[Talk] Most interesting TV series

看板EngTalk作者 (留不住的她)時間14年前 (2009/09/21 23:21), 編輯推噓2(201)
留言3則, 2人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Most interesting TV series I have ever seen in my life In the early 80s and 90s,many Taiwanese Television stations bought loads of English-speaking TV series from the United States.Some of them have become a common memory of a group of people who were born in 60s and 70s in Taiwan because it gave them a chance to keep up with the trends of world and broaden our horizons regardless of comparatively closed Taiwanese society. However they were not so useful for practicing English due to they were all dubbled into Chinese and named again in Chinese by a relative meaning at that moment. I still remember some of them, like “Star Trek-the next generation” ,”The A-team”, ”Young Indiana Jones”,and“MacGyver” . Among them, “MacGyver” could be the most remarkable and unforgettable TV series I have ever seen in my life. The story is about a brave, clever and kind man called “MacGyver”, who works for a foundation which could probably be supported by the US government during a cold war era.Due to historical setting, most of his rivals come from former USSR and some eastern Europe countries, or any one who relates to Communism. The reason why the TV series attracts me is that the main character is so unique a hero compared with any others in normal TV series. He ,MacCyver, takes lots of missions around the world and copes with many difficult tasks with his smart brain and wealth of knowledge, which is also the most crucial element in the series,because he never use any kind of weapons to beat enemies or protect himself while always uses his small Swiss army knife and any stuff by hand, like a map or chewing guns, and so on , to take full advantages of them and create some equipments and devices to disassemble bombs or escape from gaol. You may feel that the TV series are all fiction, and this one is no exception. However, it is just the most exciting thing it is , because almost every scientific theories and technological techniques he used in the series can be proved to be true and functional. They are not pseudo! . It was a very famous TV series in Taiwan when I was in primary school. The pet phrase which was made up by the dubbing artist who in charge of “MacGyver” had also become terribly popular in Taiwan society. Furthermore,the actor who play the role of “MacGyver ” had finally become well-known in Taiwan so that he even acted in a TV commercial for a sports drink. The TV station which broadcasted the series also published a series to explain all the theories happened in the series. I remember the time that I sat in front of TV and stuck to it , to see how he beats enemies and what unpredictable inventions he will use this week. In my opinion, it is because the main character is not a typical and traditional hero so that the series could stand out from other TV series during that time. You can never imagine that how ordinary stuff he is going to use in this week’s episode. Some of his attitudes towards life and application of natural science also had a positive effect on adolescents.Sadly, the series didn’t provoke my interests in natural science even though much of them was showed in the series,but it really told us that TV series could be both entertaining and educational. I think “MacGyver” is a great example. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 118.165.222.96 ※ 編輯: Chioushiyan 來自: 118.165.222.96 (09/21 23:23) ※ 編輯: Chioushiyan 來自: 118.165.222.96 (09/21 23:25) ※ 編輯: Chioushiyan 來自: 118.165.222.96 (09/21 23:28)

09/21 23:53, , 1F
Honestly, this is the first time I
09/21 23:53, 1F

09/21 23:53, , 2F
know its title in English @@
09/21 23:53, 2F

09/28 23:00, , 3F
lol
09/28 23:00, 3F
文章代碼(AID): #1AjveD73 (EngTalk)