[外電] 事實真相

看板Knicks作者 (We Still Believe)時間16年前 (2007/12/04 22:43), 編輯推噓10(1002)
留言12則, 8人參與, 最新討論串1/1
原文:http://0rz.tw/283m4 Through it all, until right after the final buzzer, Stephon Marbury didn't know. 一直到槍響前,小馬還不知道這個噩耗。 The troubled Knicks point guard played one of the best games of the season - unaware his father, who had been cheering him on in the stands - suffered chest pains early in Sunday night's game against the Phoenix Suns at Madison Square Garden. 滿身腥的小馬打出本季最好的比賽之ㄧ。他的父親,也在現場為他的表現喝采。 Marbury played gallantly, scoring 21 points in a losing effort, not knowing his father, Don Marbury Sr., had been rushed to St. Vincent's Hospital Manhattan, where he died. Only his eldest son, Don Jr., was with him, a family member said. 小馬攻下21分。然而他的父親比賽途中被送到醫院,隨後病逝。陪伴他的只有他的長子。 顯然他不知道這個噩耗。 Several Knicks officials knew the awful, heartbreaking truth late in the game but they said Marbury's family had asked them earlier not to tell Stephon his dad had taken ill. 球隊人員知道這項噩耗,但他們指出小馬的家族成員要求他們不要告知小馬。 "Don't tell Steph," a relative said, according to a Knicks official. "Let him play." 行政:“不要告訴他,這是家屬的要求。”Let him play!!!! Sources said a relative told Knicks officials Don Marbury had a history of these types of episodes. Stephon, the second youngest of Don Marbury's seven children, didn't need that kind of distraction right now, the relative said. 親戚:“小馬的老爸一直都有相關的病史。身為倒數第二年輕的孩子,小馬不需要在當下 為他老爸分神。” Knicks coach Isiah Thomas held his usual postgame press conference, well-aware of Don Marbury's death, but he chose not to announce it because all of Marbury's extended family had not been informed of the death of his 69-year-old father and mentor. 老湯罕見地舉行賽後記者會,為老唐的死感到哀痛。但小馬家族的成員選擇不公佈這項消 息--一位嚴父良師的辭世。 The Knicks players learned of Don Marbury's death from coaches after the game. While Marbury is not popular with many of the other players, some sought him out with condolences. 尼克隊員賽後也得知了這項消息。雖然小馬不受其他人歡迎,但多數還是選擇對小馬致上 哀悼。 That's what they did earlier this season, when his aunt, Helen Thomas, the grandmother of Minnesota Timberwolves point guard Sebastian Telfair, died. 這項舉動跟之前的相同。當他的aunt辭世之時。 Marbury was taking comfort in family and friends yesterday and preparing to bury his father. No arrangements were made public. 小馬已著手準備老爸的葬禮,目前還沒有任何公開的安排。 For the Knicks star, it was the tragic low point in a season filled with frustration, controversy and clashes with Thomas. 本季真不安穩,滿是挫折、糾紛、爭吵。 "It's a terrible thing that happened to him and his family," Thomas said yesterday after practice. "For any parent watching their son or daughter perform and to have something like that happen ... I mean anyone who has kids, you sympathize with the son and you sympathize with the family." 老湯;這真令人遺憾。到場支持家人比賽,卻發生這種事。 Thomas said he did not know when Marbury would rejoin the team. The Knicks play the Nets tomorrow in the Meadowlands and have back-to-back games Friday and Saturday against the Philadelphia 76ers. 小馬不知何時歸隊。明天開始是兩場的背靠背--客場對網隊,主場對七六人。 "This isn't the day to discuss that," Thomas said. "Our prayers go out to Steph and his family and we'll do whatever we need to do to be supportive of him at this time and his family at this time." 我們會全力支持他,提供他及他的家庭所需的協助。 Zach Randolph, the only Knicks player to talk after practice yesterday, said, "I can feel his pain." Z-BO:他的痛,我能了解。 "It's been a tough year on him," Randolph said. "I feel real sorry for him and his family. The fans have been booing him and his father passed during a game. Things ain't going good on the team. It's been a real tough season for him." “今年的路,對他來說,真的很難走。”那些boo聲,還有老爸的辭世。 A Knicks official said Marbury did not complain about being left in the dark about his dad's demise, but by then Marbury had left the Garden to be with family members - carrying his grief quietly with him. 小馬默默地承受悲痛,安靜的離開並試著從傷痛中走出來。 原文:http://0rz.tw/5b3nu P.Vecsey另外提到一件老湯在溜馬的往事。 Jamaal Tinsley grew up an Isiah Thomas fan, the reason he wears No. 11, yet found out early as a Pacer how quickly Isiah would write you off if you didn't put him ahead of personal matters. J.汀斯利是老湯迷,這也是他穿11號的原因。以下這件事會快速改變你對老湯的看法。 When Jamaal needed time off to visit his cancer-stricken mother in Maryland during the '02-'03 season, Thomas offered none of his infamous love or even a little sympathy. In fact, had team president Donnie Walsh not given permission, I'm not so sure Jamaal would've been excused. 02-03球季,Tinsley想去探望在病榻上的母親,但他卻沒有得到球隊允許。老湯甚至沒 有給他任何一點的同情心。 When Jamaal's mother died March 24, 2003, the Pacers chartered a plane on an ensuing practice day to take the team to the Brooklyn wake. Only four teammates were decent enough human beings to make the trip: Jeff Foster, Jonathan Bender, Al Harrington and one other whose name escapes me. 03年Tinsley的母親病逝,溜馬隊計畫前往弔唁。但卻只有四名球員參加:印城佛爺、 J.Bender、A.Harrington及另外一名忘了名字的球員。 Team captain Reggie Miller, who comes from a solid family and should know better and rags players on TNT for not doing the right thing on and off the court, stayed home. 當時的隊長大嘴米勒,現任TNT的碎嘴球評,他來自單親家庭,應該更了解那種感受, 卻沒有參加。 So did Thomas; you remember him, that great leader of men often heard spouting how youngbloods need strong guidance and a positive example. How can a coach ask players to dig in on defense as a team and not insist they comfort a teammate as a unit? 事實:老湯口口聲聲說年輕人需要正面的引導。口口聲聲說加強團隊防守,卻不願給他們 的隊友一個小小的擁抱?! Worse yet, Thomas forbid his assistant coaches to board the charter. 更糟的是,老湯阻止助理教練發布前往弔唁的消息。 No matter how much success Larry Bird attains in Indiana he'll never top that first command to fire Thomas. 不管大鳥在印城多麼的成功,永遠不及他一上任就把老湯開除掉的決定。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.164.105.164

