Notes: Ichiro right back in lineup

看板Ichiro作者 (my life will...)時間17年前 (2007/07/17 17:10), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://tinyurl.com/ysa5xe (僅節錄一朗部份) Notes: Ichiro right back in lineup 07/16/2007 10:22 PM ET By Patrick Brown / MLB.com SEATTLE -- The city of Seattle can exhale. Ichiro is OK. Things didn't look so good Sunday after Mariners center fielder Ichiro Suzuki took one of Justin Verlander's fastballs slightly above his right knee, causing him to hobble around a bit before exiting the game. But Ichiro, Seattle's iron man who has played in 489 of 490 games dating back to 2004, and 93 consecutive games prior to Monday's series opener against the Orioles, was back in the leadoff spot Monday. He was set as the designated hitter, although manager John McLaren said that was his call, because Ichiro wanted to play in center. "I felt like with everything he's been through in the last week, with the All-Star Game festivities, to the contract negotiations, the press conference, him getting hit, I thought it was a good time to let him DH and catch his breath," McLaren said. "It was a scare for us yesterday, but he feels real good, so it's a big relief for us to hear that news." McLaren got a call from team trainer Rick Griffin, who dialed the skipper just as he was getting his morning coffee around 10 a.m. The ball missed Ichiro's kneecap and didn't hit any bone, making it a pretty quick injury to get over. Reserve Jason Ellison started in center in place of Ichiro on Monday. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 211.103.161.121
文章代碼(AID): #16d8UW_O (Ichiro)