[狂賀] Donnie Walsh就任籃球事務總裁!

看板Knicks作者 ( ′▽`)=○# ( ̄#)3 ̄)時間16年前 (2008/04/03 10:56), 編輯推噓6(604)
留言10則, 4人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Walsh Thrilled to Come Home to Knicks http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/walsh_080402_react.html April 2, 2008 One of the brightest minds in the NBA became the face of the New York Knicks on Wednesday as Donnie Walsh was introduced as the team's new President of Basketball Operations. "I consider it a privilege to be working with one of the charter teams in the NBA, and to come back to the city I call home," said Walsh, a Bronx native. "New York is a very special place for me and it is an honor to be joining this franchise. Knicks fans are among the most loyal and knowledgeable group anywhere in the league, and we will be dedicated to giving all New Yorkers a winning team." James L. Dolan, Chairman of Madison Square Garden and President and Chief Executive Officer of Cablevision Systems Corp., introduced Walsh at Wednesday's news conference. "I feel that bringing Donnie to the Knicks is the right choice to get our team on the path to success," said Dolan. "I've gotten to know him, trust him, his character, judgment, and of course his exceptional basketball expertise." In introducing his new team president, Dolan said he would give Walsh all the support and resources necessary to succeed in his new role. "His mandate is clear," Dolan said of Walsh. "Do whatever is necessary to turn this team around." Given Walsh's remarkable track record, there is no doubt that the Knicks are in good hands. Walsh spent the previous 23 seasons with the Indiana Pacers, most recently as the president of the franchise. His tireless work ethic helped earn the team one trip to the NBA Finals, six berths in the Eastern Conference Finals and four Central Division crowns. Even more impressive, over a 10-year span, from 1995 through 2005, the Pacers boasted the best regular-season record among teams in the Eastern Conference, and fourth-best in the entire NBA. Walsh has a keen eye for talent, and he has made some shrewd personnel moves over his career, such as drafting Reggie Miller and trading for Jermaine O'Neal. Walsh was also in charge of the Pacers' basketball operations during that team's storied rivalry with the Knicks in the 1990s. He stressed how seeing the atmosphere at The Garden during those years inspired him to take the job in New York and restore the Knicks to that level of prominence. Overall, Walsh stressed his dedication and commitment to the job, while also prognosticating a brighter future for the organization. "The team hasn't been good, and I have to discover why they haven't been good, and I have to do something about it," he said. "We have to make sure we're doing the right thing and that people are on the same page. We need everyone going in the same direction. … I look forward to sitting down with everyone involved in the organization, the players, the members of the front office, and finding out what's going on." Although the 2007-08 season has been disappointing, Walsh sees several positives from the current roster. "I started this year thinking there are a lot of good players on the roster, but as the team didn't win, it was hard for players to look good," Walsh said. "But I want to know more about Eddy Curry. I like Jamal Crawford. I think he is a nice solid player. I like some parts of (Jared) Jeffries and (Renaldo) Balkman, what they do. Nate Robinson is an energy guy who can change the tempo of a game. But it isn't so much the players themselves, it's the mix of the players. I think there are some things that are missing, and I want to discover what they are and how to get them." One thing Knicks fans can be sure of is that Walsh will pursue his goal in tireless fashion. "Once I'm in, I'm in," said Walsh. "And I'm in. … This is a very exciting day for me as I begin the next phase of my career in one of the greatest arenas in the world. I'm committed to getting this franchise back to where it was." 溜馬就是在他任內進總冠軍賽的 終於可以擺脫湯瑪斯了嗎? 〒△〒 -- ▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ●●● ▄▄ ●● 龍魂不滅 ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄ψqtgeorge -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 118.169.216.157

04/03 13:08, , 1F
President? 這個職務不就是笑笑湯的職務嗎
04/03 13:08, 1F

04/03 13:09, , 2F
所以現在笑笑湯只剩下教練的職務 是這樣嗎??
04/03 13:09, 2F

04/03 13:20, , 3F
我也很好奇樓上的問題...
04/03 13:20, 3F

04/03 13:21, , 4F
到底THOMAS還有掌管 GM 一職嗎?
04/03 13:21, 4F