[外電] 菜鳥 Double D

看板Lakers作者 (破布也有破布的尊嚴)時間13年前 (2010/09/24 12:57), 編輯推噓24(2401)
留言25則, 22人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Lakers Rookies Getting a Jump Start 菜鳥 Double D 原文網址 : http://my.lakers.com/blogs/2010/09/17/lakers-rookies-getting-a-jump-start/ by Mike Trudell on September 17, 2010 in Derrick Caracter, Devin Ebanks and Training Camp. Lakers second round picks Devin Ebanks and Derrick Caracter have been a constant, collective presence at the team’s practice facility since Labor Day, serving the dual purpose of learning Phil Jackson’s system and getting physically ready for training camp. 在第二輪被湖人選中的菜鳥小班和卡拉自勞工節(9月第一個星期一) 以來就成了訓練基地的常客,除了學習理解肥爾教練的理論外, 另一個目標就是為接下來的季前訓練營做好體能上的準備。 Assistant coach Jim Cleamons was at the team’s facility on Friday continuing the off-season triangle offense instruction started in July by fellow assistant Chuck Person (pictured below), while strengh and conditioning chief Chip Schaefer continued to put the rooks through off-court drills and excercises. 助理教練吉姆週五出現在訓練基地接替查克繼續他在7月開始的 - "長草期" 三角進攻菜鳥輔導班, 同時球員運動主管奇普也在場下繼續著對菜鳥們的各種力量訓練。 After a Friday morning session, Ebanks and Caracter joined us to discuss their first impressions of the organization, their days as AAU teammates, Tupac vs. Biggy and more: 經過週五一早上的課程,小班和卡拉加入我們並談論了他們關於整個體系, 關於作為AAU隊友以及其他一些的理解及第一印象: MT: Let’s start with your respective first impressions of the Lakers having now been here for a little while working out: MT(作者):你們在這兒也有一段時間了,讓我們從你們各自對湖人的第一印象談起吧: Devin Ebanks: That everyone is a hard worker. Seeing Kobe in here every day early, for example, makes me want to work even harder. You know he’s put in a lot of work (already) in his career and to see him still doing that is (motivating) 小班:(這裡的)每個人都非常努力,比如我每天都會看到Kobe早早的來訓練, 而這也鼓勵著我想要不斷的努力再努力。 你知道,Kobe在他過去至今的生涯裡一直都保持不斷的投入和努力, 而更重要的是現在他依然如此,這(毫無疑問)極大地激勵著我。 Derrick Caracter: Same thing. With the vets, seeing guys like Kobe, Theo Ratliff and Derek Fisher … (Fisher) was out here yesterday working, looking like he was 17. Just seeing how the veterans take care of their bodies, and how guys who have been in the league for 14 years still going at that pace makes you as a rookie feel like you can’t take any days off, and that you have to bring the same amount of energy if not more. 卡拉:我也是一樣,看著像Kobe,鍋神,老漁等等“老兵”們這樣的表現...... 老漁昨天訓練時的表現看上去像是17歲,只是看著他們怎樣小心管理好自己的身體, 看著這些已經打了14年的傢伙們仍然孜孜不倦, 讓你真正明白自己在他們面前有多菜, 並且知道你不能讓自己有一天放鬆,即使不能比他們更多,但絕對要投入同等的精力。 MT: After the draft, GM Mitch Kupchak said that the two of you would join the Lakers Summer League team in Las Vegas, and then likely be invited to training camp. No contracts were signed at the time, and thus a roster spot wasn’t guaranteed. But clearly Kupchak and his staff liked how you both played in Vegas and what they saw in the weeks after, as both of you officially signed contracts in early August. Your thoughts at the time? MT: 選秀後,總經理庫胖曾表示你們都將會加入湖人在維加斯的夏季聯隊, 然後很可能會被邀請加入訓練營,也可能不會,在那時你們還沒有簽合約, 只是進入一個非保障性的球員名單。 但很顯然,庫胖和他的團隊最終對你們在維加斯及那之後的幾周內的表現表示滿意, 因為你倆都在八月初簽下了正式的合約,你們當時的想法是怎樣? Ebanks: It was a great feeling, a dream come true really. Having a chance to be on the best team in the league is exciting, and I’m happy everybody on the staff thought that DC (Caracter) and I were suitable to play for the Lakers. 小班 : 那感覺非常棒,夢想成真!能有機會成為聯盟裡最棒的球隊的一員, 那感覺簡直棒透了,而且對於我和卡拉能被教練組認可為適合效力湖人的一員, 我真的非常高興。 Caracter: As far as the whole draft process was concerned, I just kept my faith strong, and although I may have slipped a little bit,* you can’t worry about that. It doesn’t matter now, and I think everything happens for a reason. I feel to 58, but I fell to the back-to-back champions. *Caracter was taken with the 58th overall pick, Ebanks the 43rd. 