[外電]2005-06 Season Review - Jumaine Jones

看板Hornets作者 (瓜拉瓜拉瓜拉瓜拉)時間18年前 (2006/05/25 18:04), 編輯推噓2(201)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Jumaine Jones knew it would take time before he figured out just what his role would be on the Bobcats in 2005-06. He also believed once he settled into that role, he would be an impact player in Charlotte. Jumaine Jones明白一件事:要知道05~06球季自己在山貓隊的角色,是要花時間的。 他也相信,一旦適應了這個角色,在山貓他將成為一個有影響力的球員。 He was right, as he finished the Bobcats second season as one of the team's leading three-point shooters and became a fixture in a somewhat shaky Bobcats starting lineup the second half of the season. 他是對的。在這個球季,他是山貓主要的三分射手之一,並且在一個從季中就很不 穩定的先發名單裡,長期擔任重要角色。 Jones finished the season as Charlotte's sixth-leading scorer, averaging a career-high 10.5 points and connecting on a team-high 115 treys, while shooting 34.3 percent from beyond the arc. Showing he wasn't just a scorer, Jones also finished tied with Melvin Ely for fourth on the team with an average of 4.9 rebounds. Jones在這季是隊上平均得分第六高的,每場可得10.5分也是他的生涯新高。他以三成四三 的命中率投進了全隊最多的115顆三分球。此外,他不僅是一個得分者,和Melvin Ely一樣 ,Jones每場可抓下4.9籃板,在山貓隊中並列第四高。 “This was the vision that we had (when the Bobcats acquired Jones in a trade with the Los Angeles Lakers on October 26),”Bobcats General Manager & Head Coach Bernie Bickerstaff said.“This was the contrast that we thought he brought, where a guy comes in the game and makes open shots. This team needed that, and that was the reason for the acquisition of Jones.” 「這是我們的眼光(山貓在十月26日和湖人的交易中得到了Jones),」山貓的GM兼 總教練畢胖說,「我們認為他來了之後球隊有了很大的差異,他是一個能在比賽中 找到空檔出手的傢伙。這是隊上所需要的,這也是我們找來Jones的原因。」 After obtaining Jones in exchange for a future second-round draft pick on the day of Charlotte's final preseason game against Indiana, it was difficult at first for Bobcats fans to share in Bickerstaff's vision of what Jones might bring to the table. 最後一場熱身賽對上溜馬之後,山貓以第二輪選秀權換來了Jones。對球迷來說畢胖的 眼光讓人很難理解——Jones能在板凳上提供怎樣的力量? Through his first 34 games of the season, Jones averaged 6.9 points and 4.0 rebounds while shooting .322 from the field, .393 from three-point range and .615 from the free throw line as he struggled to find his role in the Bobcats offense. 在05~06球季打了34場球賽之後,Jones每場可得6.9分、4籃板,投籃命中率三成二二, 三分球命中率三成九三,罰球命中率六成一五。他無法找到自己在山貓進攻方面的角 色定位。 But everything changed when Gerald Wallace suffered a left medial tibia bone bruise on January 20 in a 104-93 loss to Orlando at Charlotte Bobcats Arena. 但一月20日在山貓主場迎戰魔術,最後以93—104輸球的比賽中,G蛙左脛骨受傷改變了 一切。 With Wallace out of the lineup, Bickerstaff turned to Jones the next night in Milwaukee, and he responded with 18 points and eight rebounds in just his second start of the season. 隨著G蛙離開出賽名單,第二天晚上在密爾瓦基的比賽中,畢胖把希望放在Jones身上。 Jones這場比賽得到18分8籃板,這是他本季第二次先發。 It was a role Jones found himself comfortable in as he started 15 straight games in Wallace’s absence. He made such an impression on Bickerstaff that when Wallace returned from his injury, Jones stayed in the starting five next to“G-Force,”with Wallace taking on the power forward role and Jones staying at the three. G蛙的缺席使得Jones連續15場擔任先發,他找到了自己的角色並感到自在。這給畢胖留 下深刻的印象。