[外電] Reputation - Julius Randle

看板Knicks作者 (IG)時間3年前 (2021/03/07 19:17), 編輯推噓12(12016)
留言28則, 12人參與, 3年前最新討論串1/1
原文:https://reurl.cc/g86AYp Reputations are funny things, man. When I signed with the Knicks two summers ago, I was hype. Actually, I was beyond hype: I’ve had doubters for my entire career — and New York’s front office basically told me to brush those people off to the side. They said, We see you, we believe in you, we want you to be our guy. And here’s a big-time deal to back it up. Them having that type of faith in me.... it meant everything. But it also left me with something to prove, you know?? I had this whole new role now — and this whole new contract to live up to. And when the season rolled around, I think I just went out there with those types of thoughts running through my mind. They’re expecting you to get your 25-to-30 tonight. That’s your JOB. So go and do your job. Stuff like that. I ’m not a selfish player — never been a selfish player in my life. Always been about the team. But I had it in my head that for this team, in this situation, they were paying me a lot of money because they wanted me to get a lot of shots up. 在2019的夏天,尼克用3y/63M的合約簽下Randle,並告訴這位整個職業生涯都遭受質疑 的球員:「我們看到你了、我們相信你、來到NYK吧」,這份信任對Randle來說代表了 一切(多麼單純的年輕人XD) 但這也代表Randle必須去證明一些事情:擔起尼克的頭牌。 進入到19-20球季後,Randle的腦袋瓜裡淨是想著「球隊期待我一晚拿個25-30分, 這是我的職責,我不是自私的球員、從來不是!但他們給我那~麼多錢就是要我搞定這。 」 It didn’t turn out so well. For one, to be honest, I don’t think I realized everything that goes into being a #1 option in the NBA. You’re the head of the snake, and that’s not just some tough talk. That really means something. It means the other team’s defense is dialed in with an actual game-plan to stop you. It means there’s pressure on you, every play, to figure out how to get to your spot on the court. It means if you don’t execute like you’re supposed to, it’s not just a bad individual night — it’s probably a loss as well. There’s so many little things that come with a big role like that.... and I don’t know if I was ready for all of them. And then another problem, looking back, is that I think I was so focused on proving myself as a #1 option, that I lost sight of some of my other responsibilities to the team. For example, I was supposed to be one of our leaders — someone who could help establish what our identity was as a group, and who could set an example of what it took to be a winning player in this league. Someone who could not only play at a high level, but who could also raise the level of those around him. As much as the team needed my scoring last year.... they might have needed my leadership even more. And I didn’t give it to them. 不過結果並不美好 第一,當時Randle並沒有完全理解成為一支球隊的第一進攻選擇所帶來的一切。成為蛇頭 ,代表聯盟裡其他球隊會用計劃過的防守封鎖你,在每個回合裡試著在場上找出Randle的 存在,這是股壓力。當事情無法照預想的進行,這就不僅只是個糟糕的夜晚,也是場失敗 。 當Randle承擔了更大的角色有許多的小細節隨之而來,不過Randle並不確定當時的他是否 已經做好準備。(看來4沒有) 第二,Randle當時太過專注於證明自己是球隊的#1,而忽略了其他對於隊上的責任。 成為一個領導者。 不只要交出高水準的表現,同時也要提升身邊的隊友,以身作則展示如何在NBA裡成為 winning player。 在令人挫折的19-20球季裡Randle並沒有做到這些。 