[翻譯] 2012溫布頓SF賽後訪問

看板Federer作者 (莫非)時間12年前 (2012/07/07 11:58), 編輯推噓16(1600)
留言16則, 16人參與, 最新討論串1/1
2012 Wimbledon Semifinal (July 6th , 2012) Roger Federer def. Novak Djokovic 6-3, 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 http://tinyurl.com/8xonvpf ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Q. I want to know about how this affects your confidence maybe moving forward? And also, what does this tell you about your game, where you're at, from being still one of the elite players on the planet? 想知道這場比賽結果會如何影響你前進的信心?此外,你是如何依然為這星球上最傑出的 球員之一? ROGER FEDERER: Well, I've played a lot of tennis lately. I'm maybe the guy with most matches played this year, so it's not like I've been on the sideline. I think that helps, you know, building confidence and momentum really. 恩,我最近打了很多網球,或許我是今年打最多比賽的傢伙,所以我並非旁觀者。我想這 確實幫助我建立信心與氣勢。 Obviously you want it to pay off in the big matches against the best of the players. Didn't happen for me in Paris unfortunately, but it was a tough tournament overall for me. 顯然你想要在與最棒的選手比賽的時候,讓一切的努力值得。不幸地,在巴黎時這並未於 我身上發生,但對我來說,整體而言仍是個艱難的賽事。 Then it's nice that, you know, it worked today. Obviously I'd love to win the title. I have one more match to go. I'm aware of that. Still it's always nice beating someone like Novak, who has done so well here last year, the last couple years. 很棒的是,今天它實現了。當然我想贏得冠軍,我知道仍有一場比賽要打。但能打敗像 Novak這樣在過去幾年表現如此好的選手,這總是很美妙。 We've never played on grass. It was obviously a big occasion. These matches only help my confidence. I hope I can use it then for the finals. 我們從未在草地上打過。顯然這是個大的場合。這些比賽不僅幫助我的信心,希望我能在 決賽善加運用。 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Q. I can't imagine you felt you had anything left to prove about your career at this point on this stage. I'm wondering, did you feel when you walked onto court, was there a statement you wanted to make, a point you wanted to make with your play? 我無法想像在這個階段,你仍覺得你還沒完成什麼來證明你的職業生涯。我想了解,當你 走上球場時,你有想要樹立些什麼,或完成些什麼嗎? ROGER FEDERER: Well, not really. All I hoped for was a good match from me, to be quite honest, to give myself a chance to be in the finals, have a shot at the trophy again really. I missed being in the finals here the last couple years obviously. 恩,不是。說老實話,對我來說我所希望的是場好比賽,給我自己機會進入決賽,嘗試奪 得金杯。顯然前幾年我錯過參與決賽的契機。 It was big news when I lost to Berdych a few years ago. Not that I started doubting myself after last year's quarterfinals, but I played so well in that quarterfinal against Tsonga it was a hard one to sort of accept to lose. But Jo did great. You have to wait another year for your chance, and now I am finally back in that final. 幾年前我輸給Berdych是個大新聞。不是說去年八強賽之後,我開始懷疑自己,但在那場 對上Tsonga時我打得很好,要接受輸球是難熬的,但他打得很棒。你等待屬於你的機會好 幾年了,現在我終於回到決賽。 So it's great. That's what my goal was going into the match, not looking ahead of trying to prove a point or anything like that. Because I felt like I've played, like you said, plenty of tennis over the years and had so much success that I don't think I really need to do that. 所以這很棒。這是我投入比賽的目標,而不是試圖證明些什麼。因為正如你所說的,我想 打網球的這些年來,我有如此大的成就,我不認為我真的需要做到這一點。 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Q. What was the difference? Was there a single thing you felt was the tipping point in the match? 