[翻譯] Chris Webber ends comeback attempt w …

看板G-S-WARRIORS作者時間16年前 (2008/03/26 14:47), 編輯推噓4(401)
留言5則, 4人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Chris Webber ends comeback attempt with Warriors and will retire OAKLAND, Calif. (AP)— Chris Webber is ending his comeback attempt with the Golden State Warriors and will retire after 15 seasons in the NBA. 天才大前鋒偉伯決定要在今年結束他十五個球季的NBA生涯 Warriors spokesman Raymond Ridder said Webber will make the announcement at a news conference Wednesday. The news was first reported Tuesday by ESPN.com. 勇士隊發言人Raymond Ridder說Webber將在星期三的記者會上發表退休。這則消息則會 被ESPN率先披露。 Webber played only nine games with the Warriors before being sidelined by a bum left knee that’s hampered him in recent years. Webber今年賽季因長久以來的膝傷只幫勇士打了九場比賽 Webber was the most prominent member of the Fab Five at Michigan and played for Golden State, Washington, Sacramento, Philadelphia and Detroit in his NBA career. Webber曾是密西根五虎的重要成員,生涯打過的球隊有勇士、巫師(前子彈)、國王、 七六人以及活塞隊 Webber and the Warriors hoped that a return to the spot he started his NBA career would help both parties. But he ended up having little impact on the Warriors after signing with the team Jan. 29. 原本Webber與勇士隊都希望今年一月二十九號所簽下的合約,可以對雙方都有幫助, 如今卻事與願違。 Slowed by the knee injuries, Webber struggled to keep up with the fast-pace Warriors and averaged only 3.9 points per game in his brief stint with the team. He had not played since March 2 because of the injured left knee and had not been around the team as of late. Webber曾試著要跟上勇士隊的跑轟的速度,並在他短暫的出賽裡,每場貢獻了3.9分。 然而,也因為他左膝的傷勢,他從三月二號就在也沒有上場比賽了。 The Warriors are in eighth-place in the Western Conference, a half-game ahead of Denver for the final playoff spot. Even if Webber had been healthy enough to return, it would have been unlikely there would have been enough time for him to work his way back into the rotation. 勇士隊目前在西區戰居第八,並在季後賽門票爭奪戰裡以半場勝差領先金塊隊。因此, 縱使Webber能健康的返回球場,勇士目前似乎也沒有足夠的時間來讓他調整以回到先發 輪值裡面。 “It would be pretty hard at this point,” coach Don Nelson said Monday. “ You have to go through the process of getting his rhythm and a few airballs. All this is really hard on a head coach because any one of those things could cost you a game.” 老尼說這是很令人難受的事情(簡短翻) Webber’s second stint with the Warriors came to a much quieter ending than his first, which ended with a feud with Nelson, a public trade demand and finally a deal to Washington. 跟第一次與老尼鬧翻被交易到華盛頓相比起來,這次平和了許多 Webber was acquired by the Warriors in a draft day trade with Orlando in 1993 after becoming just the second sophomore ever to be the top pick in the NBA draft. He won the Rookie of the Year award and made the playoffs in his only season in Golden State. Webber在1993年成了選秀狀元,也贏得了當年的新人王 But he clashed with Nelson and demanded a trade before his second season, and was eventually dealt to Washington in November 1994 for Tom Gugliotta and three first-round picks. 然而,因為他與老尼的不合,在他的第二個球季被交易到了華盛頓,換來了Tom Gugliotta與三個第一輪選秀權。 “I probably should have explained myself better, but I’m happy with the way my career turned out,” Webber said when he re-signed with the team. “I never would have got to play with Sacramento or Washington on great teams. I never would have got to play for Coach again. I forgave a long time ago. Hopefully I’ve been forgiven a long time ago, and it’s time to move on.” 我或許該釋著解釋,但我很高興我結束我球員生涯的方式,Webber當他與勇士再續前緣 的時候這麼說;我從沒想過可以待在像國王隊或是子彈隊(今巫師)這麼棒的球隊打球, 我也從沒想過會幫同一位教練打兩次球;我已經忘記那段恩怨很久了,我想我也很早就 被原諒了吧,畢竟,也該是時候往前進了。 Webber had his greatest success in Sacramento, where he helped revive the Kings and turn them into one of the league’s best teams. But they were unable to make it to the NBA Finals, losing in a seven-game series in the conference finals to the Los Angeles Lakers in 2002. Webber在國王隊有了偉大的成就,他幫助國王隊重返聯盟的強隊之林,遺憾的是, 他們卻未能打進總冠軍戰,最接近的一次是2002年他們在血戰七場後敗給了湖人。 Webber’s career began a downward slide after he underwent microfracture surgery on his knee the following year. He was dealt to Philadelphia in 2005 and spent the second half of last season in Detroit with his hometown Pistons. Webber的職業生涯在他的膝蓋動過手術後便開始走下坡了,他在2005年被交易到費城, 並在費城度過兩個球季後被交易到了他的故鄉汽車城。 Webber was a five-time All-Star, who ended his career averaging 20.7 points, 9.8 rebounds and 4.2 assists a game. Webber五度入選明星賽,生涯平均數據為20.7分,9.8籃板與4.2助攻。 Webber broke onto the scene as a part of Michigan’s heralded recruiting class that arrived on campus in 1991. Teaming with Jalen Rose, Juwan Howard, Jimmy King and Ray Jackson, Webber helped the Wolverines make it to the NCAA championship his only two years in college. Webber與Jalen Rose, Juwan Howard, Jimmy King and Ray Jackson在大學的時候組成 了知名的密西根五虎,並在他唸大學的兩年內幫他的學校打進了NCAA冠軍戰。 But Michigan lost both times, to Duke in 1992 and North Carolina the following year. Webber was most remembered for calling a timeout when Michigan had none remaining in the final minute of the 1993 loss to the Tar Heels. 但他們卻在92、93接連輸給藍魔鬼與北卡,Webber最為人所知的是他在1993年冠軍戰裡的 「不存在的暫停」事件。 http://0rz.tw/613Oi 試著翻翻看 有錯請鞭小力一點 並感謝天才前鋒C.Webber帶給我們的美好回憶 -- ︵△︵ ︵△︵ ︵△︵ △△△ ( ) ( ) (  ) (   ) ( > < ) ( ╲ ╱ ) ( ^ ^ ) ( █▔█ ( ╭╮꜠ ) ( ╭╮ ) ( ) ( ╰╯ 嗯嗯不出來的便便 超級生氣的便便 開心的便便 日光浴的便便 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 210.240.108.39 ※ 編輯: cancernan 來自: 210.240.108.39 (03/26 14:51)

03/26 16:06, , 1F
辛苦拉!! 可憐的Webber 無傷的話 一定還是頂尖的球員
03/26 16:06, 1F

03/26 19:01, , 2F
上次看到主板貼的票選史上大前鋒Webber是11,要是當初沒受傷
03/26 19:01, 2F

03/26 19:01, , 3F
ㄧ定有top 10
03/26 19:01, 3F

03/26 19:39, , 4F
嗚嗚嗚
03/26 19:39, 4F