[Talk] Gossip Girls

看板EngTalk作者 (就是要虐到神經崩潰)時間14年前 (2009/12/05 00:47), 編輯推噓1(104)
留言5則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Okay...so I read GG when I was in 8th Grade. It was the perfect age to read GG at that time because the target audience is around that age. As I got older, I lost interest in GG, so I can't say I remember well the actual plot and story. Though, I must say, GG>>>far better than>>>Twilight. I can't even bring myself to touch that book with all the plot holes, bad characterizations, etc. *Cough* I digress. Anyhow, my first reaction to GG the TV series after a few minutes into it was..."Hold on a sec...am I really watching GG??" You got it. What I'm going to rant about is definitely how they SABOTAGED Blair's dad. WHAT. THE. HELL!!!!!! Seriously. WHAT. THE. @#!%!^$#%^#@t!!!!! I LOVED Blair's dad. In the novel, Blair had NO problems with her dad being gay. NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. NADA. In fact, she loved her dad and her dad loved her. A loving, flamboyant gay father who spoiled his daughter with affection and money... Or at least that's what my impression was. He played a pretty recurring role, since I still remember her dad was super rich and in Real Estate. I don't even remember what her mom did because her mom was THAT insignificant. So I'm sitting there, wondering what the hell was wrong with the show, ignoring how Chuck, this dude who was completely INSIGNIFICANT in the books, became so important all of a sudden. Never mind how Nate's supposed to be interested in Jenny's huge bust, in which the Jenny in the series somehow lacked. The only thing remotely true to the novel was that Dan had a huge crush on Serena. The last straw was drawn when I had to watch a scene where Blair tears up about how DEVASTATED she was to have her dad divorce her mom for a 30 year old model...and not just any model...a MALE model. (I was like...so??) I can't stand how they sabotaged Blair's dad. So, just now, I picked up the novel to check if I was wrong and I was not! You know who was the first person to talk in the novel? Blair's dad. What the hell man. I am so offended by this narrow-minded, homophobic series. Never mind how they totally witchified Blair (when the best part of the novel is that Blair is the most flawed character but readers still love her the most), how they completely made Nate some saint right off the bat when in the novel he's always stoned and cheating, and how they made Chuck so important when in the novel he's just Nate's insignifcant, stoned sidekick (who also, may I mention, ended up with a DUDE because he's bi.) Those were less of concern. That didn't really matter, they can change the plot and just use the setting and characters, whatever, I won't have a problem. In fact, I thought Chuck played an amusing role. But what mattered, was how they potrayed Blair's situation (having a gay dad.) I can't forgive that. I just can't. I won't continue to watch the show for that reason. Anyhow, yeah. Just my two cents on the show. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 118.160.166.220 ※ 編輯: BloodLust801 來自: 118.160.166.220 (12/05 00:51)

12/05 21:51, , 1F
thank u for sharing,I didn't know there's such a huge
12/05 21:51, 1F

12/05 21:52, , 2F
gap between the novel and the show. but I stopped
12/05 21:52, 2F

12/05 21:53, , 3F
following the show since season2.I think it went to
12/05 21:53, 3F

12/05 21:54, , 4F
too far and not make any sense. now I know why.
12/05 21:54, 4F

12/07 23:52, , 5F
what is JJ?
12/07 23:52, 5F
文章代碼(AID): #1B6JqhI3 (EngTalk)