你覺得何時是比賽的轉捩點? ROGER FEDERER: Well, I think the surface obviously does make our match quite different, to be quite honest. We barely had rallies in the first couple of sets, which was surprising for me to see, as well. We did a lot of first strike tennis; a lot of service winners out there. 老實說,我認為場地讓我們的比賽很不同。前面幾盤我們幾乎沒有什麼來回,這也很令我 驚訝。我們打了許多一擊必殺的球,有許多發球致勝分。 That obviously changes momentum of the match. Doesn't make it maybe as physical. It's more explosive. Maybe a touch unpredictable. I thought when I missed my chance early on in the third I might pay for it dearly. Almost did towards the end of the third set when he had breakpoints. 這顯然改變整場比賽的內容。或許讓它沒有如此耗費體力。這是更具爆炸性的,或許更加 難以預測。我想我在第三盤一開始錯過機會,我為此付出沉重的代價,幾乎直到第三盤末 他拿到破發點時。 So I think overall the surface made the match play differently and potentially in my favor. I was able to be very aggressive, particularly once I did get into the third set where I thought we both played our very best. 所以我覺得場地讓比賽打法變得很不同,或許有利於我的發揮。我能打得非常積極,特別 是在第三盤的那一分,我覺得我們兩人都有最棒的發揮。 Now looking back, that was obviously the key to the match. 現在回過頭來看,那顯然是這場比賽的關鍵。 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Q. What were your thoughts before the match about the roof being closed? 屋頂是關閉的,賽前對於這點的看法? ROGER FEDERER: Uhm, honestly I tried not to think too much about it. I spoke about it with my coaches. I asked them is it better for me or not. Nobody knew (smiling). 說真的我試著不要想太多。我跟我的教練們談到這點。我問他們這對我比較好或是比較壞 。沒有人知道(笑)。 I mean, now I guess it was. Who knows. 我的意思是,現在我猜是的。誰知道。 But it's really the things like now for the Murray and Tsonga match I didn't know it was open. They barely knew 10 minutes before the match. You just go through it. There's another rain delay, you wait it out. It's just what we do as tennis players. We adjust at the very moment. It was the same again today. 但就像現在Murray和Tsonga的比賽,我不知道屋頂是開還是關的。幾乎在賽前十分鐘才會 知道。你就是上場。下雨延賽了,你等待。這只是我們身為網球選手所做的。我們在非常 時刻調整著,今天也是如此。 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Q. How would you describe what Pete Sampras' record and legacy mean to you? 你會如何形容Sampras的紀錄和傳奇對你意味著什麼? ROGER FEDERER: Well, everybody knows what a hero he is to me and how much I admire what he's been able to achieve in tennis. I mean, I don't think he ever lost a Grand Slam final here at Wimbledon. He won seven out of seven, which is just incredible, particularly in the times he played against all these big servers, when things were a bit more unpredictable, let's say. 大家都知道他對我而言是怎麼樣的一個英雄,我有多麼敬佩他在網球上達到的成就。我想 他在溫布頓決賽沒有輸過任何一場。他七場全勝,這很不可思議,特別是他身處在有許多 發球大砲的時代,這讓比賽更加拿以預測。 So I'm very proud to have a shot of equaling Pete, but right now the focus is obviously resting and preparing for the next match. 所以我很驕傲我能有機會試著追平Pete的紀錄,但現在的重點顯然是休息並且準備下一場 比賽。 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Q. His example, how he achieved it, how has that affected the way you've approached your career and your play at Wimbledon? 他的例子,他是如何實現它的,這些對於你的職業生涯和你在溫布頓打球的方式有什麼影 響? ROGER FEDERER: Well, I particularly remember obviously the end of his career, because before that I was honestly following more Becker and Edberg. But I admired, you know, how he stuck around, how he tried to win maybe one more, maybe two more. 我特別記得的顯然是他職業生涯的末段,因為在此之前我忠實地跟隨Becker和Edberg。但 Pete他堅持著,嘗試贏取下一個或許是更多的大滿貫,我尊敬他。 