will out of it for a second though, and understand that… stuff happens. Cells divide, asteroids crash into things, tornados… wreak havoc. Why? It can all be explained (a bit soullessly) by simple, clear, ¨ scientific〃 explanations. Chemical, biological, physical THINGS line up to result in cause/effect moments in time. Such should be the M.O. of an explanation of a bad grade or low GMAT score. Be soulless about it. Be scientific. Stuff happened that led to it, and hereˆ s what that stuff is. Letˆs boil the ¨excuse〃 down to two types: Personal and Professional. Personal reasons: supporting a family, sick family member, being a new immigrant, etc. Professional reasons: holding a full time job while in school, lack of balance between job-related endeavor and coursework. The last thing that the Adcom wants to read is a whiny set of long-winded excuses. So whatˆs the right way? Confident. Candid. Concise. Do not be apologetic, just… explain it. Donˆt justify it, just explain it. Donˆt try to spin it, just explain it. A clear, quick explanation ITSELF can earn you credibility, more so than your argumentation. I screwed up. Hereˆs what happened. Not an excuse, thatˆs just what happened. Hereˆs proof that I learned from it. Zip in, zip out. Everyone has a bad grade, and lots of folks didnˆt do so well on the GMAT. Donˆt pretend that you are the coolest smartest person or the first-ever to have to work through college or support family. Just explain it coolly and crisply. This the one time you actually WANT to be a bit soulless. Weˆll accept a destructive earthquake if we understand things like ¨fault lines.〃 Harder to swallow when Mother Earth tries to justify it. Good luck with everything gang--like always:) Jon Frank Founder Precision Essay http://www.precisionessay.com -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 111.9.53.80

08/04 00:04, , 1F
thanks,it really help
08/04 00:04, 1F
※ 編輯: jonfrank 來自: 118.112.23.43 (08/04 18:06)
文章代碼(AID): #1EDNdM_a (MBA)