[轉錄][外電] ESPN 2nd Round LAL vs UTA Prev …

看板KobeBryant作者 (妳)時間16年前 (2008/05/04 20:36), 編輯推噓2(200)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 Lakers 看板] 作者: LoadUp () 看板: Lakers 標題: [外電] ESPN 2nd Round LAL vs UTA Preview 賽前報 時間: Sun May 4 17:24:09 2008 Bryant, Lakers anxious to end layoff Bryant及湖人等不及要開打。 來源:http://tinyurl.com/53us4a 3:30 PM ET, May 4, 2008 Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA ABC LOS ANGELES (AP) -- When the Staples Center crowd chants "MVP! MVP" in Kobe Bryant's direction Sunday, it won't simply be based on sentiment. 禮拜天當史戴波中心的球迷對著Kobe Bryant大喊"MVP"時,將不再只是情緒性的發洩。 While the Los Angeles Lakers' players were watching the finale of the Houston-Utah first-round playoff series Friday night at a Hollywood restaurant, Bryant received an e-mail informing him he had won his first Most Valuable Player award. 當湖人球員禮拜五晚上在好萊塢的一家餐廳,邊吃飯邊觀賞休士頓與爵士的最後一場比賽 時,Bryant收到一封電子郵件告訴他,他將會贏得他生涯第一座最有價值球員獎盃。 While it hasn't been made official, the honor has been expected since the completion of the regular season 2 1/2 weeks ago, when the Bryant-led Lakers finished with a Western Conference-best 57-25 record. 雖然官方還沒正式宣佈,但是在兩個半禮拜前例行賽結束,Bryant帶領湖人隊以57勝25敗 拿下西區第一時,他就被預測會得到這個獎項。 The word came through a Los Angeles Times report, which quoted sources as saying NBA commissioner David Stern would be in Los Angeles this week to present the MVP trophy to Bryant. That's expected to happen Wednesday night before Game 2. 消息是從洛杉磯時報傳出來的,他們的消息指出NBA總裁David Stern將會在這禮拜到洛杉 磯,在禮拜三晚上的系列第二戰中把獎盃頒給Bryant。 League spokesman Brian McIntyre declined to confirm or deny the Times report, and wouldn't comment further. 聯盟發言人Brian McIntyre拒絕對洛杉磯時報的報導做出評論,也沒有承認或否認。 "The game tomorrow is a beast sitting on my shoulders," Bryant said after practice Saturday, referring to the opener of the second-round series against the Jazz. "I'm reserving judgment until I hear from David Stern." 「明晚的比賽對我來說很有壓力。」Bryant在禮拜六練習完後,針對第二輪的對手爵士發 表的想法。「在我得到官方的證實之前,我不會做出任何評論。」 That being said, the 29-year-old Bryant didn't need much prodding to share his feelings. 29歲的Bryant並不需要急於炫耀他的感受。 "I'm very excited about it. I didn't know if it was going to happen in my career," he told reporters. "It's a great honor. It means a lot. To me, it's very special. It's very special to share it with these guys." 「我對此很興奮,我不知道在我的生涯中還有機會拿到這個獎。」他告訴記者。「這是個 很大的榮譽,對我來說意義重大,特別是能與我的隊友分享。」 Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic said Bryant informed his teammates at the restaurant. 湖人的後衛Sasha Vujacic說Bryant在餐廳時就告訴了他的隊友。 "We congratulated him," Vujacic said. "He deserved it. He told us how proud he is of the whole team." 「我們很恭喜他。」Vujacic說。「他值得得到這個獎。他告訴我們他有多為這整個球隊 感到驕傲。」 Vujacic smiled when asked if Bryant's teammates went into an "MVP! MVP!" chant upon hearing the news. 當Vujacic被問到Bryant的隊友是不是在聽到消息時就高喊"MVP!MVP!"時,露出淺淺的 微笑。 "When he paid the bill, we did. Not before," Vujacic said. 「在他付帳後才有,不是之前。」Vujacic說。 "I bit the bullet," Bryant confirmed when asked if he picked up the check. 「我是有請客。」Bryant被問到他是不是有付錢時說。 ------------------------------回歸正題分隔線----------------------------------- Tipoff Sunday will be some 38 1/2 hours after the Jazz beat the Rockets 113-91 to win the series 4-2 and reach the second round. The Lakers haven't played since Monday night, when they completed a first-round sweep of the Denver Nuggets. 在爵士以113-91擊敗火箭,4-2結束這個系列大約38個半小時後,將在禮拜天與湖人開打。 湖人自從禮拜一晚上橫掃了金塊這系列後,就沒有再比過賽。 "Let's play. Let's get this under way," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said. 「打吧,開打吧。」湖人總教練Phil Jackson說。 "We're ready to go. We're excited about the opportunity," Bryant said. 「我們準備好了,並對這個機會感到興奮。」Bryant說。 Utah coach Jerry Sloan waxed philosophical regarding the quick turnaround. 猶他總教練對於很快就要再度比賽泰然自若。 "We'll just have to go play, that's the way the rules are," he said before the Jazz flew to Los Angeles. "They've had a chance to prepare for us. Their energy level should be as high as it can get, but we still have to play the game." 「我們就是要去打,規則就是這樣。」他在爵士出發到洛杉磯之前說。「他們有很長的時 間去準備如何對付我們,他們的精神體力應該是前所未有的高,但是我們還是要去打這場 球賽。」 Jackson had a different take, saying: "We just have to come out and match their energy. We've been sitting around for six days." Jackson對此有不同的看法,他說:「我們必須要上場並拿出與他們對等的能量,畢竟我 們已經休息了六天。」 