[新聞] Jolin Tsai on Forever Learning

看板Jolin作者 (W.M.Y.)時間10年前 (2014/07/18 00:49), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://ppt.cc/ot0U INTERVIEW: Jolin Tsai on Forever Learning by Robert Michael Poole (簡略的翻譯,還請包涵跟指正~) 2014 marks 15 years into the career of Taiwanese singer Jolin Tsai, an artist who never seems to slow down. Having seemingly taken barely a day off in that time, she has risen to become one of the most successful and lucrative acts of her generation, and at 33, remains the “Queen of the Stage” in her home territory. -- 台灣歌手蔡依林今年出道15周年,且絲毫沒有下滑的跡象。33歲的她成為同期之中, 最成功且賺錢的歌手,在台灣依舊保持著「舞台女王」的稱號。 June 28 saw the singer play a medley of her career hits as the closing act at Chinese music’s most prestigious ceremony, the 25th Golden Melody Awards, only a year after taking home it’s highest accolade, “Song of the Year” for her hit “The Great Artist”. The performance precedes the next chapter in Jolin’s non-stop story, with a new album due in October. -- 六月二十八日她在華語圈具權威的典禮「25th 金曲獎」擔任壓軸演出, 表演了她歌唱生涯中的熱門單曲,其中一首於去年得到了最高榮譽 「年度歌曲-大藝術家」。 這個表演將伴隨著十月的新專輯,進而開啟蔡依林的下一個樂章。 ARTINFO caught up with Jolin shortly before her performance to discuss her eternal desire to learn, the rise of K-Pop, and where she finds inspiration. -- 在蔡依林表演之前我們訪談了關於她的學習動力、韓樂的興起及她是如何尋找靈感。 What do the Golden Melody Awards mean to you? I think it’s a game for musicians, like a chance to present their work every year, and it’s exciting because you don’t know the result until they announce it. So to me it’s a really fun game. I don’t see it as a competition [though], it’s just a party. We want to see each other and to see all the different types of musicians on stage, and to say hello to everyone. -- 金曲獎的意義 ? -- 一場有趣的遊戲。歌手們每年呈現作品,直到最後才會揭曉獎項,所以非常刺激。 我沒有把金曲獎看成是一場競賽,單純是個PARTY,可以和不同的歌手認識及見面。 Does it mean a lot to you to be chosen as the closing performer? To me I would like to be the opening! Because I don’t want to wait so long, haha! I will have lots of stage effects and I’ll make it into a really long piece reviewing my different periods of time and music that I’ve done. Like introducing myself and how I grew up. -- 擔任壓軸對你的意義 ? -- 我寧願擔任開場嘉賓!因為壓軸要等好久,哈哈! 將會有很多的舞台效果,呈現出不同時期的歌曲,彷彿介紹著我自己是如何成長的。 This year marks 15 years for your career. How has the industry changed in that time? Of course the market is not as good as before, but we get to work with different international songwriters and producers, so I think for me it’s a good chance to learn more. I got more freedom now, but of course [when I began] I was taught how to sing, how to perform. I learned because I was completely new, but it was a good chance to absorb, so that I know what I like and could develop what I’m doing right now. So those experiences are important to me. I heard about K-Pop, how [artists] get controlled, but I am lucky to have a good manager and good companies. -- 今年是妳出道15年,唱片業這段期間有何變化呢 ? -- 市場是沒有那麼好了,但我們嘗試跟各國的作曲家合作,是一個很好的學習機會。 我現在自由多了,剛出道我被教導如何唱歌與表演,而那些學習讓我知道 「我喜歡什麼」且「現在可以發展什麼」,對我來說全部都是很重要的經驗。 我有聽過韓國歌手如何被掌管,慶幸我有好的老闆及公司。 You appear to be the hardest working singer in Asia. Many artists take time off once they reach a certain level of success, but you haven’t done that. How come? Because I like new stuff. I am a singer and performer but I am also an audience, so I know what to expect. So I like to see Beyonce do something new, or Rihanna, so I am really harsh on myself when I need to present new stuff, so I will learn everything that attracts my attention and learn the tricks. It’s fun to learn, as a human! I decide to do lots of work. -- 你成為亞洲最努力的歌手,許多歌手達到一個目標便會休息,但你卻沒有,為什麼 ? -- 因為我喜歡新東西,我是個歌手、表演者,亦是個聽眾,我了解那種期待感, 所以我喜歡看Beyonce或Rihanna表演新東西。 當我需要呈現新東西時,我會對自己非常嚴,我喜歡學習那些吸引我目光的東西。 身為人,學習是開心的! You’ve played some big shows internationally, including Wembley Arena in London, what’s your experiences of performing outside of Taiwan? It’s really relaxing. The fans there, they only know the music from the internet so they are very excited. The fun part of the tour is to go sightseeing, because no-one knows me there. I like London and New York, big cities. I think probably [I’ll tour] starting from next year because I will release my new album in October. -- 妳已經有些國際上的演出,例如:倫敦溫布利體育館。在國外演出的感受為何 ? -- 非常的放鬆。那邊的粉絲只從網路上得知我的音樂,所以他們非常興奮。 我覺得去那邊四處遊覽很開心,因為沒人認識我。我喜歡像倫敦或紐約這種大城市。 我明年應該會開始新的巡演,因為十月將有新的專輯! How do you go about developing new styles each time and pick up on new things that inspire you? For the performing part, all my information is from the Internet and facebook. Or maybe something happened to my friend who took some classes, and okay, I’ll go! I’m in to pole dancing, yoga… cooking! Probably five years ago I wouldn’t focus on things other than music, but now I would like to try everything… and play tennis! I’m still learning how to produce a song and hopefully I can produce my own song in the future, so I’m learning songwriting. -- 你是如何發展新風格及選擇新東西當作妳的靈感 ? -- 表演的部分是來自於網路和臉書。或是我朋友上過的課程,覺得OK,我便跟隨著去! 現在在練鋼管舞、瑜珈、烹飪!五年前我其實不會放注意力在音樂以外的東西, 但現在我喜歡嘗試各種事物,甚至網球! 我還在學習如何作曲及寫曲,希望未來我可以自己做屬於我自己的歌。 What are your thoughts on the emergence of K-Pop in recent years? We need to study what the younger generation like. I was wondering in Korea about the government because they want to [support them], but in Chinese-speaking countries I don’t see a strategy to promote us, so we need to do it all by ourselves. To me, to go to the American market is not the main goal of my career, but if I can expose myself there then that would be good. My goal is just doing music that I like. -- 妳對於近年來韓樂興起的看法是什麼 ? -- 我們需要去了解新一代年輕人喜歡什麼。我認為韓國政府全力支持著韓樂, 但我沒看見華語圈有這樣的策略來企圖提升華語市場,所有的東西都得靠自己。 對我來說,美國市場並非我事業的目標之一,若我能讓自己在那邊曝光也很好。 我當今的目標就是做我喜歡的音樂! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 61.230.171.206 ※ 文章網址: http://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Jolin/M.1405615761.A.AF4.html
文章代碼(AID): #1Jn_wHhq (Jolin)