Kobe Bryant Before Rafters Night: Q&A

看板KobeBryant作者 ( )時間6年前 (2017/12/19 03:22), 編輯推噓14(1401)
留言15則, 10人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Kobe Bryant Before Rafters Night: Q&A by Mike Trudell Lakers Reporter Posted: Dec 15, 2017 Kobe Bryant will return to Staples Center on Monday for his first Lakers game since he (literally) dropped the mic after scoring 60 points in his grand finale and train his eyes on the rafters, where his jersey(s) will be retired to flank the rest of the Purple and Gold legends. 在他璀璨的 60 分告別戰並放下麥克風(各種意義上)之後,Kobe Bryant 將首次回到 Staples Center 參與湖人隊的球賽。他將親眼見證自己的球衣背號「們」加入紫金傳奇們 的行列。 Bryant joined Lakers.com to discuss how he’s grown as a dad, why sports is a perfect metaphor for life, his 60-point finale, his “Dear Basketball” film and other projects, his jersey(s) retirement, the Lakers young players and more. Kobe 接受 Lakers.com 專訪,談到他如何學習做為一個父親,為何他認為運動可以完美的 比喻人生,他的 60 分終曲,「Dear Basketball」影片以及其他專案,球衣號碼的退休, 湖人的年輕球員們等內容。 Below is a transcription of the conversation: 以下為專訪對話內容: MT: OK Kobe, let me start here … despite still being busy with Kobe Inc., have you been able to spend more time with and enjoy your third daughter in a different way from your first two girls when you were in the thick of your playing career? Kobe: Yeah, I’ve been able to be around way more and see her grow on a daily basis. You know how you can go to sleep Monday night and wake up Tuesday morning and she’s grown? But previously, you’d go on a road trip on Monday for a week, come back and you’d miss her first word. So it’s awesome to see the progression daily. MT: OK Kobe...我們開始吧。雖然你目前仍忙於 Kobe Inc. 的工作,與你在現役球員時期 出世的前兩個女兒不同,你比以前更有時間陪伴小女兒以及享受她成長的過程呢? Kobe: 是啊,我更有時間待在她身邊,能夠看著她每天在成長。你懂你週一就寢,然後週 二起床後看到她的感覺嗎?但以前,可能在週一出發去一趟客場之旅,當你回來時你已經 錯過了她說第一個字的那一刻。所以能每天每天看著她真的是太棒了。 MT: How have you evolved as a dad, and how has that grown together as you enter this stage of your professional life? Kobe: I had to figure out how to teach. Parenting is teaching. How do you teach your children to be upstanding citizens? How do you teach them that they can accomplish what they set out to accomplish? How do you teach is the most important thing. But stories certainly help. Even me, my kids can get tired of what I have to say and what V* has to say, so I figured out the best way to do that is to hide (teaching) in entertainment. Where they can see a video and can learn and understand complex messages from animation, or song. Where they can watch one of the (projects) we do like “The Golden Democracy” or “Dear Basketball” and see something fun. They can learn something about the game of basketball. But hidden inside both of those are really powerful life messages. MT: 以爸爸的身份來說,你的進展如何呢?在你邁入職業生涯第二階段的同時,它是以怎 樣的方式進化? Kobe: 我必須要學會如何教導,為人父母做的就是教導。要如何教育你的小孩成為令人驕 傲的公民呢?要如何讓他們達成他們能做到的事呢?你怎樣教導他們是最重要的因子,而 說故事是真的有用。以我來說,我的孩子們也會對我以及 Vennesa 說的話感到厭煩,即使 那些是我們該說的。所以我必須想出最好的方式來寓教於樂。他們可以藉由看影片,在影 片中去體會了解言語不易傳達的訊息,或是聽歌也可以。讓他們看我們公司製作的 「The Golden Democracy」或「Dear Basketball」,從中尋找些樂趣。他們可以知道籃球 比賽究竟是怎麼回事,但其中所隱含的人生道理可是非常有意義的。 