Obviously was a big surprise and a shock that I was able to break his five Wimbledons in a row here. I went on to do it myself. It was quite odd actually. 我能夠中止他拿下連續第五次的溫網,顯然這是個很大的驚喜與驚嚇。我自己做到了,這 其實是很奇特的感受。 But for me it was an inspiration for sure, as well, you know, to see somebody while I was coming up dominating the game and breaking the all time Grand Slam record. I'm sure that inspired me in some ways. 但對我來說,這肯定是項激勵,我能迎頭趕上主宰比賽,打破大滿貫紀錄,我敢說這在某 些方面鼓舞著我。 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Q. Can you talk about your two prospective opponents in the finals. Andy's record in Grand Slam finals is consistent but not great. Is that a source of hoe for you? And Tsonga, presumably you have unfinished business with him at Wimbledon after last year. 可以談談決賽兩個可能的對手。Andy在大滿貫決賽對上你的紀錄一貫不佳。這對你來說是 好的希望嗎?Tsonga或許從去年後,你跟他在溫網還有未算完的帳。 ROGER FEDERER: I've played him many times since. I lost to him in Montréal after that, then beat him at the Open, and then beat him I think three straight times in two weeks at the end of the year. 我和Tsonga在那之後打過好幾次。在之後的Montreal我敗給他,在美網我擊敗他,然後我 想在年終的兩個禮拜內,我連續擊敗他三次。 So we've played many times since, which I think helps me, to be quite honest, because I was still affected by that loss, I do believe, in Montréal, because he came out and, again, played amazing. I know he can do it again. That's why I also respect Jo in a big way. 所以我們打過很多次,說實話我想這可以幫助我,因為我相信我仍受那場輸球的影響,因 為在Montreal,他再次表現絕佳、發揮驚人。我知道他能夠再次做出如此的表現,這也是 為什麼我也尊重Jo(-Wilfried Tsonga)的原因。 And then against Andy, obviously I have I think a losing record against him. 然後說到Andy,我想顯然我對他的對戰紀錄是落後的。 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Q. Not in finals. 但不是在決賽。 ROGER FEDERER: Okay, fine. That's something for you to talk about. But for me I know how good Andy is. Finals are or finals, I've had my tough losses with him as well. I remember the losses I had against him, in the finals particularly in Shanghai where he crushed me, and in Toronto I believe it was. OK,好吧。那是給你們的談資,但我知道Andy有多棒。決賽是一碼子事,對上他我也有許 多艱難的失利。我記得我對上他輸球的時候,特別是在上海大師賽決賽他橫掃我,在 Toronto我想也是。 I had a good win against him in Dubai which was on a quick court. Honestly, we haven't played much in the last couple of years because of us being ranked 3 or 4 for sometime now. We always ended up in Novak or Rafa's hands and one would win but not both usually, so then we wouldn't see each other very often. 在Dubai快速場地上我有場美好的勝利。說實話,我們在過去幾年沒有對上那麼多次了, 因為如今我們是第三和第四名。我們總是敗在Novak或Rafa手上,我們其中某一個人會贏 ,但通常不是兩個都會贏,所以我們沒有很常碰到。 But if I do play Andy it's quite interesting, because we haven't played each other very often lately. 但如果我是和Andy對上,這相當有趣,因為我們最近沒有很常和對方打球。 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Q. Having just beaten the defending champion in a high caliber match, do you have to build yourself up again for the final and guard against any complacency? 剛在一場高質量的比賽中擊敗衛冕冠軍,你是否需要為決賽重新建立你自己,防止有任何 的自滿? ROGER FEDERER: No, not for me. I'm aware that the tournament's not over yet. I didn't break down crying and fell to my knees and thought the tournament is over and I achieved everything I ever wanted. (Laughter.) 不,不用。我明白賽事還沒結束。我並沒有跪下崩潰大哭,以為賽事已經結束了,我完成 我所想要的一切了(笑)。 