[情報] Mike Portnoy 專訪

看板DreamTheater作者 (Butters Stotch)時間13年前 (2010/09/17 23:26), 編輯推噓3(300)
留言3則, 3人參與, 最新討論串1/1
※ [本文轉錄自 RockMetal 看板 #1CanlVgc ] 作者: hansi (Jamie) 看板: RockMetal 標題: [情報] Mike Portnoy 專訪 時間: Fri Sep 17 15:42:20 2010 Source : http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net /news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=145872 禁轉載 Former DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy discussed his departure from the band for the first time during an appearance on tonight's (Friday, September 10) edition of Eddie Trunk's "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM. A BLABBERMOUTH.NET transcript of the chat follows below (only slightly edited for clarity). 在離團之後,前DT鼓手MP今天在紐約電台 Q104.3FM晚間節目 Eddie Trunk’s Friday Nigh Rock中,第一次談論到他的離團。由BLABBERMOUTH.NET謄錄的內容如下。 Q: Clearly you weren't just some drummer — you were very much a focal point and driving force [behind DREAM THEATER]. So what went down and how did we arrive at this point that you are no longer a member of DREAM THEATER? 問 : 眾所皆知,你不僅只是鼓手而已,更是推動DT運轉的核心。所以,到底是那邊出了 問題,才會走到這步田地,而你不再是DT的成員? Portnoy: Well, I don't know how to sum it up, but I guess I could sum it up by just saying I was put in a position where I kind of had to quit in order to move forward. I love DREAM THEATER, I love the guys, it's been my baby for 25 years, but I just needed a break from DREAM THEATER. And a lot of people have already misinterpreted my press release, saying, "Well, if he needs a break, why is he playing with all these other bands?" I didn't need a break from playing and from touring and doing projects — I really just felt like DREAM THEATER needed a break. We have been on a write-record-tour cycle for a solid 12, 15 years — almost 20 years at this point — without any real breaks, and I was just feeling like it was... I don't know... It was just a pattern that needed to be broken. And this isn't something that I just started feeling and decided overnight; I mean, this dates back to last year. I was already feeling it [back then]. We were in Europe on the Progressive Nation tour last fall and I even suggested to the guys, "Why don't we not tour as much in 2010?" We were gonna do an American tour in the spring and we ended up blowing that out — just 'cause I really felt the need to shake up the cycle and break the pattern that we'd been doing for so long because it was starting to become a little stale to me. I would go off and do these other projects and they were very refreshing to me and yet I'd come back to DREAM THEATER, and as much as I love the music and as much me and the bandmembers are brothers, I just felt like we needed a break from each other in order to reignite the flame. Dating back to last fall I was feeling it, and then when I was out with TRANSATLANTIC this last spring, I was talking about it with some people on that tour. And then when we were out with [IRON] MAIDEN this summer, I knew it was coming to a head. And finally I brought it up to the guys and suggested, "Why don't we just take a little bit of a break? We've been going non-stop for so many years, I think maybe a couple