[閒聊] UOL戰隊經理談戰隊營運+翻譯

看板LoL作者 (江)時間6年前 (2017/09/13 13:13), 編輯推噓18(1804)
留言22則, 18人參與, 最新討論串1/1
影片來源 : https://youtu.be/swy8YDxqS7Y
之前不同賽區都有隊伍反應戰隊經營的困難,引起了熱烈討論。 其中歐洲賽區 UOL 戰隊經理 Romain Bigeard 拍了一部影片, 解釋經營戰隊的概況與窘境,讓外人更能了解 eSports 戰隊的營運情形, 他在最後還有個重要的呼籲發人深省,希望能分享給愛電競的大家。 -- Bonjour, my name is Romain Bigeard, and I'm the team manager for Unicorns of Love. Unicorns of Love is a pro-gaming organization based in Berlin, and 5 of our employees have a really weird job, they are pro-gamers. Meaning they earn money by playing video-games. 大家好,我的名字是 Romain Bigeard, 我是 Unicorns of Love 的戰隊經理。 UOL 是一個位於柏林的職業電競組織, 我們的5個員工有個很奇特的工作,他們是職業電競選手,意思是他們靠打電動賺錢。 -- What is the business model of a pro team? A team like Unicorns of Love, has an income around half a million to a million per year. This money is mostly coming from Riot, sponsors, a bit of merchandising, so we are selling stuff online. We are not getting money from prize pool, that's a fake idea some people have about eSport, is you are earning money by winning tournaments. Yes and no. You are winning tournament so it makes you famous, but the money you're winning through those tournaments, are most of the time for players and not really for the team. So forget about the prize pool. So that's more or less how we are getting the money. 一個職業戰隊的商業模式是甚麼? 一個像 UOL 的隊伍有著一年大約五十萬到一百萬歐元的收入。 這筆錢主要從 Riot、贊助商,還有一點點我們線上的商品販售而來。 我們並沒有從比賽獎金中拿到錢,這是一些人錯誤的認知, 也就是電競隊伍靠比賽獲勝的獎金賺錢。 這個說法既成立卻又不正確。 贏得比賽能夠讓你成名,但比賽的獎金大部分時候會是給選手而非戰隊。 所以獎金池就別想了,那不是主要的金錢來源。 以上是我們大概取得資金來源的方式。 -- How are we spending the money? At Unicorns of Love, for example, we have 5 players with 5 different nationalities, which are employees, we have to pay them. We have a coach in charge of the game and what's happening in-game. We also have a manager, which is in charge of everyone outside of the game, so it's me for example for Unicorns of Love. My job is basically to make sure we have money, we are good on social media, they sleep well, they eat well, they train, we do the administrative stuff, logistic around events, when do we leave, where do we sleep, stuff like this. You also have a CEO, in our company it's abit specific, because the CEO is actually the Dad of Sheepy, so we are really a family-based company. 我們如何花費資金? 以 UOL 為例,我們有著五個選手各自有著不同國籍, 也就是我們的員工,我們必須支薪給他們。 我們有個負責比賽內容跟遊戲相關的教練。 我們也有個戰隊經理,負責每個人遊戲外的事情,以 UOL 來說就是我。 我的工作基本上就是確定我們有足夠的資金, 有良好的社群媒體,選手睡得好,吃得好, 有足夠的訓練,我們也做一些行政工作,賽事或大會的行程規劃, 何時離開,在哪裡過夜,類似這樣的工作。 我們還有個 CEO,在我們公司比較特別,因為 CEO 其實就是教練 Sheepy 他爸, 所以我們其實就是個家族公司。 -- The more and more competitive eSport is getting, the more you need people, right? You are going to need lawyers to do your contracts, social media experts, someone in charge of videos - someone in charge of the content, you are going to need a cook maybe, you are going to need a lot of different stuff. And it helps teams to actually take better care of players. This is why we need more and more staff to take better care of our players, so we need more money to pay that. If you go back to our table, you can see, we could get more money from Riot, from sponsors, or from merchandising. Merchandising is only get bigger if you keep winning because you get exposure. So, most logically the money is going to come from either Riot or sponsors. 隨著電競越來越競爭,你會需要更多人手。 你會需要負責合約的律師,精通社群媒體的專家,負責影片的人,負責內容製作的人, 你可能會需要個廚師,你會需要很多不同的東西。 這會讓戰隊照顧選手照顧得更好。 這就是為甚麼我們需要更多員工來照顧好我們的選手, 而我們因此需要更多錢付這些人薪水。 回到剛才的圖表,你可以看到, 我們可以從 Riot、贊助商,或者販賣周邊來取得更多資金。 販賣周邊商品只有在透過比賽持續勝利增加曝光才會有增長, 所以邏輯上來說,Riot 跟贊助商會是資金的主要來源。 -- The obvious answer would be to get more money from sponsors. The problem is we have a limited reach in eSports, so sponsors money cannot reach millions. To understand that we are going to dive a bit into Marketing. A marketing department into a company, is usually here to create value on your product. You are going to try to put your product under the lights, so people are interested and are going to come and buy it. You are basically going to turn the money from your marketing department, into reach, into people. You are going to spread awareness around your product. ESports actually has a sexy reach because our players are young, our players are between 15 to 20, now the game is starting to be a bit old so I would say 15 to 25, they are mostly male, and there are a lot of them. It's really interesting for brands to be able to talk to you, as early as possible about their products. 直觀會認為從贊助商取得資金最為理想。 然而,電競的觸及率有限,也因此贊助金額沒辦法達到百萬。 要更深入地了解,我們就必須談到一點行銷學。 一間公司的行銷部門通常是來創造產品價值的。 你會嘗試著將產品放在鎂光燈下,讓人產生興趣並且願意來購買。 基本上你會將注入行銷部門的資金轉化成觸及率與人。 你將會散播關於產品的意識給廣大的消費者。 電競其實有相當「性感」的觸及特性,因為我們的選手年輕,年紀介於15到20之間, 現在遊戲有了一點年紀所以我會說可能觸及到的人介於15到25歲。 大部分都是男性,且人數眾多。 這些品牌對於能這麼早讓他們的產品接觸到消費者感到非常有興趣。 -- Talking about sponsors, I see 2 different kind of sponsors into esport. The first kind are going to be "endemic sponsors," they have been here forever, they were there at the start of eSports. It's going to be all the sponsors with stuff connected to a gamer. I'm talking about keyboards, mouse, headsets, computers, screens, chairs, tables, food, drinks, anything you can eat, glasses, software...whatever, this kind of stuff. They have been sponsoring eSports for a longtime now. We are not talking about brands the size of Apple or Google, for example, so they have a limited marketing budget. Non-endemic sponsors have a way bigger marketing budget, I'm talking about Coca-cola, or one of the last big known brand who entered eSport was Gilette for example, sponsoring ESL/IEM. We have a slow transition from endemic to non-endemic, and this bump of money is definitely going to help teams, but for the long long term, sponsoring cannot be our business model backbone, it's not possible. It does not matter if you are an endemic sponsoror a non-endemic sponsor, I don't believe you have enough money to finance an eSport team. 談到贊助商,我認為電競產業有兩種不同贊助商。 一種是「特定贊助商」,他們一直以來都存在,從電競剛開始發展就在了。 這些贊助商有著任何關於一個電玩玩家的相關產品, 包含鍵盤、滑鼠、頭罩式耳機、電腦、螢幕、椅子、桌子、食物、飲料, 任何可以吃的東西、眼鏡、軟體,類似這樣的東西。 他們已經贊助電競產業很久一段時間了。 我們並不是在討論像 Apple 或 Google 這般規模的品牌, 所以「特定贊助商」的行銷預算有限。 「非特定贊助商」有著大多了的行銷預算,我說的是 Coca-cola, 或者像是最近一陣子進入電競產業的 Gilette 吉列,贊助 ESL/IEM。 我們有著一個很緩慢從「特定贊助商」到「非特定贊助商」的轉換過程, 而這樣資金的增長一定會幫助到隊伍,但並非長遠之道, 贊助商沒辦法成為我們經商的骨幹,沒有可能。 無論你是特定贊助商還是非特定贊助商, 我不認為你能成為一個電競戰隊財務收入上的主要來源。 註. 「特定贊助商」比較像是可以直接聯想到電競相關產品的公司, 「非特定贊助商」不會直接有電競相關聯結的公司, 另外這兩個字可能有商用中文專有名詞,還請專業人士指教。 -- ESport teams are not able to handle millions of euros of sponsoring. If tomorrow, RedBull is coming to Unicornsof Love, and give us 10 millions of sponsoring, I'm actually going to advise them against it, I'm going to say it's a lot of money, and we cannot turn this money into enough reach for them. An esport team is a limited share of the eSport reach, because when you dive in this target, this reach I was talking about, the 15-25, you have those movies, music, video games. You have the eSport, let's go into eSport. You have a couple of games. You have League of Legends, yes, but you also have DotA, Counter-Strike, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm. Amongst all them you select League of Legends. And in League of Legends you have to selectone region, because you have tournaments in Japan, Korea, Australia, Europe, North America,Brazil, Turkey... everywhere. So you select Europe, and in the 10 best teamsyou have Unicorns of Love. That was a long journey to explain to you that our reach is limited. 