I think it was just a frustrating season — it wore on guys a lot. And it showed. As a matter of fact, here’s how I know it showed: My son, Kyden, he’s four years old.... and he watches every move I make on the court. Dude watches me like a hawk, for real. And then what happens is, we’ll be back at home playing one-on-one on his little plastic hoop (my wife, Kendra, is the ref) — and he’ll start imitating what he’s seen me get up to in my games. So like when I had a big dunk against some team and then flexed after, next time we played one-on-one, Kyden started doing that. He hit us with the kiddie flex. But then one day, last season, we’re home playing with Kyden on his hoop, and he got a bucket (kid is already nice) — only I gave him a little love-tap on the play. A little veteran contact. And y’all I swear: he turns around, he looks at his mom the ref, and.... he starts giving her The Look. What look? That look. He gives his mom that "are you kidding me" face, throws his arms up in the air, and then starts in on her — you know, like: No call?!? Where’s the call?!? And we’re cracking up, of course — we’re like, “Oh my goodness. Where’d he learn that??!?!?” It’s so funny. But it’s also like….. Oh, damn. He got that from me. That’s how negative I ’ve been looking on the court these days. And in all seriousness, I think I realized, like, O.K. — if I’m making that kind of impression on Kyden, what kind of impression might I be making to all these other younger fans watching me?? Man, I hated that thought. 前述種種顯現在Randle的兒子-Kyden,他看著他老爸在場上的每一舉動。在家裡 父子倆會用Kyden的小籃球架玩1 on 1,媽媽Kendra擔任裁判,Kyden會模仿老爸在場上的 行為。在上季的某天父子倆又在玩單挑,Kyden做出了大家都很熟悉的肢體語言,朝著 裁判(他老媽)露出〝are you kidding me〞的表情、雙手一攤盯著她:我的飯呢??妳為 甚麼不給飯吹哨呢??(孩子的模仿能力呀~) Kyden這模仿自場上老爸的舉動讓Randle開始了深層的內心戲:「噢~天呀,原來這段時間 在場上的我是如此的醜惡,兒子都歪成這樣了,那對同樣看著我的那些年輕粉絲又會建立 怎樣的印象呢」(有偶包啊這傢伙,原本就是野獸美了還擔心這) I know you only get one chance to make a first impression in a city — and I was so disappointed in myself for how that first season in New York had gone. It felt like a blown opportunity. It felt like I'd cemented my reputation in the opposite way that I’d wanted to. Selfish. Not a leader. Not a winning player. I heard all of it, and I couldn’t say a thing about it. And I knew that if I wanted to shake off the reputation I’d built up, I really only had one option: to come out this season and establish a new one. That meant rounding out my game. I worked on expanding the range of my jumper, to stretch the floor from three like you’re seeing from a lot of elite bigs. I worked on my playmaking and versatility, so that I could play more minutes at more spots on the court — power forward, point forward, center, whatever it takes. I worked on my conditioning, to make sure I was ready for a full season.... plus a playoff run. Maybe it sounds corny, but I worked on becoming the player I’ve always felt like I could be. My best self. But I also knew that shedding last year’s rep — it was about a lot more than just being the best possible individual player. It was about this entire Knicks team finding its best self. So with that in mind, I started thinking to myself, you know.... what are the things that my vets did for me, that helped me raise my level, that I can do for our group of young guys? 罪人Ranlde的沉思反省過程。 自私、缺乏領導能力、不知道如何贏球,都是休賽季裡球迷對他的幹譙 (其實駡啥他都知道,駡他是shit Randle還發到IG限動上) 在一座城市建立第一印象的機會只有一次,但Randle搞砸了 Randle知道要洗刷親手奠定的名聲,方法唯有:建立新的名聲。 苦練跳投,像其他的頂級大個子一樣把進攻範圍擴展到三分線 精進playmaking的能力並讓自己可以打多個位子,Power forward、Point forward、 Center。 鍛鍊體態好面對漫長的賽季、甚至是季後賽。 但光提升自己還不足夠,這是關於如何讓整支球隊蛻變到不同的層次 Randle開始回想過往隊上的老將如何提點他、幫助他提高實力 從這些經歷裡他能為隊上的年輕人們提供什麼? First thing I did was I started showing guys the value of watching tape, and the way to build all these good habits out of that. That was a lesson I learned from Isaiah Thomas, when IT and I were both with the Lakers. It was only about half a season together, but sometimes that’s all you need with a dude as knowledgeable as Isaiah. For real, that’s one of the best hoop minds I’ve ever been around. And probably the biggest lesson he taught me was how, watching tape, prepping for a new opponent’s tendencies each night, looking at the game under that microscope — it’s not bonus work. It’s not optional. It’s elemental. It’s part of any great player’s process. 