[新聞] Henin 'is best of her generation'

看板Henin作者 (good to know u,justine)時間16年前 (2008/05/15 10:47), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/7401565.stm BBC的新聞,有一些其它選手對juju突然退役的談話 Billie-Jean King 還有大小威 伊萬 最後是Roger Roger顯然對於她突然退休滿錯愕的,表示無法想像從世界第一直接退休 還有提到還沒贏溫網這件事><" 我其實比較想知道庫子娃的反應 (是因為她之前會放音樂給juju聽的關係嗎? 哈哈) JJ不知道會不會很怨念,去年一串連敗都還沒機會反撲就被juju退休了@.@ Henin won 41 singles titles, including seven Grand Slams, before calling time on her glittering career at the age of just 25 on Wednesday. "Pound-for-pound, Justine was the best player of her generation," said King. Serena Williams, one of Henin's main rivals, added: "She was a great champion and gave me so much trouble." Serena's sister Venus praised Henin's character and refusal to accept defeat. "She was a great opponent and a real fighter," she said. "She always challenged herself to play her best tennis, no matter what the circumstances. "I don't know what the details are but if she made that decision it's probably the best decision for her. My prayers are with her and I hope that she continues to lead the life that's best for her." Henin's coach Carlos Rodriguez said tennis fans would remember the diminutive Belgian for the way she conducted herself as much as for her triumphs on court. "Technically and tactically she has it all. But I think she will be remembered for the way in which she won and lost and the way she never gave up no matter what was going on in her life," said Rodriguez. "She never craved fame and money. All she wanted to do was play and win." King agreed with Rodriguez's assessment of Henin's contribution as an ambassador for the sport. "I trust she has not come to this decision quickly or easily and I wish her the very best," added King. "Justine is an extraordinary player, a special person and a true champion in both tennis and in life." World number three Ana Ivanovic, who lost to Henin in the final of last year's French Open, said the diminutive star brought a style of her own to the sport. "Tennis loses another champion, she was a great player and she achieved so much," said Ivanovic. "She brought a lot to the women's game. "Justine had a completely different game to any other girl on the tour probably. She worked really hard and last year she had some amazing results. I'm sorry to hear this." Henin is the first woman to walk away from the sport while top of the rankings, while her remarkable 10 titles from 2007 are still fresh in the memory. But one title which did elude Henin was Wimbledon and the announcement of her retirement came just two weeks before she was due to defend her French Open crown in Paris. And the men's world number one Roger Federer admitted he was surprised at the timing of the announcement. "It's obviously a shock for the tennis world," said Federer. "It's a particular surprise before Roland Garros and Wimbledon, which she's never won. "It's quite surprising and unfortunate that she's out of the game but she will have her reasons. "She is a special player because she can play on any surface and it's remarkable that she's won so many tournaments because she is small and the tall players coming in now have an advantage. "I couldn't imagine deciding out of the blue to retire, especially if I was number one. "I would prefer to take a year off if it was all getting too much for me, rather than saying straight out that I'm not going to go on." -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.62.109.129
文章代碼(AID): #18AwHR_q (Henin)