[外電] Novakaine was born in the crib in Milw

看板Knicks作者時間12年前 (2012/03/11 00:26), 編輯推噓21(2105)
留言26則, 22人參與, 最新討論串1/1
█ █ █ █ █ █ ╭═╮╭╮ ╭═══╮ ╭═╮╭╮ ╭═══╮ ╭═╮╭╮ ║▌╰╮║ ║▌╭╮║ ║▌║║║ ║▌╭╮║ ║▌║║║ ║▌ ║ ║▌╰╯║ ║▌║║║ ║▌╰╯║ ║▌╰╯╯ ║˙╰╮║ ║˙ ║ ╰˙╰╯║ ║˙╭╮║ ║˙╭╮║ ╰═╯╰╯ ╰═══╯ ══╯ ╰═╯╰╯ ╰═╯╰╯ █ █ █ █ █ █ ◢███ ◢████◣ ◢████ ██████ █████ ██▋ ██ ███ ██▋ ███ █████◣ ███ ██▋ ██ ███ ██▋ ██ ███ ██████ ███ ◥████◤ █ █ █ █ █ █ source http://0rz.tw/iILav Steve Novak was born to shoot the 3 By Jared Zwerling http://0rz.tw/X9t8x Steve Novak is averaging 12.2 points and shooting 49 percent from 3-point range since Feb. 6. Ever since he was a toddler, Knicks forward Steve Novak -- who returned home to Milwaukee on Friday night to face the Bucks--was always shooting a basketball. 自他開始學會走路以來--這位將在星期五晚上回到老家出戰公鹿的尼克前鋒Novak--就已經 開始不斷投籃了。 At home, Novak's parents, Michael and Jeanne, placed a mini basketball hoop above his baby crib and Steve started throwing the ball toward it in his first year. (That same hoop, by the way, is now on the crib of Steve's 19-month-old son, Mack.) 在米爾瓦基的家中,Novak的父母Micheal和Jeanne放置了一個玩具籃球架到Novak的嬰兒床 而不到一歲Novak就開始投起球來了。(另外說一下當年的那個玩具籃球架現在放到了Novak 19個月大兒子Mack的床上了。) When Steve was in grade school, he took things to a whole other level. In the basement of the Novak residence, which consisted of a play area and TV setup, Steve's parents installed an adjustable hoop on two suspension poles. Even during Packers games--the Novaks are big fans -- Steve's parents could hear him downstairs taking shot after shot. 當Novak在小學的時候,他就變現了他與衆不同的一面。在Novak家裡地下室,是一個遊樂 和看電視的地方,Novak的父母在兩個懸掛桿上裝上了可以調整的籃球架。即使是在綠灣包 裝工比賽的時候--Novak是他們的超級粉絲--Novak的父母親還是可以聽到來自地下室不間 斷的投籃聲。 Starting at age 6, Steve was already setting goals for himself. On a chalkboard , he would write "500" or "1,000" -- and those weren't for attempts. 自他6歲開始,Novak就開始為自己設定目標。他會在黑板上寫下"500"或是"1000"--這當然 不是指投籃次數。 "He would count how many shots he made, not how many he shot," Michael told ESPNNewYork.com. "One day, we heard the hoop going all afternoon and then all of a sudden it stopped. We went down there to see why the noise wasn't going on anymore, and we looked at the chalkboard and he had met his goal and had fell asleep on the couch watching the rest of the Packers game." "他會記下他投進多少顆,而不是投了幾顆,"Novak的父親告訴ESPNNewYork.com."有次, 一整個下午都傳來投籃的聲音但是之後突然中斷了。我們就下去地下室查看聲音消失的原 因,我們發現他已經完成了他在黑板上寫下的目標,而他則不小心在看著剩下的包裝工比 賽的時候睡着了。" Even when Steve grew to 6-8 as a high school freshman, and with Michael--his basketball coach at Brown Deer (Wis.) High School for four years--encouraging him to play the post more, Steve stuck to the 3-point line. 即使Novak在高中一年級的時候長到了6-8,同時他的父親--也是他在威斯康辛Brown Deer 高中四年時間的籃球教練--不斷鼓勵他多打低位,Novak還是被3分球迷上了。 http://0rz.tw/a0YYo Knicks sharpshooter Steve Novak was already 6-8 as a high school freshman at Brown Deer HS. "In his grade school years, he always had a different idea than I did in that respect early on," Michael said. "He liked that 3-point line. He kind of grew into it. I was kind of old school at first with that, thinking that the game was to be played more on the inside than had it been in the past. He soon adapted my thinking to the 3-point line for sure." "從他小學開始,他就對我早年崇拜的信仰有不同的想法了,"Micheal説到。"他喜歡在外線 出手。整個人都陷進去了。過去的我是一位傳統思想派的,認為比賽應該首重內線而不是 傳球到外線出手。他讓我改變了這種想法。" Around that time, Michael implemented a shooting device that attached to the bottom of the backboard and automatically passed balls to where Steve was standing, or a spot he would be moving to (like a tennis machine). Michael said Steve's work ethic was "impeccable" and that there was "nothing ever" to change about Steve's shot. 