第一件事是只在湖人相處了半季的IT教給Randle的:看錄影帶。 觀看每晚對手的比賽影片、準備應對他們的比賽風格 這不是一件有選擇性的工作,這是基本的、是成為一位great player過程中的一部分。 And then another thing I’ve been doing this season is — actually, hold up. Gotta tell y’all a quick story. Alright, so everyone knows how I had to sit out my rookie year with an injury. But one of the consequences of missing that year is how it delayed all these NBA “firsts.” All these different little dreams you had since you were a kid, about making it to the league — that all gets put on pause for a season. And meanwhile you’re sitting there courtside, in street clothes, watching it happen. It’s like you’re so close to it but so far away. It’s tough, man. And then what happens that next season, is you’re almost making up for lost time. It’s like it’s all that stuff you’ve been dreaming about.... but now with a whole other year of having built it up in your head. One of the biggest things for me that I was looking forward to, I think it’s one of the things a lot of guys look forward to when they get to the league. It’s playing that first game on the road in the city where you came up. It’ s like a whole homecoming vibe: I went to grade school here — now I’m coming back and I’m an NBA player?! That’s a wild feeling. I grew up in Dallas, so I had this early-season road game against the Mavericks circled on my calendar. I was excited. Excited to feel that sense of accomplishment, of being that kid from your neighborhood growing up who made it to the league. We flew in after a Wednesday night game, and the Mavs game wasn’t until Friday late, which meant we had an off day in Dallas. So guys were definitely going out that night. Me, I’ve got family, I’ve got a bunch of friends texting and whatnot, with this plan and that plan. Y’all have to keep in mind I’m 20 years old at this time. You can imagine where my head is at. So then we get off the plane, we ride to the hotel, and — ha. Wow. I will never forget this. We’re coming up on the hotel in Dallas, and Kobe turns to me and he goes, “Julius, what you bout to do.” I’m like, “I’m about to see my family, chill with some friends, you know. Have a night.” And Kobe, he just cuts me off. He’s like, “Nah. We’re going to the gym.” Bro.... I mean, that right there, it’s just the power of Kobe. If anyone else in the world had said that to me, in that moment, I might have hit ’em with an eye roll and went on with my business. But when Mamba is telling you that it’s a change of plans, and you’re coming with him to the gym tonight? You don’t ask questions. You just do as you’re told. And of course Kobe knew we were in my hometown. Of course he knew. But that wasn’t him being a bad dude or anything. It was more like — it was him trying to use the situation to teach me a lesson. The lesson being: To get to the next level in this league, you can’t be putting in that next level of work only some of the time. Has to be all of the time. No such thing as sacrifice without sacrifice. That was November 2015, Kobe’s last season. And from then on, everything he showed me that night, straight up: it’s become my routine. If we’re on a road trip, as soon as we get off the plane, there you go, that’s my