[外電]灰熊快樂的迎接一位大人物

看板Grizzlies作者 (大頭)時間18年前 (2006/07/03 07:16), 編輯推噓4(400)
留言4則, 4人參與, 最新討論串1/1
原文http://0rz.net/9a1zQ New team member has tools to become All-Star 新隊友有機會成為全明星球員 About this much, everyone seems in agreement 每個人都同意進行這筆交易 The Grizzlies' trade -- Shane Battier to the Houston Rockets for No. 8 p ick Rudy Gay and Stromile Swift -- was about giving up the present you d o know for a future that might develop into so much more. 灰熊將Battier交易到休士頓,換來了今年選秀第八順位的Rudy Gay以及老同學Swift 這筆交易就像是放棄你現有的好球員,換來一個更有潛力,未來發展更好的新秀 In Memphis, this has meant balancing the loss of Citizen Shane with the gain of a potential NBA All-Star in Gay, who played two years at UConn a nd was even talked about as the potential No. 1 pick in this draft. In Houston, fans who were disappointed with the Rockets' long and hard f all last season wonder what they've lost tomorrow -- even as there's no questioning that they received a solid player for today in the five-year veteran swingman that is Battier. 灰熊得到有資質成為全明星的Rudy Gay以平衡失去Battier的損失 Rudy Gay在康大打了兩年球,選秀前被視為今年最有潛力的新人 反觀火箭,球迷們對於他們上一個失敗的球季感到失望 但毫無疑問的,火箭剛得到一個經驗豐富的搖擺人,也就是Battier So, in the end, maybe it's just about the timing: the right deal for the right team at the right time. As Rockets All-Star Tracy McGrady said in the aftermath: "I think Rudy's going to be a pretty good player. But wh at we need right now, this season, is Shane Battier." 或許火箭只是想在對的時間做對的事 火箭隊的全明星球員Tracy McGrady發表他對於這筆交易的看法 "我認為Rudy Gay會變成一名非常棒的球員,但是我們現在需要的,是Battier" Without a doubt, Gay and Battier bring different things to the court. Ga y, a 6-9, 220-pound forward, enters the NBA with half the college experi ence Battier had and, dare we say, twice the leaping ability. Rudy Gay和Battier明顯的是兩名風格迥異的球員 Rudy Gay只在大學打了兩年球,身高6呎9吋,體重220磅,主打前鋒 但Battier大學打滿四年而且,但講誇張一點,Rudy的跳躍力是Battier的兩倍 And yet there are similarities, too. Gay's agent, Lance Young of Octagon , also represents NBA Rookie of the Year Chris Paul of the New Orleans/O klahoma City Hornets; Paul also could have won an award for Classiest Ne wcomer to the league. 也有一些相似之處,Rudy的經紀人Lance Young也是Chris Paul的經紀人 而Paul有機會贏得聯盟的最佳新人(這裡的主辭似乎打錯了?應該是講Rudy Gay才對) "Once I knew Rudy and Chris were friends, I knew Rudy was a good guy," s aid Young. "一但知道Rudy Gay和Chris Paul是好朋友,我就知道Rudy是個很棒的傢伙"Young說 Yes, that's agent talk and an agent's opinion is only slightly more bias ed than a mother's. But everything Young says about Gay sounds like an e cho of everything said about Gay during his college career and heading i nto the draft. 那就是他的經紀人所作的評論,而經紀人對自己球員的了解幾乎就像球員的老媽一樣 而Young之前就不斷提到Rudy Gay的好直到選秀 Those who are displeased that the Grizzlies lost their so-called "face o f the franchise" in this trade, should be pleased when they get their fi rst good look at Rudy Carlton Gay Jr. 那些正在對灰熊失去Battier感到失望的人,應該會很高興Rudy的加入 "He's got the million-dollar smile," Young said. "He's as humble and per sonable a kid as I've ever met. He wants to be a face of a franchise." "他有迷人的微笑" Young說,"他是如此謙虛,而且有風度,他想成為一個代表性的人物" This franchise. True, the developments on draft night -- being selected later than he an ticipated, and then being traded -- stunned Gay. 選秀順位比他預期的低,而且馬上遭到交易的確嚇壞了Rudy But in a telephone interview Friday, he said he was past all that. 但在稍後的電話訪問,Rudy表示他已經能夠釋懷 "I'm ready to get started," he said. "我準備好要迎接NBA了"他說 If his track record means anything, Gay will not hit town with a spoken request or unspoken desire for the Grizzlies to throw him the darn ball. Remember, he was one of four guys from UConn taken in this draft's firs t round. 