[外電] The Kings Fatherly Figure

看板Kings作者 (C'est la vie)時間15年前 (2008/10/27 11:24), 編輯推噓6(601)
留言7則, 7人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://www.nba.com/kings/features/fatherly_figure_jackson_08.html Every player on a team serves a particular purpose. There are the quiet ones, content with letting their play on the court speak for themselves. There are also the colorful players, who lighten a locker room with their sense of humor and bright outlook. And then there are the father figures – those who embrace offering teammates their vast wisdom and guidance. 每位球員在隊上都有一個特別的角色。有很安靜的,有在上場對自己說話的,也有很多 采多姿的,用自己的幽默感和亮眼的外表照亮休息室。也有像父親的,提供隊友他們的 智慧和指導。 No one on the Sacramento Kings plays that role better than crowd favorite Bobby Jackson. And it's no surprise the father of four, with a fifth child due in February, is committed to fulfilling that position in his second go-round with the Kings. 國王中沒有一個人扮演那角色比受觀眾愛戴的Bobby來得好。沒有意外身為四個孩子的 爸爸,在二月將會有第五個小孩。 Jackson’s paternal tendencies can be traced to his affinity and devotion to his ever-expanding family. He understands the importance of being a father to his children, Breann (age 14), Kendrick (age 12), Sarah (age 7) and Skyy (age 4). Growing up in Salisbury, North Carolina, the veteran guard spent his youth without his own father around. His mother, Sarah, raised him and his sister, Barbara Ann, as a single parent. Bobby像父親的樣子要追溯於他的吸引力和對他家庭的貢獻。他了解作為他孩子父親的重 要性,Breann, Kendrick, Sarah and Skyy。 在Salisbury長大。這名老將在年輕時 父親就不在他身邊。他的母親,Sarah,一個人扶養他和他姊妹。 “Once I saw what she went through,” Jackson said sitting in the Kings practice facility. “I couldn’t let my kids grow up in that type of situation or environment. I wanted the best for them.” 「一旦我看到他所經歷的」Bobby坐在體育館說「我不會讓我的小孩在那樣子的情況或環 境成長,我要給他們最好的」 Working as a hotel manager and house cleaner, Jackson’s mother juggled two jobs during his childhood. Seeing his mother’s struggles taught Jackson the resolve he applies to his parenting and leadership. 當過旅館管理和清潔工,Bobby的母親在他童年時兼兩份差。他母親很努力地教Bobby, 而他也應用到自己身上。 “I think my mom made me a better parent because I watched how she fought as an individual in charge of a single-parent family,” Jackson said of his mother, who passed away from breast cancer in 2003. 「我認為我媽讓我變成一個好父母,因為我看到她如何一個人奮鬥」Bobby在說他母親 ,03年因乳癌逝世 His first venture into parenthood began at an early age. At 21, Jackson’s first daughter, Breann, was born. And two years later, his only son, Kendrick, came into the world. Like his basketball game, his parenting abilities have come a long way since then. 他很年輕就當父親了。在21歲,Bobby的第一個女兒, Breann出生了。兩年後,唯一的兒 子, Kendrick也來到這世上。就像他的籃球比賽,他帶後輩的能力很早就展現了。 “Everything changes with each new addition,” Jackson said reflectively. “ Every kid’s personality is totally special, so you have to treat each one differently.” 「在每個新階段每件事都改變了」Bobby說「每個小孩個性都很特殊,所以你必須不同 地對待每個人」 Similar to NBA players who make the jump to the League after one year in college, Jackson was forced to mature at a young age when he became a father. And part of that maturation process was learning valuable lessons in setting priorities. 就像NBA球員在大學一年後就跳到聯盟中,Bobby在年輕時就被迫成熟,當他成為一位 父親。而在那個階段學到很有價值的一課,就是「優先順序」 “I had to be a father, first, before I could hang with my friends,” Jackson said. 「我是個父親,在我要和我朋友出去鬼混之前」 Over the span of his 12-year career, Jackson has understood the purpose of setting priorities as both a basketball player and a dad. However, maintaining a balance between the two is something Jackson admits is still difficult. 