Honestly, it happens faster than you think it does. Then all of a sudden you come out the next match and you're not the same anymore because you're emotionally too drained already and you think it's been a great tournament. 說實話,它發生的速度比你所想的還快。突然間你來到下一場比賽,你不一樣了,因為你 精神上消耗太多,你認為它是個偉大的賽事。 I know it's been a great tournament, but we'll assess that once the tournament is over. Right now I want to try to play the best possible final I can. 我知道這是個很棒的賽事,但直到賽事結束後,我們才會評論它。現在我想要盡可能打出 最棒的決賽。 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Q. You said before that nobody told you if the court was in your favor or not with the roof. But do you hope the final will be played with the roof or not depending on your opponent? 你之前說沒有人告訴你球場屋頂開或關對你比較有利。但你會依據對手的不同,希望決賽 時屋頂是開或關的嗎? ROGER FEDERER: Outdoors, I hope. That's what it's supposed to be here. 我希望是室外。在溫網應該如此。 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Q. How do you explain the fact that the first two sets, the serve was dominating the match, and then suddenly you start to play a lot of rallies which you were losing? 你會如何解釋,在前面兩盤,發球主導了比賽,然後突然間,你開始打許多來回,你輸掉 那些分數? ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, we didn't have that many long rallies in the first couple of sets. It's always hard to find rhythm maybe, let's be honest. Well, I mean, it's hard to fire bullets the whole time, so you try to also find some range. If he tees off first, it's hard to defend obviously. 是阿,在前幾盤,我們並沒有那麼多趟的來回。說真的,或許要找到節奏總是不容易的。 我的意思是,要整場都發出大砲是困難的,所以你試著找出可能。如果他先發球,要後攻 防禦顯然是困難的。 It is grass, after all. It's just not as easy to take that many balls out and, you know, come up with amazing shots time and time again. That's why I kept on attacking particularly I started to return much better as the match went on because I played a decent first set in return. 畢竟,這是草地。只是說要一次又一次打出驚人的擊球沒有那麼容易。這是為什麼我一直 在攻擊,特別是隨著比賽進行,我開始回發更好,因為在第一盤,我有像樣的回發。 In the second set I wasn't very happy and I tried to take some adjustments, particularly on the second serve, and all those things worked really well. Then I was able to be the aggressor once I got into the baseline rallies, which wasn't the case in that second set, for instance, and maybe a little bit of the first set, too. 第二盤我不是很滿意,我試著做些調整,特別是在二發,所有的這些奏效了。之後,當進 入底線來回時,我能夠扮演較有侵略性的一方,但舉例來說像是在第二盤就不是這樣,或 許在第一盤也有點不是。 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Q. The crowd clearly wanted you to win today. Who would you rather face in the final? If it is Andy Murray, do you think the crowd will be as supportive on Sunday? 今天觀眾很明顯希望你贏。在決賽你會比較希望對上誰?如果遇見Andy,你覺得在星期天 觀眾同樣會如此支持你嗎? ROGER FEDERER: I thought it actually was very respectful towards both players today. That's the feeling I got, particularly the first set, first couple of sets. I don't want to say there was that much to cheer about, but the points were awfully short. 我想今天實際上是對兩名選手都非常尊敬。這是我的感覺,特別是在第一盤,前幾盤時。 我不想說有那麼多值得歡呼,但分數都打得很短。 The guy that had the break was in control. There wasn't that nail biter feeling quite yet. That started to come along in the third and fourth set, I thought. But I did feel big crowd support towards the end. You felt like they really wanted me to win, which is obviously a nice feeling. 有破發優勢的人掌控比賽。還沒有感覺到比賽有那麼緊張,我想在第三盤和第四盤時才開 始如此。但接近賽末時我的確感受到很大的群眾支持。你感覺他們真的很想要我贏,這是 很棒的感受。 