在G蛙歸隊後,Jones和G蛙同時先發,G蛙打大前鋒,Jones則打小前鋒。 Jones fit well as a starter and increased his averages to 13.5 points and 5.7 rebounds on .410 shooting from the field, .351 shooting from long range and .780 shooting from the line. He started 41 of Charlotte's final 42 games while helping lead the Bobcats to a 15-27 record in those contests, including a franchise-best four-game winning streak to close the season. Jones很適應於擔任先發,在各方面也有了成長,平均每場可得13.5分,5.7個籃板,四成 一的投籃及三成五一的三分球命中率,罰球也有七成八的命中率。在山貓剩下的42比賽 中他有41場先發,並幫助山貓拿下15勝27敗的成績,包括最後四場比賽的四連勝。 “I think I ended up right where people expected me to be,” Jones said. “I started out pretty slow coming in and trying to adjust to everything. But once I got in, got to know my teammates and got to know what Bernie wanted me to do, I think I accomplished everything they wanted out of me.” 「我認為自己對於球迷的期望有個好的交代,」Jones說,「我很慢才進入狀況,並嘗試 任何的調整。但,一旦我熟悉了我的隊友並瞭解教練希望我做哪些事,我認為自己可以 達到他們的期待。」 As the second-most tenured veteran on the Bobcats roster -- he was in his seventh season, second only to Brevin Knight’s nine years in the league -- Jones also became a veteran who players could look to in Charlotte's locker room. 這是他在聯盟的第七個球季,也是山貓球員中資歷第二高的,僅次於在聯盟九年的 Knight。Jones也成為了在山貓的更衣室中,能讓球員們看齊的老將。 “I think it definitely helps to have a veteran presence like myself in the locker room,” Jones said.“When I first came into the league I had a lot of veterans around me in Philadelphia. I just wanted to be that guy that I needed when I was a rookie. I needed veteran guys to let me know how everything worked.You need those kinds of veteran guys to lead you on and show you the ropes.” 「我認為一個像我一樣的老將的存在是很有幫助的,」Jones說道,「當我第一次加入這 個聯盟在費城七六人隊時,有很多經驗豐富的球員在我身旁。當我是個新人時,我想和 他們一樣。我需要他們來讓我知道每件事是如何運作的。你會需要他們來帶著你、指引 你。」 As a seasoned veteran, Jones was impressed with the work ethic he saw in Charlotte during his first go-round with the Bobcats. 身為隊上資歷第二高的球員,他對於夏洛特山貓的職業道德感到印象深刻。 “I definitely liked the effort that we gave this season,” he said. “We were out with a whole lot of injuries,but I feel like overall we grew as a team with the guys that were healthy. We weren't able to get everyone to play together for the whole season; guys were in and out. But I definitely feel that we have a bright group of guys right here -- guys that are going to come in and work hard every day and go out and give a good effort each night. 「我很喜歡我們這個球季的努力付出,」他說,「雖然我們被受傷所困擾,但仍有健康的 球員,我覺得大致上我們成長為一個隊伍。我們沒辦法大夥兒一起打完整個球季,大家總 是進進出出(譯者按:大概是指不斷有人進出傷兵名單吧),但我真的覺得,我們有著一 群前途光明的球員們,他們每天都非常努力、每晚都盡力表現。」 “I love the guys here. I’ve never been on a team where I feel like every night that every guy is going to give 100 percent whether they're on the court giving a good effort or on the bench cheering.” 「我喜歡這裡的球員們。之前我從來沒有待過一支這樣的球隊,每一個晚上,無論是在 球場上比賽還是在場邊喝采,每個人都是卯足了全勁在努力!」 ---- 標黃色的地方我不太會翻,希望各位指正,也謝謝HardER板主的幫忙! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 134.208.40.240

05/25 20:29, , 1F
推~
05/25 20:29, 1F

05/25 22:20, , 2F
黃色那里是說他以34.3%的命中率投中115顆三分球
05/25 22:20, 2F

05/25 22:31, , 3F
XD 完全搞錯了~我去改
05/25 22:31, 3F
※ 編輯: chunlai 來自: 134.208.40.240 (05/26 13:29)
文章代碼(AID): #14TO4-lN (Hornets)