of years' hiatus would do us good. It would give us each a chance to recharge our batteries and be reinspired." And those guys didn't agree with me. They wanted to keep going, and they wanted to start a new album in January [2011], and I just really felt strongly that a break could do us some good. And we just disagreed on that point. And, basically, it came to... After this initial discussion, we went off for about a week or so to think about it, and we came back together a couple of nights ago to talk about it, and they didn't wanna budge; they really wanted to start the album in January — with or without me. And I really felt if I was forced to go into the studio in January feeling the way I'm feeling that my heart wouldn't be in it and I would be going through the motions and not really doing what I really, really felt in my heart I should be doing, which is getting a breather... And that's what happened. Basically, I was put in the position where I either had to do the album in January against my will or I had to say goodbye, and I chose to say goodbye. It was the hardest decision I've ever made in my life and I feel really sad about it, and those guys are really sad about it. It's kind of weird that it came to this because none of us really wanted it, but inevitably this is the way it went down. MP:這個嘛,我不曉得該怎麼為這件事總結。但我想可以這麼說,我被迫處在一個,某種 程度上我必須離開,才能繼續前進到下一生涯個階段的狀態下。我愛DT,我愛DT的成員, 25年來他一直是我的寶貝,但我真的需要一段沒有DT的時間。不過有很多人已經開始誤解 我的聲明,認為「如果他需要休息的話,他幹麻去玩其他的團?」我並不需要暫時停止打 鼓、巡迴或玩其它的團,我真的只是覺得DT該休息一下了。我們已經持續了寫歌-錄歌-巡 迴這種循環整整12,15年了,在這個時間點,有將近20年的時間我們沒有得到真正的休息 ,所以我就覺得‧‧‧不曉得‧‧‧我們應該要打破這個模式。而且這也不是我在一個晚 上就突然得到這樣的想法並作出決定,我是說,從去年就開始,我就已經有這樣的感覺。 去年秋天,我們正在歐洲作Progressive Nation的巡迴,當時我提出了這樣的建議「我們 何不在2010年時作少一點的巡迴演唱?」同時我們正要準備春季的美國巡迴,後來中止了 ,就是因為我覺得我們需要調整步調,打破我們行之已久的模式,因為這對我來說已經有 點膩了。我想要玩一些不同的東西,它們能讓我感到精神為之一亮,而最後我也會再回到 DT。就是因為我非常喜歡DT的音樂跟成員,我才會覺得我們彼此間需要一些停歇,才能 再度激發出火花。去年的秋天我就是有這樣的感覺,之後在今年春天跟 Transatlantic巡 迴上,我就有跟一些人講。之後在夏季跟Iron maiden巡迴時,我就知道這事已箭在弦上 。最後我向其他團員提出了這件事以及建議「我們何不稍微休息一陣子呢?我想我們已經 不停歇地運作了好多年,也許停止一兩年的活動對我們來說是好的,這可以讓我們養精蓄 銳、重新激發出新靈感。」不過他們並不同意我的想法,他們想要在2011年一月開始做新 的專輯。我真的就是感到短暫的休息對我們有好處,反正在那個時候我們就是沒有共識。 基本上,最後就是‧‧‧在這最初的討論之後,我們個各自分開了大概一個禮拜,然後我 們在幾天前又再度一起討論這件事。他們完全不想改變計畫,不管有沒有我,他們都非常 想要在一月時著手新的專輯。我當時感到,如果我在一月被迫進入錄音室,我的心不在那 邊,我可能只是做做樣子,做一些並不是我心中真正想作的事情,也就是喘口氣。這就是 那時的局面,基本上就是,我被迫處在一個兩難的情況,要麻就是違背我的意志在一月時 進錄音室,要麻就是我必須說再見,而我選擇了說再見。這是我這輩子作過最困難的決定 ,我對此感到很難過,其他人也感到很難過。這說來有點奇怪,事情演變成如此並非是我 們所想要的,不過最後這就是無可避免的結果。 Q: You didn't wanna quit and obviously they didn't want you out. It really just seems like it was a disagreement as to where you were in your life with the band and what they wanted to do, and I guess the odds came out to four against one, and they decide they're going without you. 問:所以你並不想要退出,他們也不想要你離開。