Bellamy delight at Fowler link-up

看板Liverpool作者 (蒜泥白豬控)時間18年前 (2006/07/16 20:33), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
(from BBC) http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/5184980.stm Liverpool's new £6m striker Craig Bellamy thanked his "hero" Robbie Fowler for setting up his debut Liverpool goal in the win at Wrexham. "I've admired Robbie for years, he is a great player," said Bellamy, who scored in the 53rd minute of the 2-0 victory. "He lifted a very good ball into my stride for me to run on to and score. "It means a lot to me to be on the same side as him. I have played against him before but being in the same team is a great honour." Bellamy admitted he knew he only had 10 minutes of the second period to get the goal he craved. "The boss [Rafael Benitez] told me before the game I would be on for about an hour, that I had just a few minutes after the break before I was substituted. "So it was pretty special to get that goal, I know it's only a friendly, but it was good to score in front of the Liverpool fans. I'm one myself. "They have taken to me well, but then Liverpool fans always give their new players plenty of support, that's what they are like. "I know I've been given a 15-goal target by the boss, but I don't think pre-season ones count! But I expect to score goals, and that's what I aim to do." As well as Fowler, Bellamy admitted his admiration and gratitude to another Reds legend, fellow Welsh international Ian Rush. "Ian has said some nice things about me in his newspaper columns, they came at the right time and I appreciate that," said Bellamy. "He was my hero as a kid and I cannot thank him enough. I am following some great Welsh strikers at Liverpool, my Wales manager John Toshack and Rushie. "Hopefully if I can get anywhere near the status they both had at Anfield then I will be more than happy. Both have played a crucial part in my career." Another former Welsh great was known to be upset with Bellamy's move to Anfield - Blackburn manager Mark Hughes, who offered the player a Premiership lifeline from Newcastle. "I am grateful to Mark and Blackburn, but I did have other opportunities when I left Newcastle," said Bellamy. "I had to make sure I went to the right club. I knew Mark and the coaches like Mark Bowen and Eddie Niedzwiecki from their time running Wales, they were people I really trusted. "I would only have left for Liverpool, they understood that. "I'm nervous, I don't want to come here just to get Liverpool on my CV, I want to be a big hit and be remembered for doing really well as a player. "That's what is driving me now, that hunger. It's what kept me going when I was younger, to fight through all those injuries and operations. "I am always going to be labelled as a player with baggage, but the only thing I really care about is to try to make my team better and how I work around the training ground. "I have played for some big clubs, but what I am missing is trophies and that is what I aim to put right here. Otherwise it will all be a bit of a failure." ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ already like this guy. :D 新賽季加油!! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 60.248.227.189
文章代碼(AID): #14kZ8FO0 (Liverpool)