大約在那個時候,Micheal在籃框底下設置了投籃練習機能夠自動將球傳到Novak站的位置 或是傳到Novak的移動點。(類似網球的練習機機器)。Micheal表示Novak的練習態度是"無 可挑剔"的,同時也沒有任何事情可以改變Novak對三分的執著。 Michael also helped Steve capitalize on his gift in game situations. To throw defenses off, Michael ran a flex offense to enable Steve to get open looks from different areas on the court -- not just spotting up from outside. Sometimes, Michael would start Steve in the post and have him pop out to the perimeter. Player movement was key so Steve's shooting spots weren't predictable. Micheal同時也幫助Novak在比賽中發揮他的所長。Micheal設計flex offense讓Novak能夠 甩開防守者從而在球場上不同的位置獲得空檔出手--而不是定位于同一個位置。有些時候 Micheal會讓Novak先移動到低位然後突然移動到perimeter的位置。球員的移動是一個關鍵 ,這也讓Novak的出手位置更難被預測。 (譯注:Flex offense http://0rz.tw/Mh5vU Perimeter請參考 http://0rz.tw/u27pV perimeter接近於中距離 譯者認為這兩詞都沒有好的中譯 所以就直接採用原文 ) Steve became one of the best players in Wisconsin while playing at Brown Deer, about 12 miles northwest of Milwaukee. In his four years at Brown Deer--where Steve moved when he was about 10 years old -- he averaged 18.7 points per game while shooting 185-for-462 from downtown (40 percent) and 411-for-462 from the foul line (89 percent). Novak在Brown Deer這座距離米爾瓦基12英里遠的高中打球的時間裡在他成為了威斯康辛最 好的球員之一。在他於Brown Deer高中四年期間--打從Novak 10歲起--他的成績是場均 18.7分 3分球185-462(命中率40%) 罰球411-462(命中率89%) http://0rz.tw/iWf9v Steve averaged 18.7 points per game in high school, before staying in state at Marquette. From his junior to senior year, when he led Brown Deer to its best record(21-5) and finish (the state final four), he made 76 free throws in a row while averaging 20.6 points, 10.4 rebounds and 5.0 assists per game. (His younger brother, Chris, was a freshman starter on that team.) Before Steve graduated, he was named the 2002 Gatorade Wisconsin High School Boys' Basketball Player of the Year. 高三到高四期間,他帶領Brown Deer寫下隊史最好的紀錄(21勝5負)和排名(州四強),這段 時間裡他投進76顆罰球 場均20.6分,10.4籃板以及5.0次助攻。(他的弟弟Chris是球隊裡 先發的高一球員。)在Novak高中畢業之前,他被評選為2002年開特立威斯康辛高中年度最 佳男籃球運動員。 Michael said Steve's standout performance came at the start of his senior year during a regular-season game, when he scored 42 points against Dominican High School of Whitefish Bay, Wis. Micheal表示Novak的傑出表現來自於高中四年級時的一場例行賽,Novak在這場對白魚灣 Dominican高中的比賽中砍下了42分。 "We played them at our place and they had a player named Ray Nixon, who had committed to Wisconsin," Michael said. "Steve was going to Marquette. We knew that at that point in time because they had committed to those schools during the summer months. "我們在主場出賽,而他們對上有位球員Ray Nixon,已經和UW談好,"Micheal説道"我們直 到那時才知道Novak要去馬凱特大學,而他們(Dominican高中球員)在暑假的時候就已經和 各所大學談好了。 "It was a big game in so many ways. It was the first and only time we've ever had a sold-out game at our gym. It got crazy where people were scalping tickets out in the parking lot. It was one of the games that was very hotly contested and it was a crazy atmosphere that we weren't quite used to. We didn't win the game because they were a very good team, but Steve put up 42 points, shooting some unusual, very deep shots." "就任何方面來説這是一場重大的比賽。這是我們球場有史以來的第一次也是唯一一次全票 售出。"當有人開始在停車場買黃牛票的時候一切都變得瘋狂了。這是最激烈的比賽中的一 場同時也處於一個我們還不是很習慣瘋狂氣氛。我們沒能贏下比賽,因為對手是非常好的 球隊,但是Novak得到了42分,投進了一些困難,大號的3分。 The Marquette coach at the time, Tom Crean, who's now at Indiana, started following Steve late in the spring of his freshman year. He was most impressed with -- what else? -- his ability to release the ball from distance. 