在他12年的職業生涯,Bobby已經了解做為籃球員和一位父親有優先順序的目的。然而 ,要維持彼此間平衡,Bobby坦承仍然是個困難。 “It’s very hard,” Jackson said with a sympathetic sigh. “You have to make it your job to be a father because there are days when you can drift from your kids because you’re tired.” 「這非常難」Bobby嘆了一口氣「你必須完成父親這工作尤其是在因為累了而想離開孩子 時」。 Though Jackson separates his family life and professional career, the 2003 Sixth Man of the Year understands how his fatherly personality links the two. 雖然Bobby因為工作必須和家庭分開,03年的最佳第六人了解如何將兩者連結起來。 “I feel I’m pretty good with helping young guys because I’ve done a lot and seen a lot,” Jackson said. “And also because I didn’t have a mentor when I was growing up.” 「我感覺我滿會幫助年輕人,因為我已經做過很多和看了很多」Bobby說「而且因為我 在成長階段沒有一位導師」 The Kings youth has benefitted from the crafty veteran’s experience. Rookies like Bobby Brown have welcomed and appreciated advice from the Kings fan favorite. 國王的年輕球員已經從這位沙場老將的經驗中得到好處。像菜鳥Brown很歡迎和感激這位 萬人迷的建議。 “He lets me ask him anything,” Brown said humbly. “Even if I think it might be a dumb question, he tells me to ask anyway. He’s just helping me become better on the floor.” 「他讓我問任何事」Brown很謙虛地說「甚至就算我認為這是個笨問題,他還是告訴我「 問吧!」他幫助我在場上變得更好」 No other player has benefitted from Jackson’s guidance more than Kings resident superstar, Kevin Martin. The efficient-scoring guard spent his first season in the League learning the ropes from the wise veteran. 沒有其他球員能夠比KM從Bobby身上獲得更多好處。已經很會得分的後衛在他第一個 球季從聰明的老將身上學習到很多東西。 “He’s a great person to learn from,” Martin said respectfully of Jackson. “He taught me the value of working hard and how to carry myself as a pro.” 「他是個很棒的學習對象」KM很尊敬地在談Bobby「他教我努力的價值和如果讓自己變得 專業」 Brown and Martin are just two examples of how Jackson’s paternal role has overlapped into his basketball career. He’s helped numerous players along the way through his leadership and vocal personality. But Jackson still knows he has a great deal of hoops insight to impart on this young Kings team. Brown和KM只是兩個Bobby如何將擔任父親角色融入籃球生涯的兩個例子。他已經利用他 自己的領袖身分和個人特質幫助過許多球員 “These young guys have seen what I’ve been through,” Jackson said confidently. “They’ve seen the ups and the downs. They’ve seen the battles. And who better to learn from than a 12-year guy who’s won everywhere he’s been?” 「這些年輕人已經看過我怎麼走過來」Bobby很有信心地說「他們已經看過高潮和低潮。 他們已經看過戰爭。那還有誰能比從一位12年身經百戰的老將學習來得更好呢」。 Throughout his career, Jackson has proved to be one of the most reliable bench producers of his generation. However, it's his paternal impact in the locker room and his home that has earned him well-deserved admiration and respect from teammates, fans and family. 縱觀他的生涯,Bobby已經證明他是位最可靠的板凳暴徒。然而,這是他身為父親在休息 室和他的家庭的影響。已經從隊友、球迷和家庭完全獲得欽佩和尊重。 ----------------------------------------------------- 媽的,好長...不過看完就更愛Bobby了,他實在是太帥了 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.130.141.241 ※ 編輯: eliczone 來自: 220.130.141.241 (10/27 11:29)

10/27 13:10, , 1F
push
10/27 13:10, 1F

10/27 18:57, , 2F
辛苦啦 推一個先~
10/27 18:57, 2F

10/27 21:12, , 3F
辛苦啦...不過,第五個孩子應該是二月出生吧 XD
10/27 21:12, 3F

10/27 21:19, , 4F
推....不過胸癌可以改翻成乳癌比較順一點XD
10/27 21:19, 4F

10/27 21:26, , 5F
PUSH這篇文章
10/27 21:26, 5F
※ 編輯: eliczone 來自: 118.169.144.135 (10/27 21:59)

10/27 21:59, , 6F
哈 太長了 有些錯誤
10/27 21:59, 6F

10/28 11:00, , 7F
push push
10/28 11:00, 7F
文章代碼(AID): #191JHiiX (Kings)