這像是你在樂團歲月中的某個歷程與其 他人想作的事互相衝突,而我猜結果就是4對1,他們決定在沒你的情況下繼續進行? Portnoy: That's exactly it. I mean, I didn't wanna quit and they didn't want me to leave, but yet here we are; it was the only way that they could happily move on and I could happily move on. It's a weird kind of break-up, because it was a break-up where we still loved each other. I got, like, the nicest e-mail today from John Petrucci [DREAM THEATER guitarist] and I got a great e-mail today from Jordan [Rudess, DREAM THEATER keyboardist]. They miss me and they're sad about this, and I'm sad about it and I'm heartbroken, but we just strongly disagree. I really think that the band could have used a few years to recharge our batteries and so many bands have done it — whether it be SOUNDGARDEN, ALICE IN CHAINS, JANE'S ADDICTION, PHISH, RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE... A lot of bands, when you're going this long and this strong, they take a break and then come back bigger and better than ever, and that's kind of what I hoped would happen with DREAM THEATER, and I was hoping that would be the path we could take together, but it was not to be. MP:沒錯就是那樣!我並不想要退出,他們也不想要我離開,不過事情就像現在這樣,讓 他們可以開心的繼續下去,我也可以開心的往前進行。這樣的拆伙頗奇怪,因為這是在我 們對彼此都有好感的情況下拆伙的。今天 John Petrucci寄了封超贊的e-mail給我, Jordan也寄了封很棒的e-mail,他們很想我且對這件事感到難過,我也是,我心碎了,不 過我們仍就對此事意見分歧。我真心認為我們可以用幾年的時間來重新充電,有很多樂團 已經如此作過了,像是Soundgarden、Alice in Chains、Jane’s Addiction、Phish、 Rage Against the Machine等一堆樂團。當年他奮鬥到如此的地步,變的如此突出,他們 仍選擇休息一陣子,復出後蛻變得更猛更屌,這就是我希望這樣的事也能發生在DT,這就 是我希望我們能一起走過的歷程,不過事與願違。 Q: How much do you think that playing with AVENGED SEVENFOLD and the other projects that you do — you're always busy working creatively, doing other things, whether it's DREAM THEATER or not — played a role in this coming down, if any? 問:你認為先前與A7X以及其他樂團的合作。反正你總是忙於作些有的沒有的新的東西, 不論是否跟DT有關,這跟現在這樣的處境有任何關聯嗎? Portnoy: Well, it absolutely had nothing to do with my initial thoughts, because, like I mentioned earlier, I was already discussing this with the guys last fall. And last fall, The Rev [late AVENGED SEVENFOLD drummer] was still alive and well and I had nothing to do with AVENGED SEVENFOLD and I was already feeling these feelings last September/October. If you watch the "Wither" video that we shot on that tour, almost all the footage is me hanging out with Mikael Åkerfeldt [of OPETH] or Damon Fox [of BIGELF]; I was already feeling some separation from the guys in DREAM THEATER. The groundwork in those feelings was already laid down back then. So, really, the feelings had nothing to do with AVENGED SEVENFOLD, and once 2010 rolled around, I went and did some shows with HAIL!, and then I went and did a couple of months of touring with TRANSATLANTIC, and then I started the tour with AVENGED SEVENFOLD, and all three of those projects — not just AVENGED, but all three of those projects — equally showed me how I was feeling very comfortable and happy and refreshed with some of these other bands. And I go back to DREAM THEATER, like on the MAIDEN tour, and the relationships between the five of us in DREAM THEATER were a bit strained; everybody was kind of just burnt out on each other — sitting in different dressing rooms and not hanging out, and like I mentioned, if you watch the "Wither" video... There was a bit of that strain, and 25 years together sometimes will do that. We love each other, we're brothers, and we're family, but sometimes you kind of grow apart and need some space, and that's what I was feeling. Honestly, this all was brewing way before AVENGED SEVENFOLD, but AVENGED SEVENFOLD, the experience