[外電] JR爸讚美武僧把他兒子打造成明星射手

看板Knicks作者 (吳嘉)時間11年前 (2013/04/26 12:57), 編輯推噓6(605)
留言11則, 7人參與, 最新討論串1/1
外電來源:http://tinyurl.com/bl5h6jx (SKY大提供) Earl Smith, J.R.’s father who served as his first coach growing up in Central Jersey, gave all the credit to his son’s grand emergence this season to Mike Woodson and took a swipe at his former coach in Denver, George Karl, during a wide-ranging interview yesterday. JR的爸爸 Earl Smith,同時也是JR在澤西中部成長時的教他籃球的第一位教練在昨日多 方面主題的採訪中,把他兒子這季突出的表現全部歸功給武僧把拔,同時也狠狠的唸了兒子 之前在金塊的教練喬治卡爾. Smith won the Sixth Man Award on Monday, capping his career season in which he became Carmelo Anthony’s star sidekick, averaging a career-best 18.1 points. Before Game 2 against Boston, Smith, long known as an underachieving renegade, received a thunderous standing ovation at the Garden when presented the trophy. JR在週一贏得了年度最佳第六人獎,是除了本季傑出表現又更錦上添花.身為瓜瓜明星副手, 每場平均18.1分為個人生涯最高.長久被人認為是沒有發揮自有實力的叛徒JR,在第二場 在花園主場對老賽比賽前的頒獎典禮上得到了如雷般的掌聲. “I got to give all the credit to Knicks organization and Coach Woodson,’’ Earl Smith told The Post yesterday. “When you got a coach like that, anything’s possible. "我把所有的功勞給予尼克整體跟教練武僧,"Earl Smith 昨日這麼跟郵報說."當你有個 這樣的教練,任何事都有可能." “I noticed it from the first game,’’ Earl Smith added. “When you have all the potential in the world, there’s a certain way you have to approach him. There’s just different ways to approach different people. Woodson had the patience. The other coaches didn’t have the patience. "第一場比賽我就注意到了,"Earl Smith 說." 當你擁有全世界都想要的潛力時,你必須要 用特定的方法來對待他.不同的人要用不同的方法,武僧很有耐心,其他的教練沒有." “If you’re a basketball player, you either can shoot and pass or you can play defense,’’ Earl continued. “Not everyone can do everything. I’m not saying this because he’s my son, but J.R. basically can do everything.’’ "如果你是個籃球員,你不是能射能傳要不然你就很會防守,"JR爸爸繼續說."不是每個人都 能夠全部包辦,我不是因為他是我兒子我才這麼說的,但是JR能夠處理所有的事情." Earl felt Karl had it in for Smith during their five seasons together in Denver. Earl覺得卡爾對JR在金塊的5個球季裡給予了"特殊待遇". “The assistant coaches loved him there but they couldn’t say anything,’’ Earl Smith said. “There was negativity from Day 1. I was at the practice arena just sitting around and George comes by while J.R. is shooting. I heard George say to the assistants, ‘J.R. Smith, I’m going to bust his ass this year.’ ’’ "助理教練們都很喜歡他但是他們只能噤聲,"Earl Smith說."從第一天就有不好的能量, 我坐在練習球場時,喬治在JR練習投籃時經過,我聽到他跟助理們說"JR SMITH,我今年一定 會把你的小屁屁打爆的..." Earl expects J.R. to opt out of his contract and become a free agent July 1. The Knicks can be outbid since the most they can offer him under the salary-cap rules for Early-Bird rights is a four-year deal starting at $5.2 million per season. Teams under the salary cap can blow the Knicks out of the water. Earl預期JR會選擇在7/1跳出合約變成自由球員.因為薪資限定規則裡早鳥權的關係,尼克 最多只能給出4年合約,每年$5.2million,尼克很有可能搶不過別隊的報價. 其他在薪水限 限下的隊伍有能力把尼克推出搶人大戰外. Earl said his son has already taken less to be a Knick, claiming the Lakers had a superior offer last summer. Earl說他的兒子早就因為為了當尼克人而拿了較少薪水,去年夏天的時候湖人給了個大約 要簽他. “It depends on what’s on the table,’’ Earl said. “He’s already taken a lot less the last two years to play here. Whatever the decision, I support. I would love for him to be here but I have my other two sons here.’’ "這還是要看看報價的狀況,"Earl說."他這兩年為了在這裡已經拿少了.無論他做什麼決定 我都支持.我會很高興他能留下,但我還有其他2個兒子在這." Chris Smith, a point guard, tore his patella tendon at Knicks training camp last October and has been rehabbing at their facility. He is a favorite to make the team next season. Christ Smith,一個控衛在去年10月尼克訓練營撕裂髕腱後一直在尼克設施裡做復健.