Re: svn commit: r239569 - head/etc/rc.d

看板FB_security作者時間11年前 (2012/09/15 10:32), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串128/145 (看更多)
Omg cant an freebsd-entropy be created as mailing list already Sent from my iPhone On Sep 14, 2012, at 8:09 PM, RW <rwmaillists@googlemail.com> wrote: > On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 17:25:59 +0100 > Ben Laurie wrote: > >> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 3:46 PM, RW <rwmaillists@googlemail.com> >> wrote: >>> On Fri, 14 Sep 2012 14:43:53 +0100 >>> Ben Laurie wrote: >>> >>>> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 2:38 PM, Bjoern A. Zeeb <bz@freebsd.org> >>>> wrote: >>>>> 7) send all data to the kernel and hash (arch dependent?) it + >>>>> counter value into the buffer on overflow, as in b[n] = H(b[n] + >>>>> c >>>>> + i[n]) in the kernel >>>>> (can control when buffer full and only then take action when >>>>> needed, indepedent on how seed data is chosen, uses standard >>>>> technology) >>>> >>>> IMO, this is the only good option. >>> >>> No it isn't. I means that the hashing is unconditional, so anyone >>> that needs a faster boot needs to patch the kernel. >> >> Has anyone measured the cost of doing this? Also, if you really want >> to turn it off, we could provide a flag. > > Yes, read the thread. > >>> It has no advantage >>> whatsoever over a minor change to initrandom. >> >> It absolutely has. It applies to all inputs to /dev/random, not just >> those that come from initrandom. > > If the rc script are written correctly it shouldn't matter, there no > need to write to /dev/random after the boot - it wont do anything > useful. > > It has no advantage over hashing the low-grade entropy in userland > which is is just couple of lines difference in a shell script. > >> Also, should something get to write >> to it before initrandom, initrandom's input would still be used. > > There's no reason to do that, so why do you think it matter? > _______________________________________________ > freebsd-security@freebsd.org mailing list > http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-security > To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-security-unsubscribe@freebsd.org" _______________________________________________ freebsd-security@freebsd.org mailing list http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-security To unsubscribe, send any mail to "freebsd-security-unsubscribe@freebsd.org"
文章代碼(AID): #1GK-YZYw (FB_security)
討論串 (同標題文章)
文章代碼(AID): #1GK-YZYw (FB_security)