[分享] Academic Writing 注意事項

看板IELTS作者時間14年前 (2009/11/20 13:36), 編輯推噓1(101)
留言2則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
以下內容為學校老師在修改班上學術寫作後給我們的注意事項 我覺得滿受用的~分享給大家~ -------------------------------------------------------- Grammar  ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ Sentences: Sentences in academic writing never begin with the following: so, but, and, also. "So" "but" "and" are used in the middle of sentences, to link clauses. "Also" is used just after the verb "be" or just before any other verb (after the Subject). Generally, relative clauses must have a relative pronoun (which/whose) and a verb. Spelling: This is a major issue for some of you. If you are typing, please use spell-check, and make a note of words you regularly mis-s so that you don't have the same problem next time you write those words. (However, grammar-check is unreliable. I don't recommend using it.) Plurals: If we are talking about something generally, we usually use the plural form without an article: e.g. "Toyota produces cars." Expression  ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ (1) Don't personalise: In academic writing, don't use "I", "my", "we", "our", "you" or "your".     Your writing needs to express your views without personalising the language.       Instead of "I will show that ..." try "This paragraph will demonstrate that ...",         or instead of "We can see", try "It can be seen".  I've told you this a number of times, but many of you are still doing it.    (2) Don't use subjective language: Avoid expressions like "Obviously", "Of course", "As we know", etc.      Nothing is obvious until you make it obvious. Do not assume that "we" know anything.       Your opinion may be completely different to mine, so you have to back it up and prove it. Avoid absolutes like "definitely", "perfect", "always", "everyone", and so on. Avoid emotional words like "wonderful", "gorgeous", "tragic", and so on. They do not sound objective.     (3) Don't use casual language: Avoid "besides", "by the way", "lots of". These are either spoken expressions, or something you'd write in an email to a friend.    Be specific: If you refer to "people", or "some people", or even "many people",      you need be specific about who you mean. Do you mean Chinese consumers?     Middle-income families? Twenty-year-old beauty queens? Elderly African teachers?      Unemployed gay Swedish dentists? Academic discourse  ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ You must learn to tell the difference between facts and opinions in your own writing. Read your own essays critically. Back up your supporting points with evidence and examples. Don't make broad claims without references or evidence. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ~老師好認真~ -- ~ 踏著夢想的浪花前進 ~ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 122.104.164.100

11/20 13:46, , 1F
謝謝分享 但是可以排個版嗎???
11/20 13:46, 1F

01/18 13:45, , 2F
verb.your...好多字都被切成兩行 麻煩排版一下 謝謝分享
01/18 13:45, 2F
※ 編輯: mouse 來自: 58.110.91.133 (02/06 14:00)
文章代碼(AID): #1B1YhnGl (IELTS)