with them kind of just opened my eyes a bit, as did the TRANSLATLANTIC tour, and as did the HAIL! shows. It just opened my eyes up to what a fresh relationship can be... I don't know... It's real tough for me to put in words and I really don't wanna be misnterpreted. I really don't want people to think that I left DREAM THEATER for AVENGED SEVENFOLD — I am not a member of AVENGED SEVENFOLD; I'm just touring them and helping them out, and we're having a great time. I just felt like I wouldn't have my heart into going back to DREAM THEATER in January without having some sort of a break. I mean, the way it is now with AVENGED, I guess we'll just ride this out together, because they're a band without a drummer, and now I'm a drummer without a band. We haven't made any decisions or have even discussed where we go from here. It's just for now I will continue playing with them and we'll see where we go from there. MP:厄‧‧‧這絕對跟我萌發這樣的想法完全無關。就如我早先提到的,我早已在去年秋 天就跟其他人討論過了,那時The Rev還健在、我跟A7X也沒有瓜葛,而我在9/10月就已有 這樣的想法。如果你看過我們在巡迴時拍攝的音樂影帶”Wither”,你會發現幾乎都是我 跟 Mikael Akerfeldt或是Damon Fox泡在一起的片段。那時我已經感到與DT的團員有些隔 閡了。〈拆伙的〉根源在那時早已種下。所以,真的完全跟A7X無關。來到2010年,我和 Hail!作了一些表演,接下來跟Transatlantic作了幾個月的巡迴,之後才開始與A7X一同 表演。不只有A7X,這三個團同樣都讓我感到舒服、愉快、新鮮。再來我回到DT表演,像 是與Iron Maiden的巡迴,當時我們五個DT團員的關係就有點疲乏,對彼此失去熱情,各 自坐在不同的梳妝室,不會泡在一塊。就像我先前講的,如果你有看 Wither的影帶,會 看出一些那樣的疲乏。呆在一塊25年就有可能會造成如此的情形。我們對彼此有好感,我 們是哥們,更是家人,但有時仍會漸漸梳遠,需要空間,而這就是我當下的感覺,這些在 我與A7X合作前早已開始蘊釀。而與A7X的合作讓我的眼界更開闊了一些,與 Transatlantic、與 Hail!亦是如此。與他們的合作讓我了解到一個新的關係會是怎樣的 感受。我真心的把想法寫成文字,我也真心希望這不要被誤解。我真的不希望人們認為我 離開DT是因為A7X,我只是跟著他們巡迴、幫助他們,我們玩得很開心。我只是覺得在沒 有得到某種程度的休息下,我是不會有在一月回去DT的想法。我是指,現在的路就是與 A7X合作,他們是個沒有鼓手的樂團,而我是沒有樂團的鼓手,我猜這一段路我們會一起 渡過。我們對於現在該如何走尚未作出任何決定,甚至連討論都還沒。暫時我會先與他們 一同表演,再來看看之後要怎樣。 Q: The first thing I thought about when I heard about this, and I'm sure a lot of fans did as well, was that the other guys in DREAM THEATER probably said , "Well, he's playing with all these other bands, but when need to work, he doesn't have time for us, so that's that." But you're saying that really wasn't it. 問:當我聽到這事我第一個想到,我想很多粉絲也會猜想的,就是其他DT的成員大概會說 「好吧,他在別的團玩的很開心,但是要工作時,就沒時間跟我們一起,就是那樣」。但 你說完全不是那樣。 Portnoy: I don't know... Yeah, maybe they do feel that way. MP:我不知道唉,也許他們真是那樣想吧。 Q: Kind of like your girlfriend is off doing other stuff and then when you need her, she's not available. 問:這不就好像是,當你需要你女朋友時,她沒空,因為他在忙其他東西? Portnoy: You know, I cannot ever be accused of not having my heart into DREAM THEATER. I mean, I've literally spent 25 years... It's my baby . . . I mean, I almost felt like I had to sacrifice myself from the situation so I wouldn't be holding them back and I wouldn't be doing something against my will. It's incredible for me to think that they're carrying on without me, but I guess that they're... I used to joke with them all the time. I used to say, "If I ever die, don't say 'He would have wanted us to carry on.' Because I wouldn't want you to carry on without me.'" The last thing I ever wanted to see was a DREAM THEATER without Mike Portnoy in it, so I used to always joke with them about that. But now, here when faced with this reality... I mean, sure, the selfish side of me doesn't wanna