[Mind] Something I wrote tonight

看板EngTalk作者 (NeverHuang)時間6年前 (2018/03/22 03:06), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 6年前最新討論串1/1
It was a really sad breakup. Although both of them, Tim and Barbara, went well in the end; Barbara writes new year card to Tim every year by brush. Tim replies too, though with pen writings only.   You ask any friend of them, and they would say it's really unfortunate for the two, that how out of imagination the sudden breakup was, but they'd then express that they're very, very happy for the two having found the true love for each of themselves after all.   The breakup happened on a sweating, rainy day in September, when the couple, still slime-y with each other after having been dating for three years, was going downtown after school. On the way, they walked arm in arm under one umbrella. Then, all of a sudden, Tim said something which completely changed Barbara's life. His own also, perhaps.   "Barbara, sorry. But I think I love my umbrella much more than how I loved you."   Years later, Barbara described that she was almost bursting into tears when she heard what Tim said, but she somehow managed to held it back in and asked why, in the calmest tone she could ever have.   Tim answered while he's sneaking his umbrella away above Barbara's head. "You see, it's like when you eat rice."   "What in the primate-"   "No-no, Miss Barbara, listen to me. When you eat rice, you'd say damn this rice is so delicious, and you fell into love with that rice, right?"   Barbara wasn't sure if she should nod or shake her head, so she just stared at Tim, waiting for him to continue.   "But in the whole thing, it's not rice who contributed most to you. It's the bowl and the chopsticks. Chopsticks paid most, I'd say. They even send rice all the way into your mouth, and leave, and come back, then leave, again and again without muttering no complaint."   She found Tim's words amusing, and was actually thinking there, her eyes still full of water, for a while.   "Yes... yes, Tim. You're right."   "So I am sorry, Miss Barbara, but I think it's time for us to part ways. I have found my true love, and we wish the best for you in the future."   Tim then walked away with the lovely umbrella. From the direction, he's going to the movie with it.   His figure disappeared around the corner while Barbara was still standing there pondering. Rain fell, but she didn't care. She chewed what Tim said around in her head for a while. It wasn't until the rain stopped that she finally remembered that she wasn't some historical statue.   After that breakup, both took a while to get used to their new ways of living without the other there. Tim now lives in California with his dearest umbrella, and Barbara, having listened to Tim and still being thankful towards him till this day, married a successful Japanese man who runs publishing business worldwide. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 182.234.145.119 ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/EngTalk/M.1521659184.A.389.html

03/25 09:54, 6年前 , 1F
It's great while you are able to live with chopstick
03/25 09:54, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #1QigqmE9 (EngTalk)