Illness won't keep Federer from Australian Open

看板Federer作者 (R費)時間16年前 (2008/01/09 13:02), 編輯推噓9(901)
留言10則, 8人參與, 最新討論串1/1
好像有點嚴重。@@ 不過Rogi執意要參加澳網, 可能的話,希望大會讓他在第二天才出賽,有多一天的時間休息。 快快康復呀~  ROGER Federer yesterday declared only an unexpected worsening of a mystery stomach illness would prevent him from defending the Australian Open title next week. Determined to land a 13th grand slam singles major at Melbourne Park, Federer revealed he would consider making a rare request for a Tuesday start at the tournament to buy more recovery time. Chasing a Melbourne Park hat-trick, Federer yesterday appeared outwardly healthy but admitted he neither knew what the problem was - despite hospital tests - nor when he would fully recover. Asked if there was a chance he would be forced out of the Open, Federer replied: "Honestly, no. "Otherwise I would have left (Melbourne) already but I hang around and I definitely think it's gonna turn for the good and I'll be 100 per cent, really, before the tournament starts," he said. "I might ask for a Tuesday start but I hope I'm fine by Saturday." As either the top seed or defending champion, Federer invariably features on the opening day's schedule. If an extra day is needed to ensure Federer is well, Open officials will not hesitate to grant his request. Federer has not missed a grand slam singles main draw since losing to Ivo Heuberger in the final round of qualifying at the 1999 US Open. Federer said he was laid low by the illness after a light hit on Saturday. The problem then worsened, prompting the right-hander's management to organise a hospital visit where tests were carried out. Forced out of the AAMI Classic at Kooyong - his traditional Open prelude - Federer will now tackle Melbourne Park without a match since November, when he played three exhibitions against Pete Sampras in Asia. "Well, I mean, I've felt better," he said yesterday. "But it's not terribly bad, you know, but I can't take a chance. "I haven't been able to practise much here in Melbourne since I arrived. "I hit on the courts a little bit the other day, on Saturday I think it was. "I've just had to take it easy from there. "I've got something in my stomach and just didn't feel good and it hasn't left me yet. "I'm sleeping OK. Just, you know, trying to rest up. "The doctors told me to take it easy a little bit." Federer said he wanted to start working on his game again today. Any delay in the plan might seriously compromise the Swiss maestro's silken game. "I hope I can start practising lightly maybe tomorrow or so - that's really the goal," said Federer, who prepares meticulously for every tournament. "I couldn't take a chance on Kooyong. I can't go in like this playing against the best cold, basically. "I have to prepare a little bit. Hopefully I'll be fine by the weekend and then I can practise 100 per cent." Melbourne swirled with rumours yesterday Federer was beset with heart problems. Those close to the man most predict will win more majors than any other in history scoffed at the speculation. Federer appeared almost embarrassed at being less than at full capacity. "You don't want to take a chance so I just went to the hospital, just wanted to know what they say," he said "Just double check, just make sure I don't make anything stupid in myself and they told me to take it easy. "Maybe something is going on, we'll see." -- START FREAKING OUT! http://blog.pixnet.net/Rfed/post/11890030 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 59.113.174.123

01/09 13:11, , 1F
快快康復呀~
01/09 13:11, 1F

01/09 15:42, , 2F
澳網組委會非常鐵血 之前拒絕過不少延後出賽的申請
01/09 15:42, 2F

01/09 17:28, , 3F
@@" .... 澳網真的快到了
01/09 17:28, 3F

01/09 18:32, , 4F
居然還有謠言= =....
01/09 18:32, 4F