[外電] Ewing 加入山貓隊

看板Knicks作者 (BSH99)時間11年前 (2013/06/12 10:34), 編輯推噓5(501)
留言6則, 6人參與, 最新討論串1/1
AP source: Patrick Ewing new Bobcats associate head coach Ewing去當山貓的新助理教練囉 CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Charlotte Bobcats owner Michael Jordan is giving old friend Patrick Ewing another shot to continue his NBA coaching career. The Bobcats have reached an agreement in principle with the Hall of Famer to become their new associate head coach, said a person familiar with the situation. 有消息表示Ewing已經同意當山貓的新助理教練。 The person spoke to The Associated Press Tuesday on condition of anonymity because the hire has not yet been made official. 不過還沒正式官方 The 50-year-old Ewing and Jordan were teammates on the 1992 USA Olympic "Dream Team" that won gold at the Barcelona Games. Ewing was out of coaching last year after the Magic decided to let go of Stan Van Gundy and overhaul their roster while embarking on a major rebuilding project following the 2011-12 season. Ewing spent part of last season working as an NBA broadcaster. Before that Ewing worked for five years as an assistant coach with the Magic alongside Steve Clifford, who was hired as the Bobcats head coach last month. Ewing has nine years of experience as an NBA assistant coach. He's also worked as an assistant coach for the Washington Wizards and Houston Rockets. Ewing interviewed for the Bobcats head coaching position in 2012, but Jordan hired Mike Dunlap instead. Ewing also interviewed for the Detroit Pistons head coaching position in 2011. However, that job was given to Lawrence Frank. Ewing has said in the past he wants a chance to become a head coach and being the second in charge with the Bobcats could afford him that opportunity down the road. He will be the first assistant coach hired by Clifford, who looks to dramatically improve a Bobcats team that finished 21-61 last season under Dunlap and is 28-120 over the past two seasons. The Bobcats will almost certainly lean on Ewing's expertise as a former center to help develop the low post games of Byron Mullens and Bismack Biyombo. Charlotte hasn't had a true dominant center and general manager Rich Cho said earlier this offseason the team will be looking to "add bigs" to the roster. Ewing, a native of Kingston, Jamaica, was an 11-time NBA All-Star and the league's Rookie of the Year in 1986. In college, he helped Georgetown to the NCAA Division I national championship in 1984 and was named the Naismith College Player of the Year in 1985. 總之就是Ewing要去山貓當助理教練了 http://ppt.cc/iX8x ------------------------------------------------- 更新一下: Patrick Ewing said he’s still “disappointed’’ he has not become an NBA head coach but indicated he feels one day he will be back in the Knicks organization in some capacity. Ewing還是很失望他不能當上總教練,但他表示他有天會回歸尼克 Ewing’s work on MSG Network is a start and he has sat next to Knicks owner James Dolan during at least two games this season. He never has been offered an assistant coaching job with the Knicks — only a head job with the D-League team they manage in Erie, which he turned down. “My relationship with the Knicks is fine,’’ Ewing said. “Mr. Dolan has been very good to me. He gave me a great opportunity to do some TV. I cherish the opportunity maybe one day in near future, I’ll be back in the organization. I have no problem with the Knicks. I have no problem with the Dolans and it’s fair to say they have no problems with myself.’’ Ewing said he has no interest in being a D-League coach. “I wasn’t offended,’’ Ewing said. “I didn’t want to be a coach in the developmental league. I wanted to be a coach in the NBA.”The opportunity wasn ’t in my best interest.’ 談到之前尼克提供給他發展聯盟總教練的職位的事情 Ewing:"我跟杜蘭的關係還是很好啦,杜蘭他對我真的很好,他給了我一些機會去轉播, 或許未來的某一天我將會回歸尼克,我現在跟尼克跟杜蘭都沒有問題。 至於之前那個發展聯盟教練位子,我不是有意要冒犯,只是我真的想要成為NBA的教練, 而不是發展聯盟的,所以那個機會並不是我想要的。" http://ppt.cc/ICU8 -- ─∥ ── ="’. ∵ ◆ ψsherry821224 ────────────── \ Teammates don't  ̄◣  ̄╲  ̄╲ ‵、λ﹀ play with each _ ─-.╳ ︶- other, they play ρ\ `, ▲ FOR each other. ─∥ _╱ ╲╲_◢ | ────────…‥. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 180.218.213.115

06/12 10:34, , 1F
恭喜EWING
06/12 10:34, 1F

06/12 13:12, , 2F
大猩猩加油!
06/12 13:12, 2F

06/12 13:19, , 3F
恭喜Ewing...不過好可惜不是回尼克
06/12 13:19, 3F

06/12 14:02, , 4F
他之前是在魔術嗎??
06/12 14:02, 4F

06/12 15:17, , 5F
恭喜大猩猩
06/12 15:17, 5F

06/12 16:24, , 6F
@.@
06/12 16:24, 6F
更新一些部分 ※ 編輯: BSH99 來自: 180.218.213.115 (06/17 12:44)
文章代碼(AID): #1HjzujNP (Knicks)