Now for the finals, of course I'd love to play Murray. I always say in whatever country I am I like to play the local hero, I kind of call them, and Andy is exactly that here at Wimbledon. 現在談到決賽,當然我喜歡和Murray打球,我總是說不管在哪個國家,我喜歡和那些我會 稱之為當地英雄的人打球,在溫布頓這裡正是Andy。 So I hope the match comes along, even though I like Jo very much. Here it would be very special playing against him. 所以我期待比賽的來臨,儘管我也很喜歡Jo。在這裡和他對打會是非常特殊的。 I don't know. I hope I have some crowd support, but it's not the very most important thing right now. 我不知道,我希望有一些觀眾支持我,但現在它不是非常重要的事。 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Q. What is your biggest challenge going into this match, considering you've been here so many times before? 這場比賽最大的挑戰是什麼,考慮到你已經來到這裡這麼多次了? ROGER FEDERER: Uhm, I mean, I wasn't nervous at all today before the match. I was almost a bit surprised I wasn't more nervous. 恩,我想今天在比賽之前,我並不緊張。我有點驚訝我沒有更緊張。 But then again, I think that's good sometimes. That means I'm in a good place mentally. And you got to be that for the finals, as well. 但話又說回來,我覺得有時候這是很好的。這表示我在心理上處於良好的情況。在決賽你 也應該如此。 Of course, there's a lot on the line for me. I'm not denying that. I have a lot of pressure, as well. I'm looking forward to that. That's what I work hard for. I've worked extremely hard since I lost that match point against Novak last year at the US Open. My run has been extremely good. Now I have a chance at world No. 1, at the title again all at once. 當然,還有許多。我不是要否認那些,我也有許多壓力。我期待如此,這正是我所奮鬥的 。自從去年美網對上Djokovic我輸掉那個賽末點後,我非常努力。現在我有一個同時挑戰 世界第一和大滿貫金盃的機會。 So it's a big match for me and I hope I can keep my nerves. I'm sure I can. Then hopefully win the match. But we'll see about that. 所以對我來說是場大比賽,希望我能保持我的發球。我確定我可以的。希望能贏下比賽, 但就讓我們拭目以待。 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Q. You spoke a moment ago about Andy being the local hero. What have been your observations over the years on the weight of Murray mania and the country's attention to this tournament and this player? 剛剛你提到Andy是當地的英雄。這些年來人們對於這位選手在這個賽事的關注以及狂熱, 你的看法是什麼? ROGER FEDERER: Well, it reminds me a little bit of Australia maybe because you don't have the amount of players you do have from, say, from France or from America. So the focus is more on one player or maybe a couple. 這有點讓我回憶起在澳網,或許因為沒有那麼多選手來自像是法國或美國。所以關注更多 是在一名選手上,或許是一些。 So I think this is what is so particular here in this country is that there's so much attention on that one player, which is Andy Murray. Let's be happy that he's such a great player that he lets that sort of hype last because he always remains in the tournament for so long. I think that's what's particular about it. 所以我想這是為什麼,特別是在這個國家,有那麼多的關愛集中在一名選手上,就是 Andy Murray。讓我們高興吧,因為他是如此棒的球員,讓這股熱潮持續,因為他總是在 賽事中走得很遠。我想這是它的特別之處。 He's only going to get better as time goes by. That's what he's been proving. It's going to be interesting to see if he's going to make it to the finals. I'd love it, you know. Yeah, so I think he's actually handled it very well from what I've seen from afar. 他只是需要隨著時間過去,變得更強。這是他正在證明的。如果他闖進決賽了,會很有趣 。你知道,我喜歡這樣。是阿,所以從我的角度來看,我想他實際上處理得很好。 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 120.126.68.12

07/07 12:27, , 1F
感謝分享 星期日到底是誰主場呢
07/07 12:27, 1F

07/07 12:30, , 2F
推翻譯~~~
07/07 12:30, 2F

07/07 12:35, , 3F
感謝翻譯~
07/07 12:35, 3F

07/07 12:41, , 4F
全球主場 vs 英國主場
07/07 12:41, 4F