Sloan and Jackson are meeting in the playoffs for the first time since Jackson coached the Chicago Bulls to victory over Sloan's Jazz in the 1998 NBA finals. 自從1998年總冠軍賽,Jackson帶領芝加哥公牛擊敗Sloan的爵士後,這是他們倆第一次在 季後賽碰頭。 The Lakers won three of the four regular-season games between the teams, but were without Pau Gasol in all four. Three were played before he joined the Lakers on Feb. 1, and he missed the fourth because of a sprained ankle. Despite playing short-handed, the Lakers won a 106-95 decision March 20 to snap Utah's 19-game home winning streak. The Jazz had an NBA-best 37-4 record at home, but they were just 17-24 on the road. 在例行賽湖人對上爵士四場贏了三場,但是四場都沒有Pau Gasol。三場是在他加入前, 第四場則是因為他扭傷腳踝而錯過。就算那場缺少人手,湖人還是在三月二十以106-95斬 斷了爵士在主場的19連勝。爵士本季在主場戰績是全聯盟最佳的37勝4敗,但是他們在客 場只有17勝24敗。 "Regular season's not playoffs," Jackson said when asked the significance of his team's record against the Jazz. 「例行賽並不是季後賽。」當被問到對上爵士耀眼的戰績時,Jackson說。 The Jazz are led by Carlos Boozer, who averaged 21.1 points and 10.4 rebounds, and Deron Williams, who averaged 18.8 points and 10.5 assists. Carlos Boozer以21.1分10.4籃板帶領爵士,加上Deron Williams的18.8分10.5助攻。 "Bad Boy," Bryant said of Williams. "I love his game. He's a little Cadillac, that's what I call him. He's a phenomenal, phenomenal player." 「壞小子一個。」Bryant談到Williams時說。「我喜歡他的比賽,他像是台小型的凱迪拉 克,我是這麼叫他的,他是個很有影響力的球員。」 Williams made six 3-pointers and had 25 points and nine assists in the finale against Houston. 在最後一場對火箭的比賽中,Williams幹進六顆三分25分以及九助攻。 While Williams might represent a challenge for the Lakers, Bryant represents the ultimate challenge. He averaged 28.3 points during the regular season and 33.5 points in the first-round sweep of Denver. 相對於Williams可能會對湖人造成威脅,Bryant對爵士來說才是最終級的挑戰。他例行賽 平均28.3分,在丹佛系列賽中平均33.5分。 "You tell me somebody in this league that is equipped to guard him," Sloan said. "He's a great player, and you don't stop great players."你來告訴我聯盟中有誰可以守的住他。」Sloan說。「他是個偉大的球員,你沒辦法阻 止一個偉大的球員的。Utah's Andrei Kirilenko pointed to the Lakers' supporting cast. 猶他的Andrei Kirilenko則提到湖人的板凳。 "I don't think we need to pay attention on Kobe only," Kirilenko said. "It's all about team defense. It's all about helping each other defensively. We have succeeded in the past." 「我不認為我們只要注意Kobe就夠了。」Kirilenko說。「重要的是整隊的防守、球員互 相的幫忙防守,我們曾經做到過的。」 The Jazz were successful last season, reaching the conference finals before losing to eventual champion San Antonio. Lakers guard Derek Fisher was a key member of that team, averaging 10.1 points while playing in all 82 games with 61 starts. 爵士上一季是很成功的,在分區冠軍賽碰到冠軍隊聖安東尼奧之前。湖人後衛Derek Fisher曾經是這個隊上重要的人物,在那季82場比賽中61場先發,平均10.1分。 Fisher played his first eight NBA seasons with the Lakers before leaving to sign a free-agent contract with Golden State, where he played two years before being traded to the Jazz before last season. Fisher在生涯前八年都待在湖人,然後以自由球員身份加入金州兩年,去年再被交易到 爵士。 He drew attention last spring when he left the Jazz before Game 2 of the conference semifinals to go to New York, where his 10-month-old daughter, Tatum, was treated for a cancerous tumor in her left eye, but returned in the third quarter and scored all five of his points in overtime of Utah's 127-117 victory over the Warriors. 他在去年分區冠軍賽第二戰前為了他十個月大的小女兒Tatum而飛到紐約,她被診斷出在 左眼有癌症腫瘤,但Fisher還是在第三節回到賽場上,並且在延長賽得到他整場比賽僅有 的的五分,幫助爵士以127-117擊敗勇士。 Fisher asked the Jazz to release him from his contract last summer so he could concentrate on finding the best medical care for his daughter, and that turned out to be in Los Angeles. Fisher在去年夏天請求爵士釋出他,讓他能為他的女兒找到最好的醫療地點,然後就轉來 加入了洛杉磯。 "They're a confident group," Fisher said of the Jazz. "I'm happy they've made it to this point. But they stand in the way of my goal and the goal of my teammates." 「他們是很有信心的一隊。」Fisher談到爵士。「我很高興他們能走到這個地步,但是他 們阻擋了我及我隊友的目標。」 Sloan、爵士隊,就甘心~ -- 世界籃球討論板 12 國家體育場 汗水, 鬥志, 膽識 9 PttBasket 籃球 Σ籃球/台灣籃球/美國職籃/相關討論 1 basket_ptt *THM Σ主題樂園 5 worldbasket 籃球 ◎世界籃球錦標賽和聯賽討論板 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 203.70.116.105

05/04 17:29,
外電推~~ Sloan、爵士隊,就甘心~
05/04 17:29

05/04 17:51,
推薦這篇外電
05/04 17:51

05/04 17:54,
Sloan、爵士隊,就甘心~
05/04 17:54

05/04 17:59,
「在他付帳後才有,不是之前。」Vujacic說。 XDD
05/04 17:59