[外電] Lakers had storybook streak, too

看板Lakers作者 (小人退散~)時間16年前 (2008/03/17 23:57), 編輯推噓13(1304)
留言17則, 15人參與, 最新討論串1/1
主標:Lakers had storybook streak, too 湖人在NBA過去歷史上的連勝紀錄也是榜上有名. 副標:The 1971-72 team won an unparalleled 33 games in a row. That they capped their remarkable season with an NBA title makes them a team for the ages. 在1971-72球季的時候, 33連勝並且最終拿下總冠軍讓他們在那個年代創造了一個永 留青史的球季. 作者:FRAN BLINEBURY 網址:http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5622935.html It started innocently enough as a trickle — three routine victories over Baltimore, Golden State and New York. 這段連勝一開始靜悄悄有如小溪的水流, 三場例行賽的勝利戰勝了巴爾地摩.金州.還有紐 約. By the time it ended, the Los Angeles Lakers were a tsunami that had washed over the landscape and tossed the rest of the NBA around like so many grass shacks. 當這段連勝結束的時候, 湖人從原本的小溪流變成了一股大海嘯, 蔓延了整個地表, 把NBA 其他球隊打的暈頭轉向. From Nov. 5, 1971, through Jan. 7, 1972, the Lakers won 33 consecutive games to establish the longest winning streak in professional sports history. 從1971年11月5日開始到1972年1月7日, 湖人拿下了33勝建立了NBA歷史上最長的連勝紀錄. "No one could beat us," Hall of Fame guard Jerry West said. "We went along and along and along. One month went by, then all of a sudden two months, and we hadn't lost a basketball game. It almost got to be funny. We knew no one could beat us." 名人堂成員之一的Jerry West說 " 沒有人可以打敗我們, 我們不斷地連勝.連勝.連勝下去 . 一個月過去了, 一瞬間兩個月又過去了, 我們沒有輸過任何一場球. 那時候真的很爽,我 們知道沒有人可以打敗我們. " To put it in perspective, the Rockets' 21-game winning streak is the NBA's second best of all time, and they would have to keep it going for three more weeks just to tie the Lakers. 展望火箭的未來, 21連勝(今天贏湖人推進到22連勝了), 是NBA歷史上第二長的連勝紀錄. 他們還要持續下去大概三個禮拜才能趕上湖人過去的輝煌歷史. "I don't think that record will ever be broken," said Miami Heat coach Pat Riley, a reserve then with the Lakers. "I'd be very surprised. 曾經在湖人服務過一段時間的熱火總教練油頭說 "我從來沒有想過這個紀錄會有被打破的 一天, 如果被打破我真的會很驚訝." "What Houston has done is mind-boggling, based on how they started, with the injury to Yao (Ming). There are a lot of good defenders. There are a lot of role players. ... There's one absolute superstar. ... It's hard to doubt them. But 33 in a row? That's a hard one. "火箭現在的成就真的是不可思議的, 因為他們中間突然失去了姚明, 他們有很多很好的防 守球員, 他們有很多很多的綠葉球員. 他們還有一位無庸置疑的超級巨星.很難去懷疑他們 , 但是33連勝? 我覺得還是很難辦到." It was unlikely for the Lakers to imagine at the time. 火箭的狀況跟湖人創造33連勝時候的狀況不盡相同. "We sure weren't expecting anything like that to happen when training camp started," said 81-year-old Bill Sharman, who was then in his first season as the Lakers' head coach. "As a matter of fact, when (club owner) Jack Kent Cooke hired me, he said, 'Bill, I think we're in a rebuilding phase.' " 81歲的名人堂成員, 那一季才剛開始擔任湖人教頭的Bill Sharman說 "我們從訓練營一開 始的時候並沒有預期到會連贏那麼多場, 事實上呢, 當 Jack Kent Cooke(那時候的老闆) 雇用我的時候, 他說 "Bill 我想我們正在經歷著重建的過程呢...." The Lakers, who had lost seven times in the NBA Finals since moving to L.A. in 1960, still had four future Hall of Famers — West, Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain and Gail Goodrich — on a roster that many thought would show its age. 在1960年代搬到LA之後的湖人七次打進總冠軍戰最終都鎩羽而歸, 但是他們依舊擁有四位 準名人堂成員, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain以及Gail Goodrich. Nine games into the season, after battling a knee injury, Baylor retired. In the very next game, the streak began. 開季打了九場比賽後, 貝勒爺因為膝傷退休了. 而下一場恰巧就是他們開啟連勝之旅的比 賽. "You win four, five or six in a row, and it's really no big deal," said Jim Cleamons, who was a rookie on the team and is now a Lakers assistant coach. "It wasn't until the streak got up to around maybe 14 or 16 that anybody started talking about it." 那時候球隊中的菜鳥, 現在湖人的助理教練Jim Cleamons說 "那個時候連贏4.5.6場真的沒 有什麼了不起的, 我們一直連贏到14場還是16場的時候, 大家才開始注意到我們." The New York Knicks had won 18 in a row in 1969. Then the Milwaukee Bucks set a new mark with 20 straight victories in 1971. 