當時馬凱特大學的教練,現執教于印第安大學的Tom Crean,自高一開始追蹤Novak的表現 。他印象最深刻的--還有其他的嗎?--就是Novak的3分能力。 "It was very impressive to see a young man with that size to have that kind of shooting stroke," Crean told ESPNNewYork.com. "From that point on, he became a priority recruit." "對於一位有這種身高的年輕人而言能夠有這樣的投籃手感很難不讓人印象深刻,"Crean告 訴ESPNNewYork.com。"自此之後,他就成為了我們首要招募的球員。" (●ω●):跟我簽約 成為先發球星吧 Novak eventually committed to Marquette, which is located in Milwaukee. Novak最終還是選擇到坐落于米爾瓦基的馬凱特大學效力。 "There were many other great programs that he looked at, and his finalists were Illinois, North Carolina and Marquette," Crean said. "For us to get him, when we weren't even winning at a high level yet, said a lot about how much he loved his family and how much he wanted to have them be a part of his college life. It couldn't have worked out any better." "那時的他還在找尋其他更好的計劃,他最後的名單是伊利諾伊州,北卡羅來納州和馬凱特 這三所大學,"Crean説到。"對於我們來説,得到他的之前我們甚至還沒有在更高的層級有 好的成績,談及他有多愛他的家人以及希望他們成為他的大學生活的一部分。沒有比這更 好的事情了。" Crean said he has coached other solid shooters through the years, but has never been around one better. He said that during Marquette scrimmages, it didn't matter who was on Steve; he couldn’t be guarded. And during drills, no matter how difficult they were, he always excelled. Crean表示這些年來他執導過不少出色的射手,但還沒見過這麽好的。他提到在隊內中的練 習情況,不管是誰守Novak都一樣;沒人守的住他。而在其他演練,不管是多困難的,Novak 的表現都能一樣出色。 "The one thing that stands out to me is the more that you would give him drill-wise, the more that you put a challenge in front of him," Crean said, "the better that he did with that." "對我而言者都代表一件事情:你讓他參與更多的練習,讓他接受更多的挑戰,"Crean表示 ,"他都能做得更好。" Regarding Steve's mechanics, Crean said he worked with him the most on a quicker release, a quicker step into his shot and being able to shoot the ball more off the dribble and off movement. Crean also said Steve's former Golden Eagles teammate, Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat, helped him with his shooting. Crean said Wade knew he needed teammates on the court who could play at both ends and could shoot the ball at a high level, so he pushed Steve to join him in the gym to shoot late at night. 而關於Novak的投籃動作,Crean表示他和Novak最常一起研究的是如何更快的出手、更快的 做好出手準備動作以及如何在避免運球或是移動的情況下完成出手。Crean也提到了Novak 的之前的大學隊友,熱火的Dwyane Wade,也幫助Novak加強他的三分。Crean說Wade清楚他 需要能在球場兩端做出貢獻同時能夠在高位得分的隊友,所以Wade會邀請Novak和他一起到 球場練習投籃一直到很晚的時候。 (譯註: Golden Eagles就是 Marquette大學籃球隊的象徵) Crean said Steve's shooting ability was a clear indication that he would play in the NBA. Crean表示Novak的投籃能力完全能夠作為他進入NBA的條件。 "I felt like Steve had an opportunity to be a pro, even back in high school because of the stroke of his shot," Crean said. "Obviously, he was going to have to get stronger, better with the ball and better defensively. He did all those things. "我認為Novak有機會進入NBA,即使只是根據他在高中時的出手動作,"Crean説到。"很明 顯的,要進入NBA他就必須變得更強,更出色的投籃同時做到更好的防守。而這一切他都做 到了。" "Maybe as much as any scoring that he did at Marquette was the fact that he became the [school's] fifth-leading defensive rebounder his senior year. Most people would point to their most memorable moment for Steve being the 41 points and 16 rebounds in our first Big East game against UConn [on Jan. 3, 2006], when they were ranked No. 1. That is right up there, but watching what he did time and time again is what stands out to me.” "相較於和他為馬凱特大學得分一樣重要事實也許是他在大四的時候成為隊史抓下防守籃板 第五多的球員。絕大多數人會將Novak在我們第一場Big East對決康涅狄格州立大学的比賽 時[06年1月3日]得到41分16籃板的事跡選為最值得紀念的事情。