[情報] 總算有個有良心的Rabbi看不下去了!

看板KingofPop作者 (someone in the dark... )時間14年前 (2009/10/03 22:45), 編輯推噓5(502)
留言7則, 5人參與, 最新討論串1/1
總算有個有良心的Rabbi Michael Sternfield (Chicago Sinai Congregation) 看不下去,出來說話了! http://www.chicagojewishnews.com/story.htm?sid=8&id=253140 大意是說: Rabbi跟牧師…等助人的職業一樣,必須遵守保密原則。這項原則沒有例外。就像醫師、 律師違反保密原則就會被吊銷執照一樣。即使找我們協助的人已不在人世也不能違反此原 則。 也許Rabbi Boteach所做的有助於他自己事業的發展,但同時也傷害了他自己,及其他的 rabbi的信用。Rabbi Boteach應該好好想一想他這樣作所造成的傷害。 原文如下: Michael Jackson's 'rabbi' As a rabbi of over 30 years experience, I was both appalled and disappointed in the story by Rabbi Shmuley Boteach concerning his friendship with and impressions of Michael Jackson. In so many ways, Rabbi Boteach crossed over the line of propriety and professional ethics. Rabbis along with other clergy, along with the practitioners of all the helping professions, are bound by definite rules of confidentiality. It is precisely this rule which enables us to assist people who depend upon us to preserve the sacred bond of trust. What we discuss or experience with people who seek our assistance are meant to be kept absolutely private. There are no exceptions. In fact, physicians and lawyers who violate this trust lose their licenses to practice should their breach of confidence be discovered. Even when those that we have counseled or befriended are no longer living, the same rule applies. It is only because of this assurance of total confidence that people feel they can be open with us. All of us in these professions also understand that there is no real difference between professional and personal connections. The things we learn or observe in our personal relations are just as sacrosanct. I have had numerous experiences with well known people but I have never spoken and certainly would never write about these experiences for two reasons. First, it would violate the trust of these individuals who believed they could be open and candid with me. Second, it would severely curtail my ability to be of help to others since they would feel that I was not trustworthy. When Rabbi Boteach spoke publicly and also wrote about his experiences with Michael Jackson, he did serious harm to all rabbis and other clergy as well. No doubt Rabbi Boteach felt he was advancing his own career and public profile as the "rabbi to the stars." Perhaps he has, but at the expense of his own trustworthiness and also that of other rabbis. I also must wonder what kind of friend he really was for him now to exploit Mr. Jackson's tragic death with grandstanding. Rabbi Boteach should have given more thought to the serious damage he was doing. As he must know, he also violated several of the sacred principles of our Jewish religion which specifically prohibit tale-bearing (even when the tales may be true), gossip, and "lashon ha-ra" (meaning evil speech). Rabbi Michael Sternfield, Chicago Sinai Congregation -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.166.203.181

10/04 00:22, , 1F
說得好啊! SB真的太誇張了 利用別人的隱私來大賺特賺
10/04 00:22, 1F

10/04 02:39, , 2F
大推 真的是這樣還有資格叫Rabbi實在太扯
10/04 02:39, 2F

10/04 03:10, , 3F
說的好!他還說SB違反了很多猶太教信條,猶太牧師真該以他
10/04 03:10, 3F

10/04 03:12, , 4F
為恥!,應該更多人出來抵制他,任意公佈隱私賺黑心錢,還把
10/04 03:12, 4F