1969年的時候紐約尼克創下了18連勝的紀錄, 而密爾瓦基公鹿隊在1971年的時候則創下了 20連勝寫下新的里程碑. Goodrich plays key role Goodrich扮演了很重要的腳色 "My recollection is there's a lot more today about Houston being able to get to 20 than when we were running our streak," said Goodrich, now an analyst on NBA-TV. "I don't think it was until we passed the Knicks' number that anybody really noticed. 現在是NBA-TV球評的Goodrich說 "在我的記憶中, 關注火箭是否能刷新紀錄的人比我們那 時候寫下紀錄的人還來的多. 直到我們超越尼克所寫下的紀錄時, 那時候才有比較多的人 開始注意到我們." "We knew we were good, and we played with a lot of confidence, maybe sometimes bordering on cockiness. It's a fine line. I think we respected everybody. But we felt that we were better than everybody when we walked onto the court, and somehow we would figure out a way to win. ... We were 6-3, and the next time we looked up, we were 39-3. "我們知道我們很強, 而且我們打的很有自信, 或許有的時候會看起來有點驕傲自大. 但是 我們知道底線在哪. 我想我們還是尊重我們的每一個對手.但是當我們走進球場的途中我們 覺得我們比他們都還要來的好, 不知怎麼地我們就是有辦法可以贏. 當我們還是6勝3敗的 時候, 下一次看不知不覺就已經39勝3敗了." "The Rockets appear to be in that confidence mode right now. They have a swagger to them." "火箭他們現在的狀態就有如我們那時候的那股氣勢一樣. 他們現在走起路來威風八面." Roles changed that season for the Lakers. Sharman had started the year by putting Goodrich into the starting lineup, hoping to take some of the offensive burden off West. Goodrich (25.9 points per game) led the team in scoring, and West (25.8) led the NBA in assists (9.7 per game). Chamberlain averaged just 14.8 points but led the league with 19.2 rebounds per game. Jim McMillan and Happy Hairston shared the minutes in Baylor's spot. 湖人那個球季有著些許的變動, Sharman把Goodrich排入先發, 希望能在進攻端分擔一些 West的責任. Goodrich平均每場可拿下25.9分, 而West平均每場可拿下25.8分, 9.7次助 攻則排名全聯盟第一. 張伯倫每場只贊助14.8分, 但是每場可抓下19.2個籃板也是排名 全聯盟第一. Jim McMillan以及Happy Hairston兩人則把貝勒爺退休後的所留下的位置給 分掉. Another change by Sharman, a Hall of Famer as both a player and coach, was the introduction of the morning shootaround on game days. It was an individual habit he developed on his own as a player for the Boston Celtics, an effort to get players out of bed in the morning for just a brief session of stretching and shooting. 另外一項變動則是Sharman本人, 他身兼球員以及教練二職. 他將比賽日早晨要進行投籃 練習帶入湖人. 這是他在波士頓賽爾提克打球時就養成的習慣, 短暫的伸展肢體以及投籃 有助於選手早起. An apocryphal story has the team trainer knocking on Chamberlain's door on the first morning for a shootaround. 一段沒有經過證實的小故事, 當一位陪練員在第一次早晨的投籃練習時去敲張伯倫房門的 時候. "You tell Bill Sharman that I'll go to the arena one time today," Chamberlain supposedly said. "Either now or for the game tonight. He can pick." 張伯倫大概是這樣說到 "你告訴Bill Sharman今天我會準時到球場. 是現在或是晚上比賽 的時候? 叫他挑一個." Sharman laughs. Sharman笑了. "I've heard that story hundreds of times over the years," he said. "It's a great story. But it never happened. Sharman他說 "這一年我聽這個笑話聽了好幾百遍了. 這真的很好笑, 但是從來沒有發生 過." "I talked to Wilt right before camp, and he said, 'You know, Bill, I usually don't get out of bed until noon. But if you think it will help, I'll go along if we win.' " 我在訓練營跟Wilt聊天的時候, 他說 "Bill你知道嗎, 我平常大概都是睡到中午才醒, 如 果你認為這套真的有用, 如果我們贏的話我就一直這樣練下去." They did. The Lakers won 23 games in the streak by double figures, eight games by 20 or more, one by 30 and two by 40 or more. 而他們就真的這樣一直贏下去哩. 湖人在這波連勝中贏了23場比分超過兩位數的比賽. 其 中有八場贏了20分以上, 一場贏了30分, 還有兩場贏了40分以上. Rockets fell three times 火箭贊助了其中三勝 Los Angeles beat the Rockets three times during the streak and every other club in what then was a 17-team NBA at least once. The Lakers made three coast-to-coast round trips during the streak. They flew commercial, not on plush charter jets. And they played three nights in a row three times. The closest any team came to breaking the streak was the Rockets in a five-point loss at the Astrodome. 