[NBA.COM] Josh Childress Chat

看板Hawks作者 (Cola)時間20年前 (2004/07/01 03:06), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
這個板很靜啊~(汗) The below passage is from http://www.nba.com/hawks/chat/josh_childress_chat_062904.html Josh Childress Chat The Atlanta Hawks selected Josh Childress in the first round (sixth overall) of Thursday's NBA Draft, and the versatile swingman joined nba.com and hawks.com for a chat session on Tuesday, June 29. The first-ever Stanford player named Pac-10 Player of the Year, Childress also earned First Team All-America honors by the Associated Press, Sports Illustrated, Basketball Times, NABC and FoxSports.com. In 2003-04, Childress averaged 15.7 points, 7.5 rebounds (fifth in the conference), and led the Cardinal (ranking third in the Pac-10) in blocked shots. He scored in double figures in 22 of 23 games, and was named MVP of the Pac-10 Tournament, helping lead Stanford to an outstanding 30-2 mark. "We're very pleased and excited to have Josh Childress," said Hawks General Manager Billy Knight said on draft night. "We think he'll be a good part of our foundation, a good part of our future. He adds to the athleticism of our team, the energy of our team, the perimeter shooting and the ball-handling of our team. He'll help us on and off the court." At Stanford, Childress volunteered with the Young Black Scholars, a mentoring and tutoring student group that also performed community service projects. The athletic Childress was an All-League volleyball player at Mayfair High School in Lakewood, Calif. If you missed it, here is the transcript! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Marty (Cincy): What NBA player/players have you patterned your game after? Josh Childress: I've patterned my game after many different NBA players. I think that I need to take bits and pieces from people's games and implement them into mine. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Natosha(Norfolk, Va.): Hey, Josh. I just want to, first, congratulate you on being one of the top 10 draft picks on last Thursday. I'm sure that hearing your name called was dream come true. How do you feel that your style of play will help the Atlanta Hawks? How will you compliment the team and vice versa? Josh Childress: I feel I can help the team by bringing an all-around type of game. I like to score, rebound, defend and do all the little things necessary to win. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- James, London, Ontario: Hey Josh, I like your jumper, think it's really smooth off the dribble. Are there any drills you can recommend? Josh Childress: Just shoot. Make sure when you practice, go at game speed, so when you're in the game, it seems natural. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Kevin, Pittsburgh: Josh, did you ever get to hang out with Tiger Woods while you were at Stanford? It seems like he was a big fan of the hoops program. Josh Childress: I actually only got to meet him once, which was when he came to the game against Arizona. He is a very big fan of the Cardinal hoops team, and I hope to get a chance to meet him again. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Mike-Tuscaloosa, Ala.: I know that you will play the No. 2 guard slot and I hope that your game will be similiar to that of Rip Hamilton's! Is it your intentions to bring that kind of non-stop energy to both sides of the court and really develop your jumper off of screens/pick and rolls as well as catch and shoots! Josh Childress: I will definitely try to emulate what Richard Hamilton has accomplished in the NBA. His energy and intensity is something I hope to bring to the Hawks. But I also hope to put up bigger rebounding numbers. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- j.king (Snellville, Ga.) : josh - how would you decribe where you grew up and since you are a California kid how do you feel about coming to the South? Josh Childress: I am from California, but I have Southern ties. My Mom was born and raised in the South, and I've lived in Arkansas and Tennessee for four years of my life. I'm very excited to come to Atlanta, and I hope that I, with my teammates, can bring some basketball excitement to the city. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sam S. , Atlanta: What made you pick number No. 22 for your jersey? And was it hard for you that Stephen Jackson took your number No. 1? Josh Childress: Ha-ha. I wore No. 22 all my life. The only time I wore No. 1 was at Stanford. So, I had both numbers as my top two choices, and I'm happy to get one of the two. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Monica (College Park): Josh, love the fro, and on behalf of the ladies here in the ATL, are you taken? Josh Childress: I am single. I don't know what else to say (laughing). I'm looking forward to meeting new people and making my home in Atlanta. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jerome (PA): I am a huge fan of yours and of the Cardinal. It's been pretty hard trying to follow Stanford while living on the East Coast, but I've worked hard at doing so :) . How hard was the decision for you to leave school early when your team has a great chance of winning a national title in 2005? How long did you think about the decision? Did that final game have anything to do with it or did the lose actually make you wat to stay? Good luck in the NBA! Josh Childress: It was a very difficult decision to make. But I felt like I had to do what was best for me. I went into the process a little hesitent, but the feedback I got from general managers assured me that I should make the jump. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Max (Ca): What will it be like facing your old coach Mike Montgomery in the upcoming season? Josh Childress: I think it will be real fun. I've spoken with him and some of our coaches who went with him and we were all talking trash to each other. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Bremerton: Hi, Mr. Childress. Who are you most looking forward to compete against in the NBA? Josh Childress: Kobe Bryant. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Spener (Nanaimo): Yo, Josh, How do you feel about playing with one of the best PGs in the league in Jason Terry? Josh Childress: I'm very excited. I think he's a great player and he has great leadership capabilities and most importantly, he's a winner. I'm looking forward to playing with someone of his talents. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Arie (Atlanta): Hey Josh...I'm very happy that you're the newest Hawk! Is there is a player, past or present, that you would best compare your game to? Also, who were some of your favorite players growing up? Thanks and best of luck in the upcoming season. Josh Childress: There's no one player I compare myself to. Growing up, I was always a big Scottie Pippen fan. I felt like he was a great all-around player, and that's what I want to be. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- donny (passaic): Many mock drafts had you going somewhere between low lottery and midround pick. Were you suprised how high you ended up being drafted? Josh Childress: No. Coming into the draft, I was informed by the people with the NBA that I would be a top 10 pick. It was a matter of me going out and proving to teams that I was deserving of being a top pick. Josh Childress: I want to thank all the fans. I'm looking forward to the upcoming season, and the rebirth of the Altanta Hawks -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 203.218.43.185
文章代碼(AID): #10umybTv (Hawks)