電競戰隊沒辦法善用數百萬歐元的贊助金額。 如果明天 RedBull紅牛 跑來贊助我們 UOL 一千萬歐元,我會建議他們不要這麼做, 我會說這是一大筆金額,且我們無法將這筆錢轉換成足夠的觸及率。 一個電競戰隊的觸及程度只是整個電競產業底下的一個分支, 當你瞄準了這個目標,這群15到25歲的人,他們會看電影、聽音樂,玩遊戲, 在玩遊戲之中有電競,我們就來探討電競。 你有數個遊戲,除了英雄聯盟,你還有 DotA、Counter-Strike、爐石、暴雪英霸。 在這之中你選擇英雄聯盟,而在英雄聯盟你得選一個賽區, 因為你在不同國家有不同聯盟,包含日本、韓國、澳洲、歐洲、 北美、巴西、土耳其,世界各地。 你選擇了歐洲,而在十個最好的戰隊中你才有我們 UOL。 這漫長的劃分過程就已經解釋了我們觸及程度之有限。 -- ESport is booming, eSport is a really really big boom business, still the share of reach we can get as a team is limited. Europe is more than 20 languages and even more countries linked to it, so when you are selling reach, when you are interested into buying reach, you have differents approaches. In the US it's kind of easier for a team, to sit down around the negotiation table and get money from sponsors. In Europe, let's say I sit with a French sponsor, he's selling a French product so he would like to reach out to French people, so hisfirst question is going to be how big is your French reach, and I'm going to try to explain to him my team is amazing, because we have a Russian, we have German, we have 2 Koreans, we have a Spanish... But at the end of the day we play the European league, so you know we talk a bit of French people kind of... but they're not always gonna understand that. So it's taking time, and we are doing a better job at the moment, to explain to sponsors why our reach is awesome, but it's still easier for NA than for us. 電競是個成長非常快速的產業,但我們戰隊能分到的觸及率依然有限。 歐洲有超過20種語言,且有著更多國家在使用這些語言, 所以當你在賣觸及率,或當你有興趣購買它,你有不同面向需要考慮。 在美國相較上比較容易讓一個隊伍和贊助商坐下來協商並取得贊助金。 在歐洲,假設我跟一個法國贊助商接洽,它賣的是一個法國產品, 所以它會希望能觸及法國消費者, 也因此它第一個問題就會是你在法國族群中有多大的觸及度。 而我就需要解釋我的隊伍有多麼奇妙, 因為我們有俄羅斯人、德國人、2個韓國人,西班牙人... 到頭來我們打的是歐洲賽區,所以我們多多少少都會「稍微」對到法國人, 但這些贊助商不會總是了解的。 所以說它是需要時間,儘管我們越來越能夠和贊助商解釋為什麼我們觸及率很棒, 但對於北美來說還是比我們容易。 -- One of the solutions Riot designed/tailored, to get some revenue sharing for North America, is turning their league into a franchising system. So at the moment, all the teams in the league are playing the same tournament, and if you are bad you have chances to get relegated, demoted. The franchising system is cancelling that. Basically you have to buy your spot in the league, and you're going to stay there. It's a model which works for baseball, basketball, hockey in the US, so sponsors already know how it works. They know if you invest in a franchised team, you're going to work for 1, 2, 3, 4 years with them, so it's way better for sponsors. While in Europe, with the promotion system, you can be demoted, and basically you're going to lose your sponsors. So it's harder to build trust with sponsors in a non-franchised system. On the other hand, the up and down system, creates lot more stories and a lot more drama, because "this team was supposed to qualify and they failed," stuff like this. 其中一個解決辦法是 Riot 設計了一共享收益的體系套用在北美, 該賽區將逐漸換成一個特許經營的職業電競聯盟。 而現在的情況是,所有隊伍都在同樣的聯賽中競爭, 如果你比賽成績不好,你會有被降階的風險。 聯盟的體系會解除這樣的風險。 基本上你需要買你在聯盟中的位置,之後你就能夠一直待在那了。 這是一個適用於美國的棒球、籃球、曲棍球的體系, 所以贊助商了解這之間是如何運作的。 它們知道如果你投資在一個聯盟的隊伍,你可以與他們合作一定年數, 對於贊助商來說再好不過。 然而在歐洲,在升降階的制度下,你可能會被降級, 而降級同時也意味著你將失去你的贊助商。 所以在非聯盟的體系下較難和贊助商培養良好的商業關係。 不過另一方面,這樣升降的系統反而會製造更多的話題和抓碼, 像是「這隊伍本來該晉級但失敗了」,類似這樣的戲碼上演。 -- What is going to happen to Europe? That's a really good question, and I trust Riot to give us the best answer possible they have. So far they have been unlimitedly committing to eSport, so 2018 is going to be a really interesting year, what are they going to do? The eSport department needs to give teams more money, as I explained earlier, teams are growing and we need a sustainable income, which can not come from sponsors. So Riot needs to find a way to give us more money. Let's go in England to check how clubs, football clubs, are actually earning money. So basically they are selling their rights, all the clubs, they give their rights to one company. This company is then going to TV channels, and those TV channels have to buy the rights, to have the football clubs streamed on their channels. Those TV channels later on will earn money through advertising, from you (from the reach), and that way you have a sustainable income, because the more interesting football is going to be, the more people are going to watch, and the more money is going to come to the team. 歐洲賽區會發生甚麼事呢? 這是個好問題,我相信 Riot 會盡可能給我們最好的答案。 就目前為止他們不斷地奉獻於電競產業,2018年會是個有趣的一年,它們會怎麼做呢? 電競部門需要給隊伍更多資金,如我先前所說, 隊伍正在成長,而我們需要一個不是來自於贊助商的穩定收入。 Riot 需要想辦法提供我們更多資金。 我們來看看英國還有他們的足球俱樂部是怎麼賺錢的。 基本上這些俱樂部賣他們隊伍的權利給一間公司。 這間公司接著會去電視台,讓這些電視台購買播放這些足球比賽的權利。 電視台之後會再從廣告商賺錢,也就是透過觸及你們的這些廣告。 這樣的方式會產生更穩地的收入,因為只要足球越來越有趣,更多人就會觀賞, 而更多的錢就會來到隊伍中。 -- If you apply this model to League of Legends, it puts Riot in the center. Riot would be this company taking our rights, and selling them to TV channels, which is what they are about to do for 2018. They recently signed a deal with a company called BAMTech, and BAMTech got those rights so they are going to be in charge to sell them. I think a second way to get money would be actually to get the skin money, but for that you would need internally at Riot, to find a way to analyze, how much esport is actually impacting League of Legends, and what would happen tomorrow if eSport is gone. 如果你套用這個模式到英雄聯盟,Riot 會被擺在中間。 Riot 會是這中間的公司,拿著我們隊伍的權利賣給電視台, 也正是他們2018年會做的事情。 它們最近與一間叫做 BAMTech 的公司 (https://goo.gl/8DcXkR,由 NLB、迪士尼大宗、NHL 共同持有) 簽約, BAMTech 拿到了隊伍的這些權利,它們接著要負責販售它們。 我認為另一種獲得資金的方式其實是賺取造型的收益。 但要達到這一點,必須從 Riot 內部分析電競對於英雄聯盟有著多少的影響力, 而當電競消失的時候會發生甚麼事。 -- The easiest way to make our job easier is actually you, the reach. The more you are going to talk to people, the more eSport is going to have people watching it, and listening to it and discussing it. So basically the dream is going to be for me, or for any other manager, to sit around the negotiation table with a sponsor, and the sponsors will have heard already of eSports. That's going to be way easier for me to explain what we are doing. I strongly believe eSport is the future of entertainment. Why? Because our population are more and more connected, and you have an unlimited ocean of possibilities, when you use video game tools to have entertainment, and tournaments and fights, for example. So, it's you, basically. eSport needs you, and we need you to talk about eSport. 最簡單讓我們工作輕鬆的方式,其事是你們這些粉絲和觀眾,也就是所謂觸及的人。 你們越跟大家討論電競的事情,就會有越多人來看,來聽,來討論。 我的夢想或甚至任何戰隊經理的夢想,就是當我們坐下來和贊助商協商的時候, 贊助商老早就聽過電競了。 這樣會讓我很容易解釋我們在做甚麼。 我深深地相信電競會是娛樂的未來。 為什麼? 因為我們人彼此越來越聯結,在電玩上你有無限的可能性達到娛樂、競賽和鬥技性。 所以你們這些粉絲、觀眾基本上就是最關鍵的角色。 電競需要你們大家,我們需要你們大家討論、關注著電競,持續對它保持熱誠。 -- -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 36.231.118.242 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/LoL/M.1505279630.A.163.html

09/13 13:17, , 1F
PogChamp
09/13 13:17, 1F

09/13 13:21, , 2F
好文推 然後你把大聯盟打成NLB惹
09/13 13:21, 2F

09/13 13:24, , 3F
其實歐洲的困境跟台灣還蠻像的
09/13 13:24, 3F

09/13 13:25, , 4F
市場過於分散之下 其實沒比台灣大多少
09/13 13:25, 4F