night — before I do anything else. I’m heading to the gym, I’m getting my shots up, I’m putting in my work. And what’s crazy is.... O.K., here’s the end of the story. So we’re in Detroit last season, on a road trip. And we fly in, I grab my bags, and like I said: it’s been my routine ever since that night in Dallas. Get off the plane, head to the gym. Get off the plane, head to the gym. Get off the plane, head to the gym. Like clockwork. Every city, though, it’s a new situation — there’s different places available. So what I’ll do is, I’ll have the team set up a spot in advance. And that way I can go straight there, however late it is, and get my workout in. On this particular trip, in Detroit, they had this little high school gym opened up for me. I love gyms like that — simple and old school. And I get to the building, and the guy who was there to let me in, I think he’s the athletic director of that school, we start talking a little bit. And he’s like, “It’s good to see you. Guys don’t really show up here to work out anymore. Matter of fact, the last guy to come in this late to shoot — man, that must have been years ago. It was Kobe.” Yo. I mean, just hearing him say the name….. it gave me chills. This was the month after Kobe had passed — and it was just one of those moments. One of those moments that stays with you. One of those moments that forces you to take a second, and feel humble about how connected everything is. And I guess how that story connects this season to everything else for me, is like: I think I’ve always known what a blessing it was that I got to be teammates with Kobe for his last two years in the league. But there’s knowing.... and then there’s understanding. And I think this year, for the first time, I’ve really understood why Kobe mentored younger players like me. Not just so we could flourish ourselves, but so we could pass down what we learned to other players as well. I think that’s a huge part of his legacy, especially in those last few years 這段Randle分享了兩個故事,關於Kobe。 (Randle退休後要不要考慮當網小作者,水字數很會R) 15-16球季,Randle第一個完整球季、老科生涯最後一個球季 湖人提前一天飛到 Dallas (Randle老家)準備打客場 因為提前到達所以有個可以揮霍的夜晚 年僅20、正適合熬夜的Randle安排了滿滿的晚上行程 到達旅館後,老屁股Kobe問:「肖年欸,晚上要衝啥?」 心裡已經開始趴踢的Randle不加思索:「見見家人、和朋友聚聚享受夜晚」 Kobe直接打斷:「不,我們要去球館訓練」 Randle:@#%^^&**%%$#@@@$%^^^***** 這是老科利用Randle進NBA後首次回到家鄉出賽的機會教他:在NBA裡想提升到更高的水準 ,不能只是偶爾付出與之相應的訓練,而是all of the time。 之後Randle養成了只要進行客場之旅'一下飛機就會在當地找個球館訓練的習慣。 另外的小故事就是上季尼克來到了底特律打客場 Randle請球隊借了間high school的小球館 當他到達後學校的運動經理幫他開了球館門,寒暄幾句 經理:「看到你來訓練真不錯,現在已經沒啥人這麼做了,上次這麼晚還跑來投籃 訓練的人已經隔了好幾年,It was Kobe.」 Randle到了今年,才第一次真正瞭解Kobe那時為何要這樣鞭策像他一樣的年輕球員 不僅僅只是茁壯他們的能力,也是讓他們可以傳承從其他球員那學習到的技藝。 And what I love about this season’s Knicks, man, is how we have a group of young guys that’s just ready to GET BETTER like that. It’s a group that’s ready to work. It’s a group that’s trying to soak up knowledge like a sponge. And whereas last year I might have been going off to get my work in on my own — this year, when we land in a city?? Pretty much the whole squad is going to the gym. It’s funny, I swear. We’ll have Obi asking me 100 questions a day. (I’ll be like, “Obi, leave me alone.”) We’ll have RJ who just never stops grinding. We’ll have Quick, from his first day of training camp, being the last one to leave the court. We’ll have this whole big bus of guys, on that plane-to-gym workout plan, just trying to get those shots up. It’s a cool energy. 這季的尼克充滿了準備好GET BETTER的年輕人,他們渴望訓練、像海綿一樣吸收知識, 如果是在上季,Randle會走開想著照顧好自己的事務即可 這季,當來到一座城市後,會有一團的人相揪去訓練館。 