Re: [Ask ] The meaning of a line from the movie …

看板EngTalk作者 (hahastarr)時間14年前 (2010/06/14 06:27), 編輯推噓1(102)
留言3則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ 引述《lance0705 (藍‧聲‧口‧琴)》之銘言: : Dear you, : I found that I'm not able to understand the following lines as watching movie : "The most I'd ever had to offer the world was good intentions and : a slightly elevated capacity to take a kicking. With no power comes no : responsibility. Except that wasn't true. " : The chinese translation is just not precise enough for me to follow. : Can anyone help me? : Thank you! : Regards, : Lance The line "with no power comes no responsibility" instantly reminds me of the line that Uncle Ben tells Peter in the movie <Spiderman> ------ "With great power comes great responsibility". I haven't watched <Kick-ass> yet. (To be honest, I thought it was quite dumb when I watched the trailer but turns out it's quite meaningful and somehow quite educational. I really shouldn't judge a book by its cover lol) The last line you quote "Except that wasn't true" means it is not the case that no power = no responsibility. The boy confessed that all he had offered the world were good intentions and blah blah because he thought he had no superpower like Spiderman and Batman do therefore he had no 'power', or say, no 'responsibility' to better the world. I believe the moment the boy said these lines, he started to doubt whether it is true that no power = no resp. He might have watched people around him suffered from whatever and he realised he should do something but felt out of place. But anyway, he found his way of changing things and I guess that's what the movie's about basically. Hope this help. By the way, the format of your quiz is kinda formal. I hope my random reply doesn't spoil your seriousness. XD -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 130.216.91.99

06/14 17:04, , 1F
This helps alot, many thanks:)
06/14 17:04, 1F

06/14 17:06, , 2F
I was just pretending I'm writing an e-mail XD
06/14 17:06, 2F

06/14 17:59, , 3F
:)
06/14 17:59, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #1C5LjNFq (EngTalk)