[Blog] Guard hopefuls impress Hawks

看板Hawks作者 (神遊物外)時間18年前 (2006/06/23 08:48), 編輯推噓3(302)
留言5則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Guard hopefuls impress Hawks By Sekou Smith | Monday, June 19, 2006, 11:17 PM The Atlanta Journal-Constitution I may not be in Atlanta but that doesn’t mean I’m not in the mix of the pre-draft workouts that are going on. And one of my spies was in the gym today and relayed some of the goings on. All three guards who were in town this morning - Marcus Williams, Rajon Rondo and Randy Foye - were reportedly impressive. In fact, my spy went on to say that all three were “extremely” impressive. The funny thing, he said, is that all three are so dramatically different that having them in a combined workout actually accentuated each of their finer qualities. Marcus Williams shot the ball well and showed off what the Hawks had already seen on film, he’s a straight line PG in the “Jason Kidd” mold in terms of he doesn’t beat you with a bunch of fancy tricks. He’s great on the screen and roll and he’s going to make the other guys around him flourish because he’s such a good up the floor passer (meaning he knows how to find guys on the break and can turn the corner in the halfcourt and either get a shot or create one for someone else). As we all have read or heard before, his measurables aren’t what jump out at you. But his savvy and natural PG abilities are what set him apart. Rajon Rondo was probably even more impressive than initially expected. He was a “terror” in the defensive drills and a guy that those who observed the workout believe can someday be an All-Defensive type of player. He’ was certainly the athlete he’s been advertised to be and is a physical specimen, perhaps without peer at his position in this draft. While his shot (the form) is in need of some tweaking, there’s nothing else in his repertoire that needs major work. According to my spy, he left everyone thinking that the unquestioned two best point guard prospects in this draft were on the floor Monday morning. Randy Foye showed off his physical prowess in the workout and reportedly shot the ball well from deep. The most interesting comparison made of him was “a taller Ben Gordon,” thus ending the foolishness of him being compared to Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade. No offense to Foye, but after watching Wade in person for the Eastern Conference finals and now the NBA Finals, he’s one of those guys that is in a league of his own right now. Back to Foye. My spy tells me that he didn’t appear to have a PGs mentality or specified skill set, but he’s certainly a talent and a guy that can come in and contribute immediately, which is what any team trying to make the playoffs needs. Again, the interesting thing is that because of their distinctly different strengths, the workout was less about these guys going at each other and more about the Hawks getting an extensive look at a group of players that could come into play were the Hawks to entertain offers to move out of the No. 5 spot next week and down the draft board. Stay tuned. 資料來源 http://myurl.com.tw/il9q -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.230.34.36

06/23 08:52, , 1F
workouts 還是看過的才準啊。
06/23 08:52, 1F

06/23 16:52, , 2F
...爵士都沒消息....自己關起門來測...
06/23 16:52, 2F

06/23 17:42, , 3F
比我們還低調??見鬼了。
06/23 17:42, 3F

06/23 18:32, , 4F
只有名單. 沒有評論.
06/23 18:32, 4F