他 是下季會成為尼克成員的熱門人選. Earl Smith, who lives in Millstone Township, N.J., has attended every home game this season with his wife, Ida. Earl, after a stop at a junior college, played at Monmouth University, where his youngest son, Demitrius, is now a standout nose guard and NFL prospect. JR的老爸現在住在紐澤西省Millstone鎮,每場比賽都跟太太Ida出場觀看.Earl雖然在初級 大學裡停了一陣子,之後還是有在Monmouth大學打球.他最年輕的兒子Demitrius也在這所 大學,現在是位優秀的鼻翼防守員,未來有很大的可能進NFL. (Earl won’t be attending Game 3 in Boston tomorrow because of Demitrius’ spring football game.) 因為Demitrius大學的春季球賽,Earl無法參加明日對老賽的第三場比賽. “The fans are great and it’s been an unbelievable feeling,’’ Earl said of Tuesday’s Garden serenade. “I was excited to see him succeed and everyone’ s not bashing him. The announcers say it’s a good shot now. Looking back, it ’s the same damn shot. It’s the same shot he’s taken for nine years.’’ "球迷很棒,感覺很好,"Earl對於周二花園觀眾的歡呼小夜曲評論說."我很高興看到他成 功,沒有人罵他. 播報員說這是個好球.回顧以往,他一直都是那麼投球的,9年來,他投球的 方式都沒有變." Earl said J.R.’s recent admission he partied too hard in his first season in New York was spot on. Smith signed with the Knicks last February after spending the lockout playing in China. Earl說JR最近承認他來紐約的第一季去太多舞會完全正確.在球季暫停期間在中國打球,JR 去年二月跟尼克簽約. “Coming from China he didn’t do anything for three, four months over there but eat and play,’’ Earl said. “There was no clubbing in China. Of course a young kid comes back and he got caught up with it. That whole experience humbled him, seeing how they lived.’’ "在中國他除了吃飯跟打球外,3,4個月來什麼都沒做."在中國沒有去夜店狂歡,一個年輕 的孩子回來後當然就會自我解放大玩特玩了.去中國的那段日子讓他學會了感恩,知道那裡 的人是如何生活的." The turning point for this season came in March when Smith made it his mission to attack the basket and not settle for his patented step-back jump shot that occasionally failed him. 本季的轉捩點是3月時JR決定把攻擊籃框當作任務而不再總是投他偶爾會失敗的招牌往後跳 投球. “He’s so athletic, he could go to the basket anytime he wanted it,’’ Earl said. “But he got fouled and referees never called it. He was getting beat up and getting tired of it. I’m not bashing referees. But they get caught up watching and not reffing. I always thought that about him and Melo, too. There ’s some guys you can’t even touch. Not them. Maybe it’s because everybody hates New York.’’ "他非常有運動天份,什麼時候他想要他就可以投進,"JR爸爸說."但他被犯規然後裁判都不 做判決.他已經厭倦白白被打了.我不是在罵裁判們,但是他們太喜歡看比賽而忘記自己 的工作.我認為除了他遭受這種待遇外,瓜瓜也是.有些人甚至連碰一就有犯規可拿,他們倆 沒有這種特權,也是是因為大家都討厭紐約." Earl doesn’t see Smith as a sixth man forever, especially if he leaves the Knicks. JR爸爸認為JR不會永遠是第六人,特別是當他離開紐約後. “Every player wants to start, right down to the 15th player,’’ Smith said. “But in Woodson’s chemistry, it was different and it was working. I don’t know what it will be next season. "每位球員都想先發,無論是第一位還是第15位球員,"JR爸爸說,"但在武僧的巫術裡,狀況 不太一樣而且也成功了,我不知道下一季會變成怎樣." “He bought into the system and realized what he had to do to make this team successful,’’ Earl added. “The older guys bended his ear. When coaches, the owner, GM, Allan Houston is on your side and everybody’s pulling for you, it makes a big difference.’’ "他很信任這個系統也認知他必須要做什麼來讓這個隊伍成功."JR爸爸說. "老隊員讓他 言以計從.當教練,老闆,GM, Allan Houston都站在你這邊,每個人都在後面推你時就會有 很大的不同." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 70.79.74.78

04/26 13:02, , 1F
推Allan Houston
04/26 13:02, 1F

04/26 13:13, , 2F
推推 翻譯姬好快!! XD
04/26 13:13, 2F

04/26 15:19, , 3F
昨天看完這篇之後我沒翻XD 他爸又罵裁判又罵卡爾的根
04/26 15:19, 3F

04/26 15:19, , 4F
本蓄意引戰啊XDDDD
04/26 15:19, 4F