湖人在這一波連勝中贏了火箭三次, 而聯盟中那時候其他的17支球隊至少都贊助了一次. 湖人在這一波連勝中從東岸贏到西岸, 又從西岸贏到東岸有三次之多. 他們坐的是普通 的商務艙, 而不是豪華的噴射包機. 最有機會終止他們連勝的是火箭隊, 那場湖人只贏 了5分. "I looked forward to those games as a competitor," said ex-Rocket and Hall of Famer Calvin Murphy. "I wanted to be the spoiler. I wanted to be on the team that could boast to history that we kicked their (butts) when they were riding high. 前火箭成員兼名人堂成員的 Calvin Murphy說 "我將對上他們的比賽視為一種挑戰. 我 想要用中止他們的連勝在歷史上寫紀錄, 我們想要踢他們的屁屁當他們正在創造歷史的 時候. "A lot of people have their favorites. But if there was ever a team that was better than the Lakers who won 33 in a row, you're going to have to prove it to me. You know what? It was almost too easy for them." "很多人都會有他們所支持的球隊. 但是如果有哪支球隊比那時候連勝33場的湖人還威, 你必須證明給我看. 你知道為什麼嘛? 因為對他們來說要連贏33場實在是太簡單了咩." Sharman agreed. Sharman同意他的說法. "We only had two or three close games in the whole streak," he said. "But I never talked to the players about the win streak on or off the court. I didn't want to use it as motivation. I just wanted them to have pride in what we were doing." Sharman說 "我們在連勝的過程中只有兩.三場的比分比較接近, 但是我從來不在球場上提 到我們將會繼續連勝或是終止連勝. 我不希望用這種方式去刺激他們拿下勝利. 我只希望 他們以他們的所作的一切為榮." The Lakers broke Milwaukee's record at home on Dec. 12 against Atlanta and won No. 33 in Atlanta, thumping the Hawks 134-90. On Jan. 9 in a Sunday afternoon game on national TV, the defending champion Bucks, led by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Oscar Robertson, beat the Lakers 120-104. 12月12日, 湖人在自家主場中打敗了亞特蘭大超越了密爾瓦基所豎立的障礙. 接著在亞特 蘭大以134比90打敗老鷹收下他們的第33場勝利. 在1月9日禮拜天的比賽中, 試圖衛冕的 密爾瓦基公鹿隊在賈霸和Oscar Robertson的率領之下, 以120比104終結了湖人的連勝. "There was bright lights and media hype," Cleamons said. "They were the defending champs, and we were coming into Milwaukee. They had a score to settle. Give them credit. They had revenge in their hearts and got satisfied." Cleamons說 "那時候到處都是閃光燈, 而且媒體們異常的興奮. 他們是一支試圖衛冕的球 隊, 而我們正要前往踢館. 最終他們贏了, 他們終於雪恥了,而且為他們自己的表現感到 滿意." Streak added pressure 連勝增加他們的壓力 The Lakers lost four of six games but then closed out the second half of the regular season with a pair of eight-game win streaks and 15 victories in their final 17 games to finish 69-13. They won the Pacific Division by 18 games, swept Chicago in the first round of the playoffs, knocked off Milwaukee 4-2 and then defeated the Knicks 4-1 in the NBA Finals to claim their first title in Los Angeles. 湖人接下了輸了4~6場, 但是下半季的例行賽他們收尾收的很漂亮. 其中包括一次八連勝, 而且在最後的17場比賽中收下15場勝利. 最後例行賽的戰績為69勝13敗. 他們在太平洋組 和第二名拉開了有18場之多的勝差. 他們在第一輪橫掃了芝加哥, 以4比2打敗了密爾瓦基, 最終以4比1打敗紐約尼克拿下他們搬到LA之後的第一座總冠軍. But the streak loomed over them in the playoffs. 但是連勝讓他們心底有著些許的陰影. "We had to play with that pressure through the second half of the season," Sharman said. "If we hadn't won the championship, I don't think that streak would have held up all these years with all the glory." Sharman說 "我們在眾人目光的壓力之下打完下半季的例行賽. 如果我們沒有拿到總冠軍, 我不認為這段連勝有助於讓我們維持這幾年的榮耀." Now it's their indelible mark on the game. 現在, 他們在賽場上的成就成為歷史上難以抹滅的記號. "I don't think we realized what we did until the streak was over," Goodrich said. "Wow! 33! But you have to remember that we'd lost time after time to the Celtics in the Finals. The championship was our goal. If we had fallen short, I don't think we'd all be so fond of the streak. The fact that we have both of them lets us look back and say yes, that was a storybook season." Goodrich說 "當連勝結束的時候, 我不認為我們還記得我們做了些什麼. 或許你會說: 哇~ 33連勝耶! 但是你必須記得我們一直在總冠軍決賽敗給賽爾提克. 總冠軍才是我們的目標. 如果我們連勝的紀錄提早被終止, 我不認為我們那時候會對於用連勝寫紀錄會感到特別的 高興. 事實上呢, 我們兩個都拿到了, 當我們轉過身來看這個球季, 我們會告訴你"沒錯, 這是我們寫下歷史的一個球季." -- 2007夏天最熱血的環島,三個颱風、山崩、路毀、橋斷、水淹也阻擋不了我們 http://www.wretch.cc/blog/smaillove 28天5300公里,走訪全台299個鄉鎮,尋找299份微笑與299份感動 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.122.33.251