卡拉: 事實上直到最後的整個過程都很跌宕,而我所能做的只是保持強烈的信念, 儘管我下滑了很多選秀順位,你沒辦法埋怨這些,因為現在都過去了, 我相信所有事情的發生都有一個原因,我掉到了58順位, 可是我來到的是二連霸的總冠軍球隊! *卡拉是58順位,小班是43順位。 MT: As I understand it, you guys have been playing with or against each other since way back in the New York City surrounding area AAU circuit… MT: 據我聽說,你們倆在AAU,還有在紐約的時候就曾經聯手或對抗彼此過? Ebanks: It’s been great coming in here with someone that I go back to high school days. We played on the same AAU team, and (when we were on opposing teams) I’d always see him in different tournaments around New York and New Jersey. Like he said, everything happens for a reason, and it’s a great feeling to have someone you grew up playing with come into the NBA with you. 小班 : 能和一個我在過去就已經熟識的人一起來到這裡真的非常好, 在AAU我們倆是隊友,而當我們作為對手時我總是看到他在紐約和紐澤西間往返跑, 就像他說的,一切就像註定的,能和一個和你一同成長的人一同進到NBA打球, 這感覺很棒。 Caracter: Yeah I’m from Jersey, but I played with Devin on the New York Panthers team. I also played at Riverside, and so did he, but I was gone from there by the time he got to Riverside. The AAU circuit is so tight, especially when it’s New York and New Jersey, especially for me because I was from New Jersey but on New York teams. I had gone from being a Nike kid to an Adidas kid, and a Long Island team was Adidas while the Nike team was Riverside. 卡拉: 是的,我來自紐澤西,但當時我和小班一起效力於紐約美洲豹隊, 我還為河畔隊打過,他也是,不過他是在我走了之後才來的。 AAU圈子的競爭挺激烈的,尤其在紐約和紐澤西之間,而對我來說尤其如此, 因為我是一個紐澤西人卻跑去為紐約打球, 這就像從一支Nike隊(河畔隊)離開到了一支Adidas隊(美洲豹隊)。 MT: Yeah, I was a Nike guy. Not really. Anyways, being East Coast guys, what’ s your initial take on L.A.? MT: 是的, 我就是一個Nike(河畔)派的,當然不是很完全的,不管怎麼說, 你倆都是東岸出來的,對LA的印象如何? Ebanks: It’s cool. It’s not like New York is in terms of hustle and bustle. It seems more laid back. But I haven’t gotten to do much yet, I’ve been pretty much just working out and playing basketball. Once I get acclimated, I ’ll be interested to see what L.A. has to offer. 小班 : 很酷! 這裡不像紐約總是擁擠而忙碌,這裡感覺還挺悠閒的, 不過我還沒能好好逛逛LA呢,因為我目前基本上一直專注於訓練和打球, 等有機會的時候,我很樂於好好的體會一下。 Caracter: I’ve been out a few times, checked out some improv, a little comedy show. I didn’t get on stage though … (the comedian) tried to crack some jokes on me but I just kept quiet. I’ve never really been a crazy West Coast guy, but L.A.’s cool. I’m going to enjoy myself and get adjusted to any place I go to, but I never want to forget that I’m here for one reason. 卡拉 : 我倒是出去了幾次,還看了場搞笑劇場,不過說實話沒看懂...... (喜劇演員) 試著和我打趣,但我沒法做出什麼回應。 我之前沒機會做個瘋狂的西岸人...但LA還是很棒。 我想我會好好適應這裡的生活,當然我絕不會忘記我會在這裡唯一的原因是 — 打球。 MT: Speaking of East Coast - West Coast, we can transition easily over to hip hop. My first rap album in the mid 1990’s was Tupac’s “All Eyez on Me.” Tupac is from East Harlem, but also lived in Baltimore before later in high school moving to California… MT: 說到東岸 — 西岸,很容易就會想到Hip-hop, 我的第一張Rap專輯是90年代中期Tupac的“All Eyez on Me”, 他來自哈萊姆(紐約黑人聚集區),不過他在高中後期搬來加州前還在巴爾的摩呆過... Caracter: Tupac came out to the West Coast and people started claiming that he was a West Coast dude, but he’s from the East Coast. No matter what, I’m a Tupac guy. He’s my favorite. 卡拉 : Tupac來了西岸然後人們都開始說他是西岸人, 但他來自東岸,不管怎麼說,我是他的超級粉絲,他是我的最愛。 Ebanks: I’m a Biggy man myself. No disrespect to Tupac, I just like Biggy more, I thought he was a better rapper. 小班: 我更喜歡Biggy,沒有對Tupac不敬的意思,只是我更喜歡Biggy, 我覺得他是個更棒的Rapper。 Caracter: I used to have fights over that. ‘Pac was flowing too. Biggy was more smooth and cool (in his style), but I feel that numbers don’t lie. ‘ Pac dropped how many albums vs. the two Big put out. I’m not saying Big wasn ’t a great rapper, but it shows that ‘Pac was constantly in that booth. Acutally, the new Bun B album that just came out in 2010, ‘Pac has a verse on that album. 卡拉: 我過去也糾結過這個問題,Tupac的律動感很強, 而Biggy更流暢也更酷(風格上), 但數字不會說謊的,Tupac的專輯銷量的確更高, 我不是說 Biggy不好,但是Tupac更厲害,而且在Bun B剛出的2010新專輯裡, 還收錄了一首Tupac的歌呢。 