這些事情都記錄在墻上, 但對我而言他不間斷的努力才是我對他最深的印象。" http://0rz.tw/7XcOw Novak, Tom Crean and Marquette reached the Final Four in 2003. Defense is actually one of the main factors that Steve believes is the reason for his increased playing time in the NBA and recent success with the Knicks. He said his shooting got him to the league -- in fact, during his pre-draft workout with the Spurs in 2006, he made 96 out of 100 3-pointers -- and he has flourished in Mike D'Antoni's perimeter-based system. He also said he's finally matured as a defender. 防守實際上被Novak認為是這個賽季他之所以能夠在尼克獲得更多上場時間以及最近這些成 功的主要原因之一。Novak表示是他的3分將他帶入了聯盟--事實上,06年他在馬刺的選秀 前訓練中三分100投96中--而他在D'Antoni的perimeter-based體系中也能夠更加發揮所長 。他也提到他也終于成長為一位成熟的防守者了。 "I've known coaches at Phoenix who said if I could be in a system like this, it would be good for me," said Steve, who's second in the NBA in 3-point percentage (47.7), averaging 2.3 makes per game. "Watching obviously Steve Nash make everybody look good and D'Antoni's system is open and he likes shooters, I've always known that would be fun to play in. And I hoped I would be good in it. " "我在太陽隊時就認識的D'Antoni教練告訴我如果我能夠在這樣的體系內運作,對我來説是 件好事,"Novak,這位目前聯盟三分球命中率第二(47.7%),場均2.3顆三分的球員補充到。" 你可以看見Nash讓每個人都各司其職同時D'Antoni教練的體系是開放的,他喜歡射手,我 一直都覺得能夠在其中打球將會非常有趣。我也希望我能夠在其中發揮出色。" "I was lucky when Glen [Grunwald] called and offered me a contract this year. I was like, 'Wow, it's really going to happen.' Obviously me being in my sixth year, too, I think the stars aligned a little bit in the fact that I'm more mature. Defensively, I didn't understand things quite enough. Now, I'm at a point where if I miss a few shots, hopefully I'll still be valuable enough defensively to stay on the floor." "我很幸運 球隊副總裁當Glen Grunwald打電話給我並且提供我一份本賽季的合約。當時的 我就像是'哇!這真的發生了。'很顯然這將會是我在聯盟的第六個賽季,我認為所有的一切 都往好的方面發展有點關係,另外我也覺得我更加成熟了。防守上,我不明白的事情還很 多。我現在處於一個在場上當我投不進,但我依然希望我能夠留在場上依靠防守端為球隊 做出貢獻的局面。" Not only has Steve become a fan favorite in New York, the global interest in Jeremy Lin has elevated Novak's profile around the world. Michael Novak's brother, who lives in Milwaukee but travels sometimes to Singapore for work, has seen Steve's name in the newspapers there. Novak不僅僅只是成為紐約球迷的最愛,網路上對Lin的好奇也一併提升了Novak的知名度。 Novak的叔叔,居住在米爾瓦基但有時會出差到新加坡,在那裡的報紙上也可以看見Novak 的名字。 Of course, Steve has been a big hit back in Brown Deer, where the Novak family watches all of his games on national TV or NBA League Pass. 無疑,Novak自Brown Deer高中就是心臟大顆的射手,而他的家人會通過收看國家電視轉播 或是NBA轉播收看他的比賽。s "Even just walking around the school, I’ve got kids who'll say, 'Hey Novak,' and then they'll do the championship belt thing," said Michael, referring to Steve's "title belt" celebration, which has become more famously known as the "Discount Double-Check" due to Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers' series of State Farm commercials. "即使我只是在學校附近走動,我都會遇到和我打招呼的小孩,"早啊,Novak",然後他 們會做出冠軍腰帶的動作,"Micheal表示,說的就是Novak的慶祝動作,這個動作經由包裝 工四分衛Aaron Rodgers為State Farm拍攝的"Discount Double-Check"系列廣告而變得更 加家喻戶曉。 So are there more No. 16 jerseys appearing on campus yet? 那是否可以看到更多的16號球衣出現在校園中呢? "Not too many yet. I can't get past [Lin's] No. 17," Michael said. "目前為止還沒有很多。沒辦法超過Lin的17號球衣"Micheal表示。 If Novakaine keeps injecting 3-pointers into the heart of defenders, it's only a matter of time. 但如果Novak繼續在防守者面前砍3分的話,看來只是時間的問題。 (譯注:Novakaine一字來自於novacaine 一種局部麻醉劑 應該是借指球迷陶醉之意) -- 好長Orz 眼睛都快脫窗了 有錯請指正 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 122.117.16.132

