[Talk] doctor myth (2)

看板EngTalk作者 (adult)時間15年前 (2008/09/24 13:00), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Foreword: I went to my student's place for teaching, which is in the neighborhood of Taipei Main Station. And I was so astounded at the sight of the smallness of her room, which she is going to share with her roommate. I was about to teach.... After we finished our lunchbox, prior to having class, I saw some pieces of notepapers written in English by her roommate, a hard-working student determined to keep studying until getting into medical school. Then I browsed her composition casually; I couldn't believe what I just read--an essay not only with impeccable grammar structure, but also with splendid literary grace. So shocked was I that I couldn't utter a word, English learner learning for several years though I am. Coming to consciousness at her call, I told her in terms of English writing, which you may face sooner or later in your upcoming test, your roommate's essay is an excellent model. You definitely should make the best of it, much less parrot the patterns applied among these paragraphs. From then on I started to venerate those students for their great pains taken on chasing their dreams. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 124.218.96.178
文章代碼(AID): #18sSbQwx (EngTalk)