MT: Really? I remember Bun B from UGK (Underground Kingz), and the guest verse on Jay-Z’s “Big Pimpin’”. What other artists do you listen to? MT: 真的嗎?我記得Bun B是UGK 的(《地下之王》--UGK組合名也是他們的同名專輯)吧, 他還在Jay-Z的“Big Pimpin”裡客串了一段,你們還聽哪些人的(歌)? (Both): Lil’ Wayne, Drake, J. Cole, Young Jeezy, Common… (異口同聲): Lil’ Wayne , Drake, J. Cole, Young Jeezy, Common… Caracter: Some old school R&B and classic soul too, and Jack Johnson. 卡拉 : 還有一些老牌R&B風,和古典(黑人)靈樂,還有Jack Johnson。 Ebanks: DC has more of the old man in him, more of the soul. I’m more hip-hop. 小班 : DC身上有那些真正懷舊的東西,那種骨子裡的東西,而我更多的是Hip-hop風格。 MT: Derrick’s a big Lady Gaga fan too, right Devin? MT: 卡拉還是雷帝嘎嘎(是女的那個...)的超級粉絲嗄,對吧小班? Ebanks: (laughs) 小班 : (大笑) Caracter: Nah, nah … (reconsiders) … actually I was on Lady Gaga for a little bit, but once everyone hopped on it too much, I wasn’t on it as much. 卡拉 : 不是啦,不...(考慮措辭ing)事實上我是有點兒迷她啦, 但是一旦所有人都開始迷她的時候,我就感覺有點感冒了。 MT: Hey she’s pretty good … I saw Ron Artest at her first concert at Nokia Theatre across from STAPLES Center.How about TV? MT: 嘛,她還是不錯的啦... 上次在她在STAPLES Center對面的Nokia劇院進行的首場音樂會上我還見到蓉蓉了呢, 那麼來說說電視節目怎麼樣? Ebanks: Just Sportscenter, if I’m watching TV it’s on ESPN. 小班: 只看體育台,只要我開著電視,那就肯定是ESPN頻道。 MT: No “Mad Men,” “Friday Night Lights” or “True Blood,” Andrew Bynum’ s favorite show? MT: 沒有“廣告狂人”或是“勝利之光”或是小拜最愛的 “真愛之血”? Caracter: I don’t really watch TV. Once they came out with that NBA housewives show, I do not turn the TV on. Instead I read books and listen to music. 卡拉:說實話我壓根兒不太看電視,每次他們開始那種NBA主婦秀的時候, 我根本不會讓電視開著,相反的,我寧願看看書或者聽聽音樂。 MT: Such as? MT: 比如? Caracter: I just read “Peaks and Valleys” by Spencer Johnson (M.D.). I also just got Phil Jackson’s book, “The Last Season,” from my agent. 卡拉 : 我最近讀了Spencer Johnson博士的《巔峰和低谷》(幹...這書是金融類...), 另外我還剛從我經紀人那兒拿到了肥爾的《最後一季》。 Ebanks: Not really any reading for me. 小班:我就不愛讀書這味。 MT: What do you (Ebanks) do in your free time besides listen to music? MT: 那你在閒暇時做些什麼?除了音樂以外? Ebanks: I’ve been on Twitter a lot (@DevinEbanks3), you could call me a Twitterhead. I’ll be on my computer doing other things, but that’s about it. 小班 : 我常上推特,(@DevinEbanks3), 你可以稱呼我為推特達人, 我也會在電腦上幹些別的,但主要還是推特。 MT: OK. Who’s stronger? MT: 好吧,誰比較強壯? Ebanks: DC. 小班: 他~ Caracter: (nods). 卡拉: (點頭ing) MT: Physically stronger, sure, but who wins in a fight? MT: 體型上看當然是這樣,但是實際運用呢?如果打架的話,誰會贏? Caracter: (laughs). We’d never fight, of course, and I’m not hating, but, I ’ve got these hands… 卡拉 : (笑) 我們不會打架的, 當然,我可不是不會打,我還是有幾手的...... Ebanks: I’m a lover, not a fighter. He can have it. 小班 : 我是個和平主義者,不是鬥士,這頭銜歸他。 Caracter: I will say that skinny dudes can hit hard. I have a lot of friends at home like that, they have more bone and they connect, that can hurt. 卡拉 : 其實我覺得瘦子往往更能打,我有好幾個這樣的朋友, 他們的骨骼更強韌,真的會很疼(碰撞時)。 MT: Nice. I’m not being unfair to say we can choose Ebanks in a foot race though, right? MT: 很好. 我覺得賽跑的話,小班應該可以勝出,沒錯吧? Caracter: Well … I mean we can try it. I’m sure he’d get me, but he has to prove it. 卡拉 : 嗯......我想說不準我們可以試試,我想他一定是能贏我的, 不過他還是得證明一下。 Ebanks: (laughs) 小班 : (笑) MT: Better shooter? MT: 誰的投籃更好? Ebanks: I’m gonna have to take that rap for that one. 小班 : 這個我得說的確是我。 Caracter: He does shoot more jumpers than me. 卡拉 : 他跳投的比我更多次。 MT: That’s OK, (Caracter has) the low post game. Finally, who’s funnier? MT: 好的, (卡拉) 可以打更多低位。最後一個問題, 誰更有趣? Ebanks: This dude right here. For real. 小班 : 選我選我~ 選我選我~ Caracter: (laughs) 卡拉 : (笑) -- 為什麼有一種非常閃的青梅竹馬氛圍出現...... -- 洛城 ███◣ 浪子 Los Angeles Boys ◢██◣ █ █ ◥█ φlin798183 ██ ██◤ █ ██◤ █◤◢█ █◣ ◢ ██◤ ◥ ◤ █ █ ◤ ◥█ ███◣ ███◤ ◢██ ◥██ ◢█◤ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.113.123.33 ※ 編輯: LABOYS 來自: 140.113.123.33 (09/24 13:00)

