[外電原文] Larry Brown meets with owner of Knicks

看板Knicks作者 ( I Love This Game ! )時間19年前 (2005/07/25 16:17), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Larry Brown meets with owner of Knicks http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/basketball/nba/12214354.htm By Chris Sheridan NEW YORK - Knicks owner James Dolan of Cablevision met last night with prospective coach Larry Brown, who had wanted to speak first with interim coach Herb Williams. The visit to Brown's home in East Hampton, N.Y., by Dolan and team president Isiah Thomas represented the next step in the Knicks' wooing of Brown, a pursuit that figures to end in the next few days. "I'm not going to comment on how it went," Brown said. The Knicks had not formally offered the job to Brown as of Saturday, but the implied message from Thomas was clear: If Brown wants the job, it's his. Brown had said he wanted to speak to Williams before talking to Dolan, but Williams was out of town for the weekend and Dolan was in the Hamptons. "We're going to go to dinner tomorrow somewhere in New York with Herb Williams," Brown told the Associated Press. "It's important for me to talk to him." Brown said he was angered last night when a television crew rang his doorbell after Dolan and Thomas had left. Williams, who has been asked by the Knicks to stay publicly silent, did not return a call to his cell phone. Before Dolan offers a contract, he wanted a face-to-face reading with the nomadic coach who parted acrimoniously with his last two owners - Detroit's Bill Davidson and the 76ers' Ed Snider. -- "Squeeze an orange, and you get orange juice. Put anything under pressure, and you get what's inside." ~ said Pat Riley. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 222.157.148.242
文章代碼(AID): #12vA0NzH (Knicks)