[新聞] Rafa backs Gerrard for England

看板Liverpool作者 (流過淚才知道愛)時間18年前 (2006/07/11 14:34), 編輯推噓2(201)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
(from Sky Sport) Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez has given his backing to skipper Steven Gerrard becoming the new captain of England. With David Beckham's decision to relinquish the armband after six years following England's World Cup exit, new boss Steve McClaren will have a new skipper to appoint at the start of his reign. Gerrard and Chelsea captain John Terry are the two frontrunners for the position, as they have both been inspirational leaders for their club sides over the past few years. Although Benitez is wary of the responsibility of being England captain possibly distracting Gerrard from his club commitments, the Spanish coach believes his man would do a great job replacing Beckham. "I always want the best for my players, but sometimes the national team and the clubs have different interests," Benitez told the Liverpool Echo. "I want the best for Steve. If he is the England captain, if he is happy and if he is also focused on Liverpool, I will be happy. "If he's not the captain, then maybe it will be easier for him to be focused on Liverpool. "But I think he can do it, and if he wants to do it, it's okay. But it depends more on what he thinks rather than what I think." McClaren is due to name his new skipper before his first game in charge of England - which is scheduled to be a friendly against Greece at Old Trafford on August 16. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- 卡拉格也有出來表態支持傑拉德 (另外一邊是Lampard支持蔣特里) 貝帥也相信傑拉德可以做的很好 一切就等McClaren決定拉~ Wish the best for Stevie! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 60.248.227.189

07/11 23:53, , 1F
我想German擔心的就是這個吧..無法兩者兼顧, 國家隊又..><
07/11 23:53, 1F

07/12 00:33, , 2F
我擔心被幹的第一個就是他XD 國家隊隊長是吃力不討好的工作
07/12 00:33, 2F

07/12 01:28, , 3F
反正在場上不管怎樣他都會是最inspiring的人
07/12 01:28, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #14iqP_G5 (Liverpool)