[外電] Team snags Ohio State point guard st …

看板Grizzlies作者 ( )時間17年前 (2007/06/29 21:43), 編輯推噓7(701)
留言8則, 7人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Team snags Ohio State point guard standout Conley By Marlon W. Morgan Contact June 29, 2007   NEW YORK -- Just like you would want a point guard to be, Mike Conley Jr., sat calmly in his chair as the Atlanta Hawks' allotted time to make their pick approached the two-minute mark during Thursday night's NBA Draft. Meanwhile, Al Horford, a 6-10 forward from Florida appeared nervous, taking a couple of deep sighs. As the clock wound down, Horford began gulping his bottled water. Conley remained composed. 當老鷹隊的選秀時間只剩兩分鐘時,Mike Conley Jr.很冷靜的坐在椅子上。 同時,佛大的6呎10吋的前鋒Al Horford顯得緊張起來,並長嘆了幾聲。隨著時間慢慢 縮短,Horford開始喝水解壓,Conley依舊很鎮靜。 Conley was even more at ease when the Hawks made Horford the No. 3 pick. He pretty much knew at that point he was going to Memphis to be a Grizzly. When commissioner David Stern made it official, Conley was all smiles. "I knew Memphis was serious, even the first time that I went there,'' Conley said. ''I was just hoping that everything would work out the way it did. I had no idea what Atlanta was going to do. I'm definitely pleased with the decision and I'm looking forward to getting down there.'' 當老鷹隊決定選擇Horford時,Conley甚至比之前更冷靜。因為他知道他有可能要當 一個灰熊人了。當總裁David Stern對大家宣布這件事成真時,Conley的臉上滿是笑容。 "我知道灰熊隊很誠懇,我第一次去測試時就知道了。""我只是希望每件事都能成真, 我不知道老鷹隊的用意,我很開心灰熊選我並且我很期待馬上去曼菲斯" Conley was taken three spots after his best friend, high school and Ohio State teammate Greg Oden, who was the top pick selected by Portland. For the first time in their lives, the two will no longer be teammates. Conley比他的好朋友以及高中、大學隊友的Greg Oden晚了三個順位被選到,Oden被波特 蘭在第一順位選走。人生中的第一次,他們將會在球場上互相競爭。 While Oden was viewed as a can't miss 7-footer, Conley had plenty of naysayers who questioned whether he could shoot well enough to play in the NBA, or whether he was big enough at 6-1, 180 pounds. But his father and agent, Mike Conley, Sr., said those concerns were nothing new. 當Oden被大家認為是不容錯過的七呎長人時,Conley被懷疑他的投籃是否好到可以 在NBA生存、或者是有關他的單薄體型能否接受碰撞。但是他的經紀人父親、 Mike Conley, Sr.卻說那些評論永遠都是這樣。 "When he got in high school, the high school coach said there's a chance he can play but he's kind of small,'' Conley Sr., said. ''Obviously, he had a great high school career. When he got to college, the same thing. One of the ESPN announcers said he'd never make it as a college basketball player. Before it's over, he's touted as the best in college. Now he's going to the pros and they say he needs to shoot better. I think he's going to do that. Conley的老爸對大家說:"當他進高中時,他的高中教練說有機會可以讓他發揮,可是體 型有點矮小…""但是大家都知道,他有一個很好的高中生涯,當他進入大學之後,質疑 還是這些。""有個ESPN的觀察員說他根本不像大學球員。在那之後,他變成了大學的頂 尖球員,現在他要變成一位職業球員,大家說他必須要加強投籃,我想他可以做到。" "I know all the hard work that he's done and all the naysayers that said he's too small and this and that. At every level, he's overcome it. His record speaks for itself. One thing I like about Memphis more than all the teams is that they understand that. They understand what Michael can do for a basketball team and that excites me. There's a coach there that's going to use his talents and I think that's going to be good for Memphis and I think it's going to be good for Michael.'' "我知道他所做過的所有訓練跟對他體型的批評,每個層級的困難他都會克服。他的 數據為他自己做了最好的辯護。在各隊中我最喜歡灰熊隊的一點是他們知道Conley會 克服那些困難。他們了解Conley在隊上能發揮的功效。灰熊隊的教練會激發Conley的 潛能且讓灰熊更好,並且我覺得那也是一個對Conley很好的環境。" With the Grizzlies, Conley joins last year's first-round pick Kyle Lowry and veteran Damon Stoudamire as the team's point guards. He's looking forward to competing with both for a starting job this season under new coach Marc Iavaroni. He's also looking to get used to playing with his new big man, Pau Gasol. 成為灰熊隊的一員之後,Conley加入了隊上先發控衛爭奪戰中,他的對手分別是去年的第 一輪選秀Kyle Lowry以及老將Damon Stoudamire。