[新聞] 滾石雜誌文章-1

看板LinkinPark作者 (很難想)時間6年前 (2017/08/05 21:13), 編輯推噓9(900)
留言9則, 9人參與, 最新討論串1/1
https://goo.gl/YtCnKJ 滾石雜誌最新的文章 Chester Bennington's Last Days: Linkin Park Singer's Mix of Hope, Heaviness Friends and bandmates recall ebullient highs and destructive lows of rock vocalist By Kory Grow On the afternoon of May 26th, Linkin Park frontman Chester Bennington gave a performance unlike any in his career. His close friend, Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell, was being laid to rest at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery in Los Angeles. "My name is Chester," Bennington told the mourners gathered there. "I had the great privilege of being a friend of Chris and invited to be a member of his family." Then, accompanied by Linkin Park bandmate Brad Delson on guitar, he sang "Hallelujah." Bennington had become famous in the early 2000s as the powerhouse voice of one of rock's biggest bands, expressing himself through an angst-ridden scream, but that day his singing was different: plaintive, somber, fragile. He also paid tribute to Cornell on Twitter: "Your voice was joy and pain, anger and forgiveness, love and heartache all wrapped up into one. I suppose that's what we all are. You helped me understand that." 5/26的下午聯合公園主唱給了他生涯不太常見的演出,他的好友Chris Cornell被安葬在了洛杉磯好萊屋的永生墓園,Chester對台下的觀眾說,我 是Chester,我很榮幸可以成為Chris的朋友並被邀請進入他的家庭, Chester和他聯合公園的團員Brad演出了哈雷路亞這首歌。Chester在2000因 為他強而有力的歌聲而一舉成名,聯合公園是最紅的樂團之一,他通常透過 嘶吼來表達自己,但那一天他的歌聲是不同的,純粹且脆弱,他同時在 twitter上寫到Chris你的歌聲融合了喜悅、痛苦、憤怒、原諒、愛和心痛, 我想我們也都是這樣的,你幫助我瞭解了這些。 Less than two months later, Bennington, too, was being mourned. He died of suicide by hanging and was found on the morning of July 20th in his Palos Verdes Estates home in Los Angeles County, a week before Linkin Park were to set out on a 29-date North American tour. The singer, 41, had been on vacation in Arizona with his wife, Talinda, and his family, but came home alone, saying he needed to work. (Linkin Park had a photo shoot scheduled for the morning of the 20th.) TMZ reported that police had found a partially empty bottle of alcohol in the bedroom where he had died. 兩個月後,Chester也成為了被人哀悼的對象,他7/20在洛杉磯的住宅中自殺 ,而這就在聯合公園正要展開北美巡迴演唱前,在此之前他正在亞歷山那州 和妻子和家人度假,但當天因為要工作所以獨自回到了加州的住宅,聯合公 園當天早上安排了拍照的行程,TMZ報導警察在他房中找到了半空的酒瓶。 Bennington had always been open about his struggles with addiction and depression, but those close to him were shocked by his suicide. The day after Cornell's memorial, Bennington tweeted that he was "feeling very creative" and had written six new songs. Around the same time, he told a friend, Rene Mata, "We have to stick together, and we have so much to live for." 他總是公開分享他對抗憂鬱症和成癮的問題,但他身邊親近的人對於他自殺 的消息都感到震驚,在Chris Cornell追思會之後,他在twitter上寫道他覺 得非常有靈感,寫了六首新歌,而同個時間他告訴朋友Rene,我們一定要好 好待在一起,因為我們未來有這這麼多值得生存的事情。 Bennington had reason to be happy: Linkin Park's new album, One More Light, had topped the charts when it was released in May, and a single, "Heavy," was doing well on rock radio. In addition to the Linkin Park tour, he was planning a reunion with his pre-fame grunge band, Grey Daze, for September. "He was on top of the world," says Sean Dowdell, drummer for Grey Daze and a friend of Bennington's since their teens, who last talked to him two days before his death. 他當然有很多快樂的原因,聯合公園的新專輯在五月發行時拿到了冠軍,新 單曲Heavy在搖滾電台也收到好的迴響,他正和聯合公園展開巡演,還計劃要 和他成名前的老樂團Grey Daze合作在九月演出,Grey Daze的鼓手兼他從青 少年起的好友Sean說:他就在世界的頂端,而他在Chester死前兩天才剛和他 通過電話。 Steve Stevens, who plays guitar with Billy Idol, remembers Bennington holding a new puppy while greeting everyone who came backstage at an event last October for Rock to Recovery, an organization for sober musicians. "He was making sure that everybody got to meet the dog at the door," he says. "It was so endearing and so Chester." Billy Idol的吉他手回憶,Chester在去年十月的一場演唱會後台,抱著一隻 新買的小狗到處和大家打招呼,這場Rock to Recovery演唱會是戒癮音樂人 組織辦的,Billy說當時Chester確保每個進門的人都看到這隻小狗,他就是 這樣親切可愛的人。 