[Mind] recommend a novel "my sister's keeper"

看板EngTalk作者 (無名)時間16年前 (2007/10/03 12:30), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
My sister’s keeper What a marvelous masterpiece, the author JODI PICOULT really used her exquisiteand amazing words impressed me. As I saw the front cover’s title and the outline “if you use one of your children’s life to save the life of another, are you being a good mother or a very bad one?” I was deeply attracted by it. The story tells about the main character Ann, a thirteen-year-old girl, has undergone countless surgeries, transfusions, and injections to help her sister Kate, fighting leukaemia(白血病). But eventually she couldn’t stand it and wonder what her life would be if she wasn’t tied to her sister ……so she decided to sues her parents for the rights to her own body…… in the end it of cause was a tragedy….. I think it is a very controversial issue even when it happened in real life. And if I was Ann, I really don’t know what I will do. Not to mention her parents, facing the decisions of her own children’s life. It is like a diary telling the truly story in this family, who was suffering from a long long nightmare. To be honor, I really touched by every single spots of the story. And hope it can be adapted to a movie someday. So I highly recommended it to you !! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 220.131.43.244
文章代碼(AID): #170nhJ_M (EngTalk)