如果選秀順位代表一切,Rudy不會受到曼菲斯的熱烈歡迎 他可是康大四名第一輪新秀的其中之一 So he's used to sharing. Gay, who turns 20 in August, averaged 15.2 poin ts last season as a sophomore and on a less talented team he easily coul d have scored more than 20 per game. The Sporting News named him its Nat ional Freshman of the Year when he averaged 11.8 points for UConn. 所以他已經習慣去分享,Rudy八月就要滿二十歲了 大二那年,也就是去年他平均每場得15.2分,但他的資質能輕易的得到20分以上 他大一每場平均得分11.8分,Sporting News將他譽為全美最棒的新人球員 "All the guys were just coming off the (2004) national championship," Ga y said, referring to his freshman season. "Me, I was just coming in to p lay my role." "隊上的所有人都想著贏得2004年的全國冠軍"Rudy說,當時他只是個大一新鮮人 "而我只想做好我的本分" While people have raved about his athleticism and also seem to respect h is skill as a shooter (37.8 percent from 3-point range at UConn), he arr ives with the knock of being a guy who's not assertive enough. 當人們推崇他熱愛運動的程度,也敬佩他三分長射的能力時 他突然被形容為一名不夠果斷的球員 His harshest critics might even suggest that his "unselfishness" interse cts with passivity and, in tandem, holds him down. 他被批評過度的不自私,而且被動,這些言論對他是很大的傷害 "I'm happy with my season," he said of his sophomore year. "People are g oing to have their opinions." "我對今年(大二)的表現很滿意,但別人也可以有他們自己的看法"他說 On draft night, when seven teams said no to him, the Hartford Courant re ported that Gay said, "I'm going to make every one of those teams that p assed on me pay." 對於選秀會上前七順位都沒有指名他,Rudy被報導他說他會讓那些球隊付出代價 He said Friday that comment was accurate. 他在星期五晚上證實他有說過這句話 "Yeah," he said, "that's my intention." "沒錯,這就是我的意思"他說 Young said Gay comes to the Grizzlies with high, but realistic, expectat ions. Young說Rudy對於加入灰熊感到興奮,也充滿期待 "The best thing is they've got Pau Gasol," Young said. "Rudy's not going to need to be the first option. But his goal is to win Rookie of the Ye ar and to make the playoffs." "最棒的是他們有Gasol" Young說"Rudy不用一肩扛起所有責任" "但他的目標是贏得最佳新人,並且幫助球隊打入季後賽" There's another goal, too: starting to become a, if not necessarily the, face of the franchise. 還有另外一個目標,但不一定需要達成的目標,就是成為灰熊的代表人物 "I plan on coming in and being a role model for kids and being active in the community," said Gay. "I'd do that even if I wasn't following Batti er." "我想成為小孩模仿的對象,被大家談論"Rudy說 "就算我不是遵循著Battier的行為,我還是會這麼作" But since he is following Battier, here's a little personal information about this new resident of Memphis: 而這裡也有一些這位曼菲斯新居民的小資訊 He likes variety in both his music and his barbecue. 他喜歡各種音樂和烤肉 "I listen to a little bit of everything," he said. "Rap, R & B, and pop. Barbecue? I like ribs, chicken, really anything from the grill." "我每種音樂都聽一點"他說,"無論是Rap, R & B, 還是流行音樂" "至於烤肉?我喜歡肋排,雞肉,或所有在烤盤上的東西" Ask him if he's anticipating the first meeting with Houston and a chance to turn the heat up on the Rockets, and he laughs for several seconds - - time enough to carefully consider his answer. 問他原本是否期待加入火箭,他笑了一下,這段時間足以讓他思索他的回答 "I'm looking forward to playing everybody," he finally said, showing the kind of diplomacy that would make Battier himself proud. "無論是什麼人我都期待跟他們一起打球"他說 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 218.171.165.152

07/03 09:27, , 1F
外電老大重新復出阿XD 推一個 別了~鄉巴
07/03 09:27, 1F

07/03 14:11, , 2F
指考完大家都出現了XD
07/03 14:11, 2F

07/03 23:56, , 3F
推外電 感謝XD
07/03 23:56, 3F

07/07 00:42, , 4F
leaping ability是跳躍力不是領導能力...
07/07 00:42, 4F
感謝指正!看太快,出大紕漏了@@ ※ 編輯: viva4841 來自: 218.171.166.220 (07/07 09:07)
文章代碼(AID): #14g5FYFf (Grizzlies)