On Linkin Park's European tour in June and July, Bennington seemed to be in top form. "We saw the most alive and present Chester of my 15-and-a-half-year history with the band," says Jim Digby, the group's director of touring. "He was arguably in the best physical condition of his life." 聯合公園六七月在歐洲的巡迴,他看起來狀況巔峰,聯合公園的巡演負責人 說,在我跟著這個樂團15.5年一來,這大概是他健康狀況最好的時候了。 A few days before his death, Bennington had been texting with Robert DeLeo, his bandmate in Stone Temple Pilots (Bennington fronted the band from 2013 to 2015 after Scott Weiland left the group). His messages were "loving, positive, looking-forward-to-the-future, growing-old kinds of things," DeLeo recalls. And the day before he died, Bennington e-mailed former Guns N' Roses drummer Matt Sorum, saying he'd like to perform again with their all-star covers band, Kings of Chaos. 在他去世前幾天,他才傳簡訊給Stone Temple Pilot樂團的Robert DeLeo, Robert說他的簡訊充滿了愛和正能量、充滿了對未來的期望,而在他過世前 一天他寄了email給槍與玫瑰的前鼓手Matt Sorum,說他很願意參加群星樂團 Kings of Chaos的演出。 But some of Bennington's friends now feel they overlooked signs that the singer's dark side – which he called his "dark passenger," a reference to the force that motivated the serial-killer protagonist on TV's Dexter – had been creeping back into his life. Bennington had gone to rehab around 2006 and appeared to be sober in the years after. But friends say he suffered a three-day relapse last August, during which he blacked out from alcohol, and had been drinking as recently as October. 而現在某些Chester的朋友感到他們可能忽視了一些徵兆,他黑暗的一面 (Chester稱為黑暗使者,這說法來自於電視影集Dexter)回到了他的生活,他 曾在大概2006年時進入勒戒所,而在之後數年他似乎都戒除癮頭了,但他的 朋友說去年八月開始又沈溺於酒精,一直喝到了去年十月。 A month before his death, Bennington told longtime friend Ryan Shuck, who played guitar in Bennington's side project Dead by Sunrise, that he was six months sober. But Bennington also sent Shuck, who had his own struggles with alcoholism, some text messages that seemed portentous in hindsight: "He was describing an hour-by-hour battle with addiction. When I look at it now, it's horrifying. He was telling me, down to the detail, what he would do in the first hour he wanted to drink: 'I basically just take it hour-by-hour every day.' " Chester很久以來的朋友也是他另一個樂團Dead by Sunrise的團員同樣也有 酒癮問題的Ryan Shuck說,Chester過世前一個月告訴他,他這六個月來都沒 再喝酒了,但他當時傳的簡訊事後看來似乎有些徵兆,他簡訊裡描述的是怎 麼在每一個小時抵抗喝酒的慾望,當我事後回來看,這很嚇人,他會仔細的 描述,當他想要喝酒的時候的第一個小時他都做了什麼來克制自己,基本上 他每一天每一個小時都是煎熬。 Bennington talked about his issues in an interview in February with Music Choice. "I have a hard time with life," he said while describing the meaning behind the hit "Heavy." "Even when it's good, I just am uncomfortable all the time. . . . The opening line, 'I don't like my mind right now' – like, that is me 24 hours a day. And if I get stuck in here, like, I just find life really hard. It doesn't have to be." Chester在今年二月的訪問裡在講到heavy這首歌背後的意義時,提到他的問 題,他說我的人生太艱難了,就算在日子過得好的時候,我還是隨時都覺得 不自在,這首歌開頭唱到,我不喜歡我現在內心所想的事情,事實上每天24 小時我都有這樣的感覺,如果我陷入這個情緒,我便覺得人生也太痛苦了, 而事實上人生並非如此。 Shuck believes Bennington "had a couple of drinks" just before his death. "We don't know how much, but it doesn't take much when you're that advanced an alcoholic and an addict and you're battling to the extent he described to me. You don't need much to lose your mind for a minute." Ryan認為Chester在過世前喝了一些酒,我們不知道他到底喝了多少,但事實 上你如果是像他形容那樣的重度酒精成癮,你其實也不用喝太多,就已經足 夠讓人一瞬間喪失理智了。 -- In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. In a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe. ~~~~By Michael Jackson -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 111.254.129.17 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/LinkinPark/M.1501938806.A.356.html

08/05 21:21, , 1F
QQ
08/05 21:21, 1F

08/05 22:16, , 2F
謝謝翻譯與分享,我現在還是很難接受…
08/05 22:16, 2F

08/05 23:16, , 3F
謝譯翻譯好迅速~ 他真的辛苦了>_<
08/05 23:16, 3F

08/06 00:16, , 4F
感謝翻譯
08/06 00:16, 4F