03/17 23:57, , 1F
這篇文章才23銀是怎樣= =+ 新注音這麼不值錢嘛? 囧
03/17 23:57, 1F

03/17 23:57, , 2F
推推!! 今天祭品可惜了XD
03/17 23:57, 2F

03/18 00:02, , 3F
XD
03/18 00:02, 3F

03/18 00:02, , 4F
今天的比賽我把所有身家都押湖人去了 結果這篇才23銀
03/18 00:02, 4F

03/18 00:03, , 5F
這篇我翻了兩個半小時.....無言了....
03/18 00:03, 5F

03/18 00:13, , 6F
哈~~~S大...辛苦溜
03/18 00:13, 6F

03/18 00:25, , 7F
推阿~~難道公式是~2時30分/10 =23銀~!!?
03/18 00:25, 7F

03/18 00:29, , 8F
推~
03/18 00:29, 8F

03/18 00:30, , 9F
推一個 NBA歷史大補丸
03/18 00:30, 9F

03/18 00:52, , 10F
Goodrich很有錢???
03/18 00:52, 10F

03/18 01:04, , 11F
推~
03/18 01:04, 11F

03/18 01:35, , 12F
辛苦了!!
03/18 01:35, 12F

03/18 02:46, , 13F
推推
03/18 02:46, 13F

03/18 02:59, , 14F
算錢是算字跟字停留的間隔
03/18 02:59, 14F

03/18 03:45, , 15F
黑特棒球板主也有看湖人板
03/18 03:45, 15F
※ 編輯: smaillove 來自: 140.122.33.251 (03/18 07:09)

03/18 13:15, , 16F
PUSH
03/18 13:15, 16F

03/18 21:52, , 17F
推 complains偷看湖人版被發現 XD
03/18 21:52, 17F
文章代碼(AID): #17tfJUQW (Lakers)