Michael Jackson Delivers Lecture on Child We …

看板KingofPop作者 (小笨蛋)時間23年前 (2001/03/05 20:38), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Michael Jackson Delivers Lecture on Child Welfare Sunday March 4 4:21 PM ET By Jason Hopps LONDON (Reuters) - Pop superstar Michael Jackson, his leg in a cast, hobbled into Britain on Sunday for a brief visit to deliver a lecture on child welfare and be the best man at a psychic's wedding. The normally reclusive self-proclaimed ``King of Pop,'' who broke his right foot in a fall at his California ranch last week, winced in pain as he negotiated a staircase at London's Heathrow airport before being whisked away in a limousine. ``It's painful,'' Jackson said from behind his trademark black mask. ``I've broken two bones in my foot and it hurts.'' Asked when he would dance again, the singer who is famous for his ``moonwalk'' shuffle said: ``Oh boy, I don't know, but I hope it will be soon.'' The iconic pop star, whose 1982 album ``Thriller'' is one of the best- selling records of all time, will deliver a speech on child welfare at the Oxford University on Tuesday. The choice of subject has raised eyebrows in Britain from critics who recall Jackson's 1993 payout to the parents of a 13-year-old boy who claimed the singer sexually abused their son. Jackson's ``Heal the Kids'' charity -- dedicated to ``promoting nurturing relationships between parents and children'' -- was founded last year by the 42-year-old with Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, the author of titles such as ``Kosher Sex.'' Members of the charity's board include former Israeli Prime Minister Shimon Peres and Jackson's close friend, actress Elizabeth Taylor. Jackson, who has two children by former wife Deborah Rowe and was also briefly married to Elvis Presley's daughter Lisa Marie, will be the best man at the famed psychic Uri Geller's wedding on Wednesday. He is also expected to appear at the 10th annual Michael Jackson Day at London's Apollo Theater on Wednesday evening, an event organized by his international fan club. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.twbbs.org) ◆ From: IP035.dialup.ntu.edu.tw
文章代碼(AID): #weuYe00 (KingofPop)