MT: I’ve always felt like sports is a great metaphor for life, but without the consequences of politics or war, where you can learn about what hard work and teamwork can do for you, what winning and losing means, and so on. From playing at the highest level possible and now as a story teller, how do you look at sports? Kobe: Absolutely, because there’s no greater metaphor for life than sports itself. The fact that we can have a collection of athletes that come from different backgrounds, with different beliefs, different political views, but yet can figure out a way to understand each other, how to work well with each other towards a common goal … there’s no better metaphor for life than that. So as a storyteller it’s about finding those little nuggets and pulling those out, and having the story bring that to life. In this way, we can reach not only the average basketball or sports fan, but also those who don’t watch sports. Like “Dear Basketball,” which is a basketball film. But yet I have people come up to me and say ‘I wasn’t a basketball fan at all, I wasn’t thinking about basketball, but that film moved me.’ If we can do that, I feel like we’re doing our jobs. MT: 我一直覺得體育是人生一個很好的比較對象。體育能讓你學到努力以及團隊合作的好 處,能讓你體驗勝利及挫敗的意義等等,但你不需要承擔政治或戰爭的後果。從前身處在 可能是最高等級的職業世界,而現在是個說書人的你,是如何看待體育的呢? Kobe: 你說得對,沒有比體育更能代表人生的東西了。我們面對著不同出身、不同信仰、 不同價值觀的運動員們,但仍能找到方法去了解彼此,朝著一個共同的目標去相互砥礪, 沒有比這一切更能比喻人生的事了。所以作為一個專業說書的,要做的就是找出其中一塊 塊的拼圖,然後把其中的故事說得活靈活現。從這方法呢,我們不只能與籃球或運動迷產 生連結,更能觸及平常不看運動比賽的人。像「Dear Basketball」,它是一部籃球影片, 但也有人和我說:我並不是個籃球迷,而我也不熟籃球,但這部影片感動了我。如果我們 能做到這樣的事,那我想我們就做對了。 MT: Because of all you accomplished and what you built, you can get into any room. How do you now maximize what you built as an athlete and personality as you move forward? Kobe: We have a very, very solid team here. What we do is build and find partners that believe in the core philosophy that sports is the greatest metaphor for life. If they believe that and can see the potential in that they will be great partners. From that standpoint, we have a great team of young creators, artists and filmmakers to go out there and create the work. MT: 以你的資歷和成就,接下來要做什麼事都不是問題。而在你向前的同時,你會如何善 用你身為運動員的資產及人格呢? Kobe: 我們擁有一支非常非常有料的團隊。我們要做的就是建立以及尋找同樣認為「體育 是人生最好的比喻」的夥伴。如果有人認同並且能了解箇中奧妙的話,他們就會是我們的 好夥伴。從這點來說,我們的團隊有創作者、藝術家及製片家,能完成我們想做的東西。 MT: There’s long been the thought that a competitor like you or Michael Jordan wouldn’t want to coach, because it’d be hard to tolerate and understand players that didn’t work as hard as you, or didn’t have the same drive. How has it been as a parent and a boss at Kobe Inc. from that standpoint Bryant: It’s different. In sports, when I was playing, you have certain restrictions with the teammates that you have. You have some that won’t work as hard as others and there is nothing you can do about it. You have to try and drive them and pull them. But during the season you’re working with a time crunch as well, so things need to be more immediate. If you’re playing Monday, you’re playing Tuesday, or you have Finals or playoffs, that stuff creeps up, so you have to drive and push a little bit more. The industry I’m in now, with creativity … you don’t want to strangle the creative process. You want to be able to give freedom and the ability to grow. So my job really is just making sure we find the right talent, people that are obsessive and love what they do, and creating an environment in which I put them in the best possible situation to grow. And that is it. As a parent as well, it’s just about being patient and teaching. Fortunately for us, both of our kids are extremely, extremely hard workers. It’s also about how to process failure, success and anxiety and all the things that emotionally (impact) kids at that age. It’s our job to teach. MT: 有個都市傳說是這樣說的:像你或 Michael Jordan 這樣的人,是不會去執教的。因 為你們無法瞭解及忍受球員們不像你們自己那樣刻苦訓練,或是沒有同樣的企圖心。從這 觀點來說,做為一個父親及 Kobe Inc. 的老闆比起作為教練又有什麼不同呢? Kobe: 當然是不同的。在運動界,當我還在打球的時候,你是沒辦法挑選隊友的。有些人 就是不會和他人一樣努力,而你對此無能為力。你只能試著去激勵他、推動他。但進行中 的球季是不等人的,事情必須馬上執行才行。