[Mind] Learning English, No excuse

看板EngTalk作者 (喜歡大貓的魚)時間14年前 (2009/12/29 16:51), 編輯推噓1(100)
留言1則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/1
I come from Hong Kong and I'm now 25 years old. I have learnt english since six. My secondary school was running a chinese teaching system, that except english, both of the subjects were taught in chinese. I studied university at taipei, specialized in politics, international relations. (I have come back Hong Kong for 3 years) The reason I write this passage, is that I was insipred by my last job interview. The interviewer was interested in my IELTS result. He asked," why you took the exam? You wanna study aboard?" I said," No, i just found a way to test my english." He said," Oh why? Is your english very poor? I had been to your university, I visited the library, it was so great! So many english books there!" I replied," But my textbooks and reference books were in chinese. Professors also chose those translated version." Suddenly, I recognized how ashamed myself. There were so many materials in school and I was so lazy, I also blamed my faculty and professors!! I wasted 7 years, that i feel much harder to speak english! I only have a small vocabulary, poor grammar... I just have a overall 6.5 in IELTS. Listening-8.0 Writing-6.0 Speaking-6.5 Reading-6.0 I am quite sensitive to voice, that's why my listening is the best area. I am lack of vocabs, always incorrect spelling, poor grammar (almost forget) Speaking,the second strong part, acceptable fluency and accent, but limit vocabs. Reading, same as above, vocab and grammar weaken my english. I should have taken more english course in universty. I will have a new job next week, a secretary to CEO, most of my colleagues come from UK, US, Australia...I am quite worry about my performance. I will attend some business english courses and hope I can communicate with clients. I haven't written such a long passage! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 203.198.231.221 ※ 編輯: MimiBergkamp 來自: 203.198.231.221 (12/29 16:53)

01/02 03:58, , 1F
you can do it!
01/02 03:58, 1F
文章代碼(AID): #1BESC8Qz (EngTalk)