think of that band without me, and I kind of wish we would have just taken a break, but then there's the side of me that... I can't hold them back. They're my friends and they're my brothers and if they really wanna continue, then I can't say no; I don't wanna be an a-hole and do that to them. It's a strange situation, and luckily it ended on good terms and those guys have made it blatantly clear that the door is always open for me. So, I mean, it's a weird thing because I would go back to them in a heartbeat, just not now. I just need a break. MP:如同你所了解的,我是不可能被說我的心沒有投入DT。我是說,我確確實實的花了25 年在他上面,他是我的寶。我幾乎就覺得在那個情況下我必須犧牲自己才不會阻礙他們的 發展,而我也不會作一些違背自己意志的事。一想到他們打算在沒有我的情況下繼續運作 ,這對我來說很不可思異,不過我猜他們就是要那樣了。我以前常常跟他們開玩笑說:「 如果我死了千萬不要說『他會希望我們繼續運作的。』因為我絕對不想要你們在沒有我的 時候繼續下去。」我最不想要看到的就是沒有MP的DT,所以我常常拿這個開玩笑,不過現 在成真了。反正就是這樣,我自私的一面不想看到這個樂團沒有我,我有點就是希望我們 能休息一陣子,但另一面我又不想妨礙他們前進。他們是我的朋友、我的哥們,如果他們 真的要繼續下去,我就不能說不,我不想要當個討厭鬼,對他們說不行。真是個奇特的局 面,可喜的是結果還算圓滿,他們也明確的表示門隨時為我敞開。所以呢,這真是件奇怪 的事,我可以馬上回到他們那邊,但不是現在。我真的需要休息。 Q: How much time did you feel that you needed that you told them that you wanted away [from DREAM THEATER]? 問:當你告訴他們你想離開時,你認為你需要離開多久的時間? Portnoy: When I proposed it, I proposed an indefinite hiatus, as so many bands go on, and all of whom have come back bigger and better than ever. But that didn't go over [well with the other guys], so then, after talking about it, I said, "Well, then how about, let's say, a year [or] a year and a half? Why don't we take off 2011 and reconvene in 2012?" John Petrucci could do a solo album — he's been talking about that for the longest time — and James [LaBrie] just did a solo album, and John Myung just did a JELLY JAM album, and Jordan's got plans... It made sense. It's like, "Let's just take off 2011 — everybody could do their own thing — and reconvene in 2012." And that didn't go over [well] either; they didn't wanna do that either. I even offered to do various work with them in 2011 — even though it wasn't what I wanted, I was willing to do it just to keep the band afloat. It just didn't fly. It's just unfortunate that that's the way that the chips fell. MP:當時,我提了一個無限期休團的建議,就像許多其他樂所作過的,而那些團復出後變 的更棒了,不過這個建議並沒有引起共鳴。在這之後,我又說:「那休息個一年、一年半 如何?我們可以在2011休團然後在2012復出。」John Petrucci可以作一張獨奏專輯,他 已經一直念這個念了有使以來最久的一次,James Labrie剛完成了一張獨唱專輯,John Myung也剛作了一張Jelly Jam,而Jordan已經有計畫了,所以這很說的通阿,就像我說的 2011年休團,大家都可以忙自己手上的東西,然後在2012復出,不過這也沒有引起共鳴, 他們也不想要這樣〈的計畫〉,我甚至提出,在2011我可跟他們作一些不同的東西,即使 這不是我所要的。我願意這麼作只是為了讓這個樂團維持下去。不過就是行不通,這就是 個無法阻止的遺憾。 On how his role in DREAM THEATER and whether he thinks he can be easily replaced: 這段談論到他在DT中扮演的角色及他的位置是否能輕易的取代: Portnoy: The two situations I could think of that are similar [to this] — Tommy Lee with MÖTLEY CRÜE and maybe Phil Collins with GENESIS — and in both of those cases they both left, and in both of those cases they came back, so you know what?! Maybe that will be the case here... I don't know. But to be honest with you, to me the thing that is so weird about this is that my role in DREAM THEATER just went so beyond the drumming. Honestly, I think there's thousands of drummers that could walk into DREAM THEATER right now and could do a great job drumming-wise, but what