你週一要比賽,週二要比賽,或打到季後賽 甚至冠軍賽,比賽一場場接踵而來,所以你必須要有緊迫性。 而我現在在的這個產業是需要創造性的,你不想揠苗助長,就要給予創作自由發揮的空間 以及成長的機會。所以我的任務就是確保我們有適合的天份,有癡迷且熱愛他們工作的人 ,並建立對他們最好的工作環境,差不多就這樣。身為父親也是一樣,就是保持耐心去教 導孩子。我們很幸運,老大跟老二都是非常認真的孩子。在他們的年紀,我們得教育他們 如何經歷失敗、成功以及焦慮等等會在情緒上影響他們的處境,這是我們的職責。 MT: What was your goal with “Dear Basketball,” the short film you did together with renowned animator/director Glen Keane and Oscar winning composer John Williams? Bryant: For me it’s just really exciting to be able to create this piece with Glen and John. I’ve been a fan of Glen for years, and John, obviously. To actually see Glen receive the accolades and praise that he’s deserved for years and years of creating so many iconic characters has been a joy for me. And for the story itself, I wrote it from a really, really personal place. I’ve gotten a kick out of seeing people’s different reactions to the film, because if we’re doing our jobs as storytellers, the reactions and interpretations will be different for each person, in a sense. Because they’ll relate it to something they’ve gone through personally. And it’s been a joy for me to see those reactions from people and to hear what moved them and how it moved them. As a storyteller, that’s what’s most enjoyable, to be able to move people and take them to a place that was forgotten or an emotional turning point in their lives. MT:「Dear Basketball」, 你和知名動畫師 Glen Keane 及奧斯卡得主 John Williams 合作創作的這部影片,你對它有什麼期許呢? Kobe: 能和 Glen 及 John 合作這部作品實在讓我太興奮了。很顯然的,我是他們兩位的 死忠支持者。Glen 長年來創造了這麼多標誌性的腳色,看到他得到該有的讚譽,這是我的 樂趣。關於作品本身,我是用非常個人的角度去撰寫的。我也看到了人們對這部片的反饋 。如果我們做得好,每個人看完後的反應跟闡釋應該都會不太一樣,因為影片會和每個人 個別所經歷過的事產生連結。所以看到觀眾的反應,聽他們說對影片的想法以及影片如何 觸動他們,這是很有趣的。能碰觸到人們的心,使他們去到生命中已被遺忘的記憶深處或 情緒轉捩點,這也是作為一個說書人最有趣的地方。 MT: That makes me think of the 60-point game … how so many people were moved by that night, and have that memory forever … something you gave them. You can’t do it on the court anymore, but is this next phase at all about trying to do it in a different way? Bryant: That’s absolutely right. In that last 60-point game, what you see is the action. You see what I’m doing. But as a storytelling company, we can’t just simply show you what’s happening, we have to show you why it’s happening . If you build in that character as it is happening how it leads to that place, this way, you’re not only inspired by what you’re seeing, but it’s hitting home personally if you understand why. MT: 那讓我想到那場 60 分的比賽...,不知道有多少人被那晚所感動,而變成了永遠的回 憶,這是你給予的。而你現在沒辦法在球場上做到這件事了,那在不同領域做到同樣的事 是你下個階段的目標嗎? Kobe: 沒有錯。在最後那場 60 分的球賽,你所看到的是動作,你看到了我實際在球場上 做了什麼。但在創作公司,我們可不能單單只告訴你發生了什麼,我們得讓你知道為什麼 。如果創造了故事,讓你知道前因後果,那你不只會記得故事情節,也會因此聯想到你自 身的經歷。 MT: So was the 60-point game basically a culmination of everything you were as a player? Persistence, tenacity, endurance, footwork, skill, direct leadership… Kobe: It was kind of a snap shot of the arc of my career, really. The struggles to start. The ebbs and flows throughout the course of the game. Physically being tired but pushing through. That perseverance. The footwork that was there , the fundamentals of the game were there. But also the emotional strengths to be able to have the inner confidence that this thing will turn around. It’s OK . I don’t care if millions of people are watching, just focus on the thing you love doing because you’re doing it for the last time. Being able to emotionally find the enjoyment in that versus the burden of the pressure of the situation. MT: 所以那最後一場比賽算是你球員生涯的總訣式嗎?你的堅持、韌性、忍耐力、夢幻步 伐、技巧、領袖氣質...? Kobe: 那比較像是我生涯的縮影,真的。開頭的連續不中,整場球賽中的潮起潮落。身體 疲憊了,但必須撐過去。我的腳步還在,比賽的基本功還在,我的毅力及精神讓我有自信 能把一切扭轉過來。