09/24 13:01, , 1F
推,這篇還滿有趣的,希望他們好好成長呀!
09/24 13:01, 1F

09/24 13:03, , 2F
季初Bynum不在,剛好可以來練Caracter
09/24 13:03, 2F

09/24 13:25, , 3F
連新秀都有腐人隊的特色
09/24 13:25, 3F

09/24 13:27, , 4F
KOBE~~果然是不太需要擔心的男人
09/24 13:27, 4F

09/24 13:39, , 5F
希望小班跟卡拉可以和霸男一起變成湖人的青年軍基石
09/24 13:39, 5F

09/24 13:40, , 6F
新人加油啦
09/24 13:40, 6F

09/24 14:00, , 7F
推~
09/24 14:00, 7F

09/24 14:07, , 8F
小班跟卡拉這種順位可以變基石 大概又一堆GM 球探要被槍斃
09/24 14:07, 8F

09/24 14:08, , 9F
good read推(不過he can get me是說他能贏我,不是跟上我喔)
09/24 14:08, 9F
※ 編輯: LABOYS 來自: 140.113.123.33 (09/24 14:14)

09/24 14:47, , 10F
推一個~~~
09/24 14:47, 10F

09/24 15:18, , 11F
外電文~推!!!
09/24 15:18, 11F

09/24 15:23, , 12F
以身材體能來看應該有難度 不過養成好用綠葉就已經賺翻了
09/24 15:23, 12F

09/24 15:51, , 13F
Lamar跟Artest以前也是在同一支AAU Team的
09/24 15:51, 13F