[情報] JUDITH HILL 談 MICHAEL JACKSON

看板KingofPop作者 (someone in the dark... )時間14年前 (2009/10/15 19:30), 編輯推噓5(500)
留言5則, 5人參與, 最新討論串1/1
JUDITH HILL 談 MICHAEL JACKSON JUDITH HILL'S WORDS ON MICHAEL JACKSON 原文出處: http://www.urbanbeautycollective.com/page/judith-hills-words-on-michael 看多了烏煙瘴氣的陰謀論、卑鄙無恥從中牟利的小人行徑… 這位在MJ最後時日裡和他相處過的人─ Judith Hill 就是那位在MJ追思會上唱 Heal the World 的女歌手說了她對MJ的印象 以下翻譯部分(和MJ相關內容翻得比較詳細) -------------------------------------------------------------- On July 7th, the virtually unknown singer stepped on stage at the Staples Center and literally attempted to heal the world. She, herself, was grieving at the loss of the one-and-only Michael Jackson, who she was scheduled to tour with before his untimely passing. "All that was going through my mind at that time was to try to perform as best as I could for the family and try to lift them up,” recalls Hill. 7月7日,這位原本不為人知的女歌手站上 Staples Center 的舞台,唱出了heal the world。她自己,當時還沉浸在失去MJ的悲傷中。如果MJ沒有突然離世,她本要參加MJ的 巡演。“那時候,所有事情都湧上我的心頭,而我只是想要好好表演,盡我所能來使他的 家人振作起來。” This is the exclusive UBC interview about a young woman and the moment she commanded the world's attention. HOW SHE WAS CHOSEN 她是如何被選中的 As producers Kenny Ortega and Ken Ehrlich were preparing for the Michael Jackson public memorial, Judith was approached about a spotlight performance for the event. “I had already been chosen to sing I JUST CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU in the actual tour, so I suppose they felt comfortable with me," explains Hill. "Then, a few days before the memorial, they called and asked me to lead HEAL THE WORLD. I was flattered, but I didn't dwell in the moment or anything. I was dealing with the loss still. I wanted to do whatever I could to help, especially the family.” 她原本要在巡演中表演 I JUST CAN'T STOP LOVING YOU,後來製作人 Kenny Ortega 和 Ken Ehrlich 在籌備追思會時邀請她來唱 HEAL THE WORLD。 THE AFTERMATH 後續效應 As the world huddled around televisions far and wide that day, we were introduced to this striking woman with the big voice, and a collective question was asked: WHO IS THAT? This amazing singer, just 25 years old, had performed as if she was born on the stage. Of course, the aftermath of her performance was tremendous. She was inundated with media requests, fan mail and industry executives. She immediately was featured in-studio with legendary anchor Mary Hart on "Entertainment Tonight." But beyond that interview, Judith kept a mostly low profile. “I didn’t want to do so much. One or two (interviews) were good enough to express how I felt, I thought. I didn’t want to prostitute myself," state Hill. "It was a brand new situation for me to have press coming to me. I was still grieving and processing.” She has only been able to reflect on her July performance after the fact and realize how far reaching the performance was. "I couldn't believe the places the fan mail came from. There were many, many countries in Africa and Asia. So many wonderful notes from fans saying that something in the performance touched them. It was really touching for me." 大意是這位25歲年輕歌手一戰成名,被媒體、製作人詢問,世界各地的粉絲信件如雪片般 飛來… BACK TO THE BEGINNING 回溯過去 To understand her rich vocal style, you have to go back to her roots. Judith began her career at a very young age. Being the daughter of a classical pianist and a base player, music was always in her home. Her first recording was made at four years old in a home recording studio singing, GOD HAS MADE. Even with her recent success, Hill still resides with her parents and younger brother in Pasadena, California. “My finances weren’t in place to move out on my own in LA but I am looking to do that very soon,” admits Hill. 她很早就開始唱歌。父母都是音樂人。 