沒問題,我不管有幾百萬人在看著我打球,我只專注在我所愛的籃球 ,因為這是我最後一次上場了。讓自己在對抗這種處境下的壓力中尋找樂趣。 MT: When the jersey goes up … is it going to be two different jerseys, or one with the number slashed? Do you know? Kobe: I have no idea. That is a great question. I have no clue. MT: 當球衣升起的時候,會是兩件不同的球衣呢?還是一件上面寫著兩個號碼呢?你知道 嗎? Kobe: 不曉得,這是個好問題。我一無所知。 MT: Perhaps the building will be similar to how it was for the 60-point game, with a ton of excitement, but without all the angst that was there for Game 7 against Boston. What are you expecting? Kobe: I don’t know. I’m expecting a lot of energy. I myself am going to be really excited to see a lot of people I haven’t seen in a long time. I’m also really excited to share “Dear Basketball” with them. Something that’s really personal, this whole journey, the beginning of the journey as a Laker all the way to the culmination of having my jersey retired as a Laker. MT: 球館裡面可能會像那場 60 分的球賽一樣,所有人都非常興奮,但沒有 Game 7 對抗 波士頓的緊繃。你期待是什麼樣的畫面呢? Kobe: 不知道耶,我想應該會充滿著能量。我自己對於能見到很久沒見的人們是相當興奮 ,我也很期待要跟他們分享「Dear Basketball」這部影片,從我穿上湖人球衣開始,到球 衣被退休這段旅程中一些個人的感觸。 MT: And for someone who grew up watching the greats of the game, I’m sure the significance of being up there next to Magic, Kareem, Wilt, West and company won’t be lost on you. Kobe: No question. Those were muses to me growing up as a kid. To have my jersey up there with them is a dream come true. My goodness, that’s insane. MT: 對於一個看著 Magic、Kareem、Wilt、West 這些巨星長大的人來說,能成為在他們旁 邊掛上球衣的一份子,想必意義是非常重大的吧。 Kobe: 絕對的。在我還是孩子的時候,他們就是我的繆思神。能在他們旁邊掛上我的球衣 對我來說就像夢想成真。我的天啊,這太不可思議了。 MT: OK two quick ones about the current young Lakers. I know you had a conversation with Brandon Ingram last season, and wonder what you’ve seen in his development up to this point? Kobe: He’s developing from what I’ve seen, and not just in the big games, but in the games that aren’t nationally televised and don’t have fanfare around them, still being able to perform at a really, really high level. It seems like he’s starting to figure out the beat of the NBA game. Starting to figure out the rhythm of the league. Starting to figure out the defensive packages that he’s seeing night in and night out. It’s really exciting to see how he’s developing. MT: 最後兩個簡單關於現在年輕湖人的問題。我知道你上個賽季和 Brandon Ingram 有過 交談,想問從那之後你看到了什麼進展嗎? Kobe: 他一直持續在進步。不只是大比賽,連那些沒有全國轉播或球迷蜂擁的球賽,他都 能夠將自己維持在很高的水準。現在看來他已經慢慢搞懂 NBA 比賽的節奏,熟悉這個聯盟 的模式,開始知道他每晚會碰上的防守會有什麼伎倆。看著他在進步,真的是令人非常興 奮。 MT: What would be your main point of emphasis to Lonzo Ball or really any of the Lakers young players? Kobe: Just focus on doing the work. You’ve been around me long enough, Mike … you know it’s all about the work. No matter what you’re asked for stories or (what may be good for) TV debates … it doesn’t really matter. In the end it’s just about getting better. Focus on your game. That’s it. MT: 你對於 Lonzo Ball 或其他年輕的湖人球員,有什麼重點要提醒的? Kobe: 就是專注把事情做好。Mike...,你跟我共事夠久了,你知道最要緊的就是努力。不 管有什麼花邊新聞或是電視喜愛的八卦話題,那些都不重要。最終你就是必須讓自己更好 ,專注在自己的球賽,就這樣。 原文網址:http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/171215-kobe-bryant-q-and-a -- https://i.imgur.com/DcAUg4E.png
最後一個問題 Kobe 變成 Lonzo 是怎樣?亂入膩? -- "If you don't believe in yourself, no one else will." - Kobe Bryant -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 60.246.254.88 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/KobeBryant/M.1513624975.A.74A.html

12/19 03:30, 6年前 , 1F
推!!!!
12/19 03:30, 1F

12/19 09:11, 6年前 , 2F
Kobe就是有這種魅力阿 XD
12/19 09:11, 2F

12/19 09:38, 6年前 , 3F
12/19 09:38, 3F

12/19 09:41, 6年前 , 4F
老大不要走
12/19 09:41, 4F

12/19 15:56, 6年前 , 5F