[News] Ikea Monkey in Toronto

看板EngTalk作者時間11年前 (2012/12/30 01:42), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
I hope I'm not violating any rules such as mulit-posting irrelevant articles. This news was a funny one that happended in my community in December. I selected the 2012 top stories review article to share, becasue it's written on the 24th (latest) and has a complete story of the whole event. 1. News content: The monkey, the mayor and other top Toronto stories in 2012 #Ikeamonkey The story of the monkey that appeared in the parking lot of a Toronto Ikea store clad in a shearling coat and diaper took the world — and social media — by storm. Darwin, the so-called Ikea monkey, was one of the most surprising stories to happen in Toronto in 2012. (Photograph in original source link) Darwin, as he is known, escaped from a vehicle he had been left in while his owner, Yasmin Nakhuda, was shopping inside the store. Nakhuda told CBC News that the Japanese macaque had been to Ikea before, but she had been told by staff that pets were not permitted in the store — that's why Darwin was left in her vehicle on the day that he escaped. Nakhuda is now fighting to have the animal returned to her. Darwin will spend the holidays in an animal sanctuary until the judge makes a ruling on his long-term custody, which is expected in the new year. 2. Source: http://ppt.cc/uL6V CBC Toronto Region 3. Remarks: It's illegal to keep a wild monkey as pet in Ontario but legal in Quebec so the woman seems to plan to move back to Quebec after reobtain her monkey. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 99.225.244.63 ※ 編輯: wendmo 來自: 99.225.244.63 (12/30 01:44)
文章代碼(AID): #1GtokHOX (EngTalk)