about the other thousand things that I had to do in DREAM THEATER?! . . . I think they'll have no problem getting a great drummer — there's lots of great drummers out there — but I think they're gonna have to really step up to the plate to cover all of the other responsibilities; they're gonna each have to put in 500 percent more to cover that ground. And I guess they're up to it. I've already seen John Petrucci doing Q&As [question-and-answer sessions] on his web site, which in all these years I've never seen him do, so I guess they're each gonna step up to the plate and cover that ground that I used to cover. You know, I never in a million years thought I would ever see a DREAM THEATER concert, and I'm looking forward to one day doing it. [Laughs] MP:我想到了兩個類似這樣情況的前例,Tommy Lee與MÖTLEY CRÜE或是Phil Collins跟 Genesis,這兩個例子中他們兩人都離開,且最後又都回來了,所以你知道嗎,我想這可 能也會是我們這邊的情況‧‧‧我不曉得。不過我老實跟你說,對我來說這事情最怪的地 方就是我在DT中的角色不僅只是鼓手而已。說實在,我想現在就有很多鼓手能能隨時入替 DT,並且能作個稱職的鼓手,但大量其他我在DT中要作的職責呢?現在就有許多很棒的鼓 手,我想他們要找到一個一定不是問題。但我想他們真的必須要採取行動來顧及其他的面 向,他們每個人都要附出百分之500的精神來處理那些事。我想他們有那樣的能力,我已 經看到John Petrucci在他的網站上作問與答的部份,這在這幾年間是從來沒看過的。所 以我猜他們每個人都會開始處理我以前在處理的事務。你知道嗎,以前我從來沒想過我會 去看一場DT的表演,現在我很期待能看到〈笑〉。 Q: If I'm a betting man, I have to say that it won't be more than a year or two before you return to that gig under some circumstance. 問:如果我要下注,我會認為不出一到兩年,你就會在某種條件下歸團。 Portnoy: Well, you know what?! If that was to happen, then I got what I wanted [laughs] — I got my break from them and they got what they wanted; they got to continue on. Maybe a couple of years from now we'll get back together and we'll live happily ever after. I don't know. But there's been so many cases — you've seen it; history has shown — and I've already cited MÖ TLEY CRÜE and GENESIS, but you could talk about... AEROSMITH went on without Joe Perry and MAIDEN went on without Bruce [Dickinson] and [JUDAS] PRIEST without [Rob] Halford... Ultimately, they all came back together and I would love it if some day that happens with us . . . The whole thing is as tough for me to swallow as it is for the fans. I feel really bad for the fans, 'cause I spent my entire career making decisions for them and trying to feed the fanbase, and I knew this was one decision that wouldn't be a popular one with the fans, but for once in my life — for once — I had to do what Mike Portnoy felt was right and not what was best for DREAM THEATER. I mean, what would have been best for DREAM THEATER, in my opinion, would have been to just take a few years off — everybody do their own thing, recharge the batteries and come together. But we're five different people with five different personalities, and I guess we differed on that subject . . . We've mentioned these other scenarios [where the members parted ways and then] all [came] back together. The thing that scares the crap out of me, though, is I see a similarity to maybe Roger Waters with PINK FLOYD and that never came back together, and that scares the crap out of me. It would be a tragedy if I never got to be on stage with DREAM THEATER again . . . I'm at peace with [my decision to leave the band] — I really am. I'm depressed and sad and shocked over it, but I am indeed at peace with it, and I think it was the right thing [to do], because I had to follow my heart. I've never been a fake or a B.S. person, and if I would be forced to go into the studio in January, I would feel resentments, and I can't do that. I need to love what I'm doing, and I've never done a project or an album or anything with any other musician that I didn't believe in. MP:這個麻,你知道嗎?