Judith went onto Biola University, majoring in music composition. During that time, she focused on her studies and did session work around LA. Upon graduation in 2006, she started to audition and eventually received an offer to perform in France. The job was as a back-up singer to French pop star, Michel Polnareff. "In France, Polnareff is like the American version of Elton John,” says Hill. “It was like a paid vacation in a beautiful country. We worked about two or three nights a week and had a lot of free time to explore and enjoy all the different parts of France.” Before getting this gig, Judith could not speak French. She still can't! "But I can sing in French if I need to," states Hill. 她曾擔任過法國歌星 Michel Polnareff 的合音。Hill說︰“在法國,Michel Polnareff 就像 Elton John 的美國版。” HOW SHE MET MICHAEL 她如何遇到 Michael Within three years of her college graduation, Judith heard about an audition for Michael Jackson's upcoming tour through a friend. It turns out that the tour auditions for the THIS IS IT extravaganza were by referral only. “I was referred by a friend, and when I got to the audition it turns out that I knew the musical director from something else,” says Hill. "That's LA for you." She describes the try-out as a “small audition” and shortly afterward she got the call that she had made it onto the tour. "LA is a funny place. One day you're out of a job and the next day you're singing with Michael Jackson. It’s all just a phone call away,” describes Hill. “It felt like it came out of nowhere. But, maybe it didn’t. Maybe it came by being true to the music and to myself. I don't know.” 她大學畢業才三年,透過一個朋友聽說MJ要辦巡演。“我被一個朋友推薦,而我到了甄 選現場才發現我認識其中一位音樂指導。”Hill說︰“這就是LA。”她形容試演像一場小 型甄選會,之後不久她就接到電話說她可以參加巡演了。“LA是個很有趣的地方,今天你 還失業,明天你就可以和 Michael Jackson一起唱歌。就只是一通電話而已。”Hill形容 ︰“這好似從天而降的機會。但也許也不是。也許對音樂、對我來說,它就這麼成真了。 我也不知道為什麼。” REMEMBERING MICHAEL 回憶 Michael When Judith talks about Michael, her voice sounds light and airy, like she is recalling a lovely memory. “When he first came in where we all were, he was so sweet and endearing. He had a big, big spirit. His spirit was so sweet. He was very kind towards people. He was so nice to all of us and so warm,” she recalls. "Michael had such a gift. I mean, to be so warm and to embrace us like he did with everything he went through is amazing. After all that he had endured in his life? You can’t talk about people doing you shady or doing you wrong, and try to have an attitude about it. He went through a lot and still gave love back.” When we asked what was the one lesson she learned from Michael that she will take with her throughout her career, she answered quickly and definitively that “musically he never apologized for what he was. He was completely himself. Not following anyone. He was locked in his own world. He was true to himself no matter what was said. That is a good lesson for me, I think. To stay true to my vision, to my music and to myself. ” 當 Judith 談到 Michael,她的聲音變得輕柔,像在回想一段美好的記憶。“當他第一次 出現在預演場地時,他很親切、很讓人喜歡。他的精神很好、很愉悅。他對人很客氣。他 對我們都很好、很溫暖。”她回憶說︰“Michael 有這樣的一種天賦,我的意思是,他可 以這麼樣的溫暖,這麼樣的抱著我們就好像他處理的、他經歷過的一切事情都是如此的美 好。即使是在他的人生曾忍受過這麼多事情之後?人們對你做出卑鄙下流的事你卻不能說 ,依然試著要堅持自己的態度。他經歷過了這麼多事情卻還是以愛來回報他人。當我們問 到她,從 Michael 身上學到了什麼是她可以終身受用的,她回答的很迅速、很確定︰“ 在音樂上,他從不會為他的所作所為而道歉。他完完全全就是他自己。不會抄襲其他人。 他被關在他自己的世界裡。不管人家說了什麼,他都對自己誠實。我想,這對我來說是很 好的一課。要對我的想法、我的音樂、我自己,永遠保持真實。” (Paul Anka先生,好好聽聽人家說的啊!) We'll have more with Judith on Monday, from her thoughts on Alicia Keys and Ciara to her personal beauty tips. Check back in with us for part two of Judith Hill's exclusive interview with Urban Beauty Collective. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.166.218.196

10/15 21:48, , 1F
感謝你的分享~最後一段完全把我熄火了
10/15 21:48, 1F

10/15 22:27, , 2F
感謝分享,Paul Anka先生狼心狗肺啊~揣著錢進墳墓吧==
10/15 22:27, 2F

10/15 23:55, , 3F
謝謝分享~真心感受他的人很多,但也有人狗嘴吐不出象牙 哎
10/15 23:55, 3F

10/15 23:57, , 4F
兩篇文兩相對照真是太諷刺了
10/15 23:57, 4F

10/16 01:50, , 5F
MJ真的是有滿滿的愛啊 Q_Q L.O.V.E
10/16 01:50, 5F
※ 編輯: ulcer 來自: 61.216.98.250 (11/26 21:13)
文章代碼(AID): #1ArmVRYM (KingofPop)