Conley很期待在Marc Iavaroni的系統 下跟他們競爭。他也很期待去習慣一個新的大個,Pau Gasol。 "I like the situation a lot just because they're young,'' Conley said. ''They don't have too many veterans on the team to try to make you feel you're that much younger than them. Rudy Gay and a lot of the rookies from last year, a lot of guys that I can really get familiar with because they're around my same age. I think the transition will be a lot easier because of that.'' "我很喜歡隊上都是年輕人的情況。"Conley說。"隊上沒有太多老將會讓你覺得你還很 嫩。Gay跟很多人都是去年的新秀,我想年紀相差不多會很快讓我跟他們培養起默契,這 些原因會讓我更快融入隊上。" While Conley has his detractors, one thing no one can question is his ability to win. Conley led Lawrence North High School in Indianapolis to three straight high school championships and a 103-7 record in four seasons. As a freshman last year, he led the Buckeyes to the national championship game, starting all 39 games. 雖然對Conley有很多批評,但有一件事是從來沒有被質疑過的—就是他贏球的能力。 Colney帶領Lawrence North高中在印州連續拿下三年州冠軍,並且在四年內留下103勝 7敗的戰績。而去年的新鮮人球季,他帶領Buckeyes打進總冠軍戰,並且先發了整個 球季。 He averaged 11.3 points and 6.1 assists at Ohio State. His stock rose significantly during the NCAA Tournament when he averaged 16 points, 4.8 assists and five rebounds as Oden spent a lot of time in foul trouble. 他在Ohio State大學留下每場11.3分、6.1次助攻的成績。當他在 NCAA錦標賽中把數據 提升到16分、4.8次助功時,他的評價水漲船高。更別說當Oden大多數時間都陷入犯規 麻煩時,他還可以每場抓5個籃板。 "He came to me in between the Final Four game and the championship game and said, 'Dad, my cousin is saying to me I've got a chance to be in the lottery. What is he talking about?' I said, 'Son, don't worry about it. We'll talk about it after the game.' He was oblivious to it.'' "他在Final Four跟總冠軍戰中間的休息日來找我:爸,堂哥剛剛跟我說我有機會會在 樂透區被選走,他是認真的?" 我對他說別煩惱那些事,我們賽後再來談,他對那些總 是不太在乎。 It's still taken Conley some time getting used to the fact that just a year ago he was preparing to head to Ohio State as a player many fans had never heard of. Now he has a shot at being a starting point guard in the NBA. Conley還是花了一些時間去接受這些事實:去年默默無聞的他正準備帶領Ohio State 邁向高峰。現在他卻有機會在NBA的球場上當先發控衛。 "It's been a whirlwind,'' Conley said. "I had no idea a year ago I'd be in this position at all. I had planned on staying in college as long as I could and trying to get a degree. "一切來的太快。"Conley說。"一年前我沒想過我有這個機會。我甚至計畫要在大學待久 一點並且拿到一個學位。" "The way that last year went and the things that happened, I was just so grateful and blessed to be in this situation. I'm happy right now that I worked this hard to get here and I'm happy with where I'm going.'' "我很感激去年所經歷過的以及所發生過的,並且我當時祈禱能有這種機會進來NBA。 現在我知道所做過的訓練都沒白費,並且我很開心我將效力的球隊。" Conley, 19, won't be alone in his new career. His mom, Rene, grew up in West Helena, Ark., and still has family there. His sister, Cassandra Blake, lives in Memphis. 19歲的Conley在他新的生涯中不會孤軍奮戰。他母親Rene在West Helena, Ark長大並且 在那邊還有他的親戚。他姐姐Cassandra Blake也住在曼菲斯。 His cousin, Edmond Blake, a senior marketing major at the University of Memphis, was already planning to move in with Conley wherever he wound up. 他那在曼菲斯大學主修市場學的堂哥Edmond Blake也計畫要開始為Conley工作。 "I told him I'm already in Memphis,'' Blake said. "我跟他說我已經在Memphis準備好了。"Blake說 Conley Sr., said the family had long been contemplating a move to Arkansas. Conley的老爸說整個家族之前思考搬去Arkansas很久了。 Those discussions could heat up now. 而現在,他們的問題現在又可以再拿出討論了。 考完了沒事做 找了篇外電來翻譯 希望大家能給些建議 因為我覺得我翻的不是很好 Go Grizzlies!!!!!!!!!!! -- ╭══ Fear is the heart of love═══╮ ██◣◢██ ◢ ███████◣ █◣◢█◣◢█ ████████▋█ █ █ ║◥█◥◤█◤ ◢◤ ◥ ◤◥█◤ █◤◢█▅ █ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 210.240.176.170

06/30 00:13, , 1F
大推!!!
06/30 00:13, 1F

06/30 00:22, , 2F
進來了就加油吧~
06/30 00:22, 2F
※ 編輯: Moto21 來自: 210.240.176.170 (06/30 00:30)

06/30 02:02, , 3F
推XD
06/30 02:02, 3F

06/30 19:46, , 4F
原po要對自己有信心!!嘿嘿!!翻的不錯!!
06/30 19:46, 4F

07/01 17:54, , 5F
老實說Conley不錯,但是連續三年冠軍以及過100勝
07/01 17:54, 5F

07/01 17:55, , 6F
我想oden還是佔了大部分的功勞
07/01 17:55, 6F