[外電] Jason Kidd 現在還未考慮退役的事

看板JasonKidd作者 (隨遇而安)時間11年前 (2013/03/13 19:22), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Poole: New York Knicks' guard Jason Kidd not thinking retirement By Monte Poole Bay Area News Group Posted: 03/11/2013 03:50:06 PM PDT Updated: 03/11/2013 03:50:08 PM PDT BERKELEY -- Jason Kidd says not now, not yet, almost certainly not after this season and probably not even next season. Retire? How could he abandon the stage that is and always has been his coziest home? Why would he, even while bracing for his 40th birthday, turn his back on the lifestyle he has earned to drift ever so cautiously into the great unknown? If the basketball court was Kidd's personal retreat during boyhood in the East Bay, it has been his movable sanctuary as an adult. So he will delay, for as long as he can, his reluctant entrance into the petrifying uncertainty of life without hoops. 再過10天,Jason Kidd 就將迎來自己40歲的生日。不過這位老將,似乎還並未考慮退役 的事。 ``I signed a three-year deal, never thinking about how long I want to play,'' Kidd says. ``I'll go until my mind and body come to agreement that we have to move on. There are some days when the mind is tired but the body feels good. There are days when the body doesn't feel good but the mind says, `let's go.' They haven't come to agreement.'' 「我簽了一份三年合約,從來想過我還想打多久的問題。」Kidd說道:「我會一直打下 去,直到我的腦子和身體意見統一時我們才會繼續前進。有時候我的腦子會疲憊,但是 身體感覺很好;有些時候我的身體感覺不好,但是腦子會說,'讓我們開始吧。'他們的 意見還沒統一呢。」 Kidd's career, historically and statistically, presents excessive credentials for the Hall of Fame: No. 2 all-time in assists and steals, No. 3 in triple-doubles and 3-pointers made. Kidd is the only player to amass 17,000 points, 12,000 assists and 8,000 rebounds. 無論是看歷史還是看數據,Kidd的生涯都是值得敬佩的。Kidd的抄截和助攻均排名歷史第 二,三雙次數和三分球命中數都是歷史第三,他也是歷史上唯一一個拿到17000分12000助 攻和8000籃板的球員。 ``There is a checklist when you get drafted,'' Kidd says. ``You want to be an All-Star and be mentioned as one of the best. Then you want to be the assists leader, and be among the best in triple-doubles. And as you get older, you keep adding to the list. 「選秀選中的時候會有一份清單,」Kidd說道:「你會想進入全明星,你會想成為被人 提到的最好的球員。然後你又想成為助攻王,拿到最多的三雙次數。隨著年齡的增大, 這份清單中的內容會越來越多。」 `` . . . I don't know if there's anything I haven't seen in basketball. I've seen a whole lot of ups and downs to get where I'm regarded as one of the best. And now I'm coming off the bench. It's all humbling. I've been blessed. It's been exciting.'' 「我不知道籃球的世界中有沒有我沒見過的,在通往最好的路上,我見過了許多的起起 伏伏。現在我打替補了,這會令人更謙遜。我很幸運,這是令人興奮的。」 Another such moment occurred last July. Nearly 12 years after undergoing counseling after a domestic abuse incident with his first wife, Joumana, Jason was found passed out in his Cadillac Escalade, which had come to a stop at the base of a tree, and arrested in a New York suburb for suspicion of driving while intoxicated. 除了12年前家暴的負面新聞,Kidd去年還因為醉酒駕駛而被逮捕。 ``Clearly, it was a mistake and I owned up to it,'' he says. ``It happened and I'll have to learn from it. We all make mistakes, some aren't public and some are. The most important thing, I hope, is that I learn and that, hopefully, others learn from my mistake.'' 「顯然這是我的錯誤,」Kidd說道:「這樣的事發生了,但我會吸取教訓。我們都會 犯錯,有些會被公眾知道有些不會。最終要的就是從中學習,也希望別人能從我的錯 誤中吸取經驗。」 原文:http://tinyurl.com/d84srqt 翻譯:http://bbs.hupu.com/5242662.html -- ─── [[ =" ∵ ◆]] ────────── ▊◢◤ \ Once a Knicks, ▊◤ ▊ ◥◣▊ ◢◤◥ ▊◢◤‵、 ◤◢ always a Knicks. ▊◥◣ ▊ ▊ ▊ ◥◣ ─-.╳ ▊ ◥▎▊ ◤▊ ◥◣ ▊◥◣ ◣◥◣ ρ\ `, ψsherry821224 ─── ◥ ◥ | ────────── -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 114.40.106.122

03/13 21:33, , 1F
老基要打到比老史還老才要退啦XD
03/13 21:33, 1F

03/14 07:02, , 2F
看來可以再戰五年
03/14 07:02, 2F

04/15 11:18, , 3F
老基還動過膝蓋的刀,想想真得恐怖
04/15 11:18, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #1HG65otV (JasonKidd)