03/11 00:28, , 1F
Great ANSI work! :D
03/11 00:28, 1F

03/11 00:32, , 2F
他也提到他也終于成長為一位成熟的防守者.....慘了= =a
03/11 00:32, 2F

03/11 00:32, , 3F
靠............96/100..........
03/11 00:32, 3F

03/11 00:32, , 4F
成熟的防守者才守這樣 冏
03/11 00:32, 4F

03/11 00:33, , 5F
怎麼有QB偷渡...
03/11 00:33, 5F

03/11 00:33, , 6F
96/100 這揪竟是怎樣的命中率= =
03/11 00:33, 6F

03/11 00:34, , 7F
三分命中真的很可怕(但進了線好像就不行XDD
03/11 00:34, 7F

03/11 00:34, , 8F
成熟的防守者這點是反話嗎XDD
03/11 00:34, 8F

03/11 00:35, , 9F
推外電
03/11 00:35, 9F

03/11 00:50, , 10F
推翻譯
03/11 00:50, 10F

03/11 01:19, , 11F
推這個不到一歲就開始投籃
03/11 01:19, 11F

03/11 01:20, , 12F
96/100.......有神阿!!!@@
03/11 01:20, 12F

03/11 01:21, , 13F
不過Novak真的是當三分開始有手感時就擋不住了..
03/11 01:21, 13F

03/11 01:25, , 14F
這篇讚
03/11 01:25, 14F

03/11 01:43, , 15F
推~ 蠻喜歡 Novak 的,希望他真的能用防守來打我的臉^^
03/11 01:43, 15F

03/11 01:53, , 16F
推翻譯^^
03/11 01:53, 16F

03/11 02:03, , 17F
請期待novak成為今年三分王!!!
03/11 02:03, 17F

03/11 02:08, , 18F
96/100 我連罰球都不行 = =
03/11 02:08, 18F

03/11 03:46, , 19F
Novak..他有去比過3分球大賽嗎??XD.
03/11 03:46, 19F

03/11 07:45, , 20F
希望明年可以看到他參加三分大賽
03/11 07:45, 20F

03/11 11:04, , 21F
NOVAK: 霸氣外露,找死!
03/11 11:04, 21F

03/11 11:33, , 22F
推翻譯!三分靠苦練!
03/11 11:33, 22F

03/11 11:46, , 23F
推翻譯 不過UWM其實指的是Wisconsin - Milwaukee分校 通常
03/11 11:46, 23F

03/11 11:46, , 24F
主校區Madison就用UW
03/11 11:46, 24F
感謝 seto大指正^^

03/11 11:55, , 25F
96/100...我就算是籃下投籃,幾個恍神就達不到了=.=
03/11 11:55, 25F
※ 編輯: euphoria 來自: 122.117.16.132 (03/11 15:56)

03/12 00:02, , 26F
p7 投進76顆罰球--->連續投進76顆罰球 ?
03/12 00:02, 26F
文章代碼(AID): #1FMu2ckG (Knicks)