Obi會整天喋喋不休的問各種問題、RJ毫不鬆懈的磨礪、IQ從訓練營的第一天開始 就是最後離開球場的。 我們有一拖拉庫的年輕人執行著下飛機就到球館報到的訓練 It’s a cool energy. More than any team I’ve ever been on, with this year’s Knicks, it feels like we have a collective purpose. And I think that’s also one of the things that Thibs has been great at bringing to the table. This idea of how we can have our goals as individuals, and then our goals as a team.... and if we have the right mindset, there’s no reason those goals can’t feed into each other. It just feels like something good is happening. And I guess that’s how I feel about my own season as well. It’s been a lot of hard work paying off: as a shooter, as a passer, as a leader — man, you name it. And on a personal level, like I said.... it’s been a long and winding road. Hearing my name come up in All Star conversations?? I truly appreciated that. And then hearing I made the team.... it's an amazing honor. But at the same time, if I’m telling you my main goals, and what’s been the most satisfying for me this season — it’s where we are in the standings. Now, don’t get me wrong.... it’s not where we want to be yet. It’s not where I’m hoping we can get to over the second half. But if you’re trying to make a change, then you have to start somewhere. And I think this is that start. I’ve been painting the picture of it to these guys all year. Just the other day I was talking about it with Obi and them. I was like, y’all don’t even realize.... if we can put some wins together here?? Get this thing going for the playoffs?? Get New York popping?? Maybe even there’s crowds by then, and we get the Garden popping?? Y’all don’t even know. There’s not another fan base in the league that can match what these Knicks fans will give us — if we ’re taking care of our business. And that’s what’s been special about this year. I’ve gotten to flip the script on my own reputation as a player, while I’ve also gotten to help with this larger thing we have going — where we’re flipping the script on the reputation of our entire franchise. Mostly, though, I just wanted to write this to say thank you to everyone who’ s been supporting us during a tough time.... and over a strange couple of seasons. We’re building something here, and I’m glad to be a part of it. I’m grateful for the chance to make a second first impression. I’m damn proud to be a Knick. Randle在休賽季的的鍛鍊得到了回報,作為一位射手、傳球手和領導者 並成為了All Star,一項無比的榮耀。 但這並不是Randle最主要的目標、也不是他一直向隊友們描繪的藍圖 他滿意球隊在上半季所取得的成績,但並不滿足。 現在的成績還沒到達他們的預想,球隊還能往更高的成就邁進 挺進季後賽,讓紐約再次偉大(x 做為球員Randle已經改寫了個人原本的名聲、把握機會建立了另一個第一印象 現在他和隊友們要重振這支球隊的名譽。 I’m damn proud to be a Knick. 翻譯如有錯誤還請不吝指正 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 看著Randle從湖人4年再到水鳥、尼克,上季終於有了當家的機會 但撇除Fizdale的爛,光看他的體態和半生不熟的技術就覺得扛不起球隊他自己也有相當 的責任,那時有開玩笑和群組的朋友說尼克還算佛心,付錢讓Randle在場上練球 練翻身後仰練後撤步練帶一步跳投練pull up三分 後來就專心看水鳥去了XD 然後啊 總算皮繃緊 這季帶著great shape來到訓練營 畢竟第三年合約只要花4M就能買斷,20-21也算半合約年了kk NBA ALL STAR x Julius Randle 另外想問下MR,現在查到他和尼克當初簽的合約是4M/3y,這季跑完第三年但薪資網站裡 顯示21-22尼克還有個TO能撿之後他就會成為UFA。次輪秀有個例子是金塊沒撿Jokic第四 年的TO讓他成為RFA接著續約綁住不讓他第四年打完後進FA。那關於MR,尼克是該循金塊 -Jokic模式今年休賽季去談新約,還是明年讓他成為UFA進市場。 NewYorkForever -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 218.32.125.29 (臺灣) ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Knicks/M.1615115847.A.41D.html

03/07 19:27, 3年前 , 1F
除了讚還能給什麼呢,both randle&原po
03/07 19:27, 1F

03/07 19:32, 3年前 , 2F
話說,fiz不帶看錄像嗎!?
03/07 19:32, 2F

03/07 19:52, 3年前 , 3F
看到kobe那段...眼眶有點溼潤
03/07 19:52, 3F

03/07 20:04, 3年前 , 4F
感謝
03/07 20:04, 4F