[News]Pippen ponders joining Grizzlies

看板Grizzlies作者 (LARUKU IS BACK !!)時間21年前 (2003/07/17 21:48), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Pippen ponders joining Grizzlies http://www.gomemphis.com/mca/grizzlies/article/0,1426,MCA_475_2115060,00.html By Ronald Tillery tillery@gomemphis.com July 17, 2003 Free-agent forward Scottie Pippen said Wednesday his meeting with Grizzlies majority owner Michael Heisley went well, and he's seriously considering Memphis as his final stop. Pippen, 37, is an unrestricted free agent who played for Portland last season. He is mulling a proposal to join the Griz, who can offer no more than their $4.9 million mid-level exception. Heisley met with Pippen and his Memphis-based representative, Brian Parker, Tuesday over lunch in Chicago. The discussions centered on Pippen playing at least next season with the Grizzlies. Although salary-cap rules prohibit the Grizzlies from promising ownership, there is an opportunity for Pippen to maintain a relationship with the team past retirement. Pippen has expressed a desire to extend his career in a management or ownership role. Heisley, who owns 70 percent of the Grizzlies, is willing to part with up to 17 percent in minority interest. "I had a great conversation with (Heisley)," Pippen told The Commercial Appeal in a telephone conversation. "I really respect what he's trying to do in Memphis. He explained his goals, and it gave me an opportunity to hear his vision. It was a very good meeting." Heisley insisted Pippen's value could be measured by more than on-court statistics. "I've always admired Scottie. The reason I'm an owner is because of he and Michael (Jordan)," Heisley said. "They got me hooked on pro basketball. I have great respect for him. I hope he gets what he really wants. But I can tell you we're very interested. We'd love him to end his career here and be part of our organization going forward. I simply told him why I thought Memphis is a great place, and what the town had to offer." Pippen is expected to decide between Memphis, Chicago, Portland and other suitors within the next week. Pippen will continue to negotiate a deal with Griz president Jerry West, who initiated discussions. "The ball's in Scottie's court," Heisley said. "Success is obviously important to Scottie, and you don't necessarily judge success by the amount of wins a team puts up," Parker said. "At this stage in his career, Scottie wants to find a franchise he's comfortable with and believes in. "I don't think there's any question that Scottie was very impressed with Mr. Heisley's vision, his passion and his sincerity for what he's trying to accomplish in Memphis." Asked if Memphis is a serious option, Pippen (who hails from Hamburg, Ark.) left little doubt. "It is," Pippen said. "I grew up across the way. It'll give me an opportunity to be closer to my family. Having an opportunity to come back and play that close to home is great. It would be a great opportunity for me at this stage in my career." Heisley said his message to Pippen was simply that Pippen "could rest assured he'd be treated the right way in Memphis. We need somebody who can show our guys how to win." -- 靜待消息了, Pippen 可能會在下星期甚至更快決定他下一季會效力 於Blazers 、Bulls 或 Griz 三隊其中之一。但不論最後的決定為何 ,這應該都會是 Pippen 球員生涯的最後一站。 -- ╭──╮╭ ╮╭──╮╭╭──╮ ───────══════════╬ ╰──╮╟──╢╟── ║╟──╢ shela睽違兩年新專輯 ╰──╯╰ │╰──╯│╰ │ 7/24 花系列「Garden」 ────╯ ╰───┼╯ 第一本寫真「Garden」 ╬════════════════───────── 7/25 發行 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.csie.ntu.edu.tw) ◆ From: 203.67.20.14

推 210.68.145.66 07/19, , 1F
版主大大,小的請示轉此文至拓版~
推 210.68.145.66 07/19, 1F

推 210.68.232.251 07/19, , 2F
轉吧 XD
推 210.68.232.251 07/19, 2F

推 210.68.148.157 07/19, , 3F
喔,感恩啊~~
推 210.68.148.157 07/19, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #_5gaX7X (Grizzlies)