如果這會發生的話,那就是我已得到我想要的〈笑〉。我得到了 沒有DT的休息,他們也得到他們想要的,他們必須走下去。也許一兩年後,我們會再重組 ,然後之後我們就會過著幸福快樂的日子。我不知道。你也看過歷史上已經有如此多的實 例,我也提過MÖTLEY CRÜE和Genesis,不過你還是可以提像是沒有Joe Perry的 Aerosmith,沒有Bruce的Iron Maiden以及少了Halfrod的Judas Priest‧‧‧最後他們都 重聚了,我希望有一天這也會發生在我們身上。這整件事,我跟粉絲們都一樣難以接受, 對粉絲們我感到很抱歉,因為我整個生涯都在為他們作決定,滿足所有粉絲們,我知道這 次的決定一定不會受到青睞,不過在我此生中就這麼一次,就一次,我要作MP認為是對的 的決定,而不是對DT最好的選擇。我的意思是,在我看來,對DT最有益的就是休團幾年, 每個人去作自己的東西,充電,然後再重聚。不過我們是五個有著不同個性的個體,我想 我們大概在這個議題上有不同的見解。我們剛已經討論過一些最後團園又都重聚的情節。 不過最讓我害怕到挫賽的,就是想到像是Roger Waters與Pink Floyd,他們從未再團聚, 這真的讓我嚇到挫賽。如果我再也沒能夠與DT同台,這會是一個不幸。現在我對我的選擇 感到很平和,真的。過去〈這段時間〉,我真的很失落、難過,並且錯愕。不過我現在真 的很平和,而且我認為這是正確的事,因為我必須跟著我心中的想法去作,我從來都不是 一個會打嘴砲說假話的人,如果我在一月真的被迫要進錄音室,我會很不爽,我也不會那 樣做,我所要作的事一定是要讓我喜歡的。我不曾跟我不信認的樂手玩過團或作過一張專 輯。 Q: You're out with AVENGED SEVENFOLD, which is gonna continue into the New Year, so at this point, you're just gonna hold with that gig and continue playing with those guys and I imagine you're having fun doing it, right? 問:你跟A7X的合作會持續到新年,所以現在你會一直跟著他們表演,我想你一定從中得 到很多樂趣,對嗎? Portnoy: Well, yeah. I am indeed having a great time with these guys, so there's no denying that. They're a great bunch of guys, the show is awesome, their fans are awesome, and they've been great to me. The thing with them is they need to take small baby steps because of the situation they just went through with their drummer dying, so they're really in no rush to get a permanent drummer, and they're taking baby steps one day at a time. And I'm in the same boat now, because I don't wanna make any major decisions right now either and now I'm gonna take baby steps and just take this one day at a time. And I guess right now there's no pressure for me, and there's no pressure for them, to make any decisions for awhile now; we can just carry on with their tour, and we have the luxury of time now without any pressure hanging over either of our heads. So I'll carry on with them and then when the time comes that I have to make a decision to do something else, I'll climb that hill when I get there. But right now, it's nice to not have the pressure and I could just play. MP:這個,是阿,我不否認,跟他們一起我真的有很好的時光。他們是群很棒的人,表演 很棒、粉絲們也很棒,而且他們一直對我很好。他們要面對的是踏出新的一步,他們才剛 經歷了鼓手過世的這段時期,所以他們並不急於要找新的鼓手,他們每天都往前跨出一小 步。現在我也在同一條船上,因為我現在並不想作出重大的決定,所以我跟他們一樣每天 都往前走一點。我猜現在我跟他們都一樣沒有在短時間內作出決定的壓力,我們可以繼續 作巡迴,現在我們正享受著頭上沒有任何壓力的黃金時光,所以我會跟著他們繼續下去, 當時機成熟時,我就會作出決定、跨過那道障礙。不過就現在來說,沒有壓力真好,我可 以只顧著打鼓。 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 124.11.141.88

09/17 15:53,
推一個,然後是復出,不是覆出,應該是打太快了~XD
09/17 15:53

09/17 16:04,
抱歉我中文造詣不太好:<
09/17 16:04
※ 編輯: hansi 來自: 124.11.141.88 (09/17 16:08)

09/17 16:12,
推 開賭盤MP多久會回來
09/17 16:12

09/17 16:19,
跟鐵媽巡迴後大休一兩年 其他團員當然不會答應啊
09/17 16:19

09/17 16:28,
good insight
09/17 16:28

09/17 17:20,
到DT板開個賭盤好了
09/17 17:20