12/04 22:47, , 1F
感謝翻譯 不過小馬不是次子 是7個小孩中倒數第二個
12/04 22:47, 1F

12/04 22:48, , 2F
比賽中發生這種事 希望小馬爸好走 小馬也快回來
12/04 22:48, 2F

12/04 22:55, , 3F
糟...又出錯了。虧我校了好幾次(逃)....
12/04 22:55, 3F

12/04 23:12, , 4F
R.I.P
12/04 23:12, 4F

12/05 00:55, , 5F
R.I.P
12/05 00:55, 5F

12/05 01:07, , 6F
最後一句是什麼意思阿...看不太懂
12/05 01:07, 6F

12/05 01:51, , 7F
R.I.P.
12/05 01:51, 7F

12/05 12:15, , 8F
不論後來大鳥在indiana幹成了多少好事,他一去就把Thomas
12/05 12:15, 8F

12/05 12:22, , 9F
開除掉仍然是他做過裏面最出色的決定。
12/05 12:22, 9F

12/05 12:27, , 10F
翻譯辛苦了。不過最後那一大段裏有些語意值得再商榷
12/05 12:27, 10F
└─>抱歉修正了( ̄□ ̄|||)a ※ 編輯: carter09 來自: 220.143.160.120 (12/05 20:11)

12/06 00:05, , 11F
Marbury加油 上帝祝福你們!
12/06 00:05, 11F

12/06 01:59, , 12F
再推
12/06 01:59, 12F
文章代碼(AID): #17LMT-22 (Knicks)