D-backs rally late to win 2007 opener

看板Diamondbacks作者 (靠腰)時間17年前 (2007/04/03 14:36), 編輯推噓7(703)
留言10則, 7人參與, 最新討論串1/1
小弟第一次試翻,還請各位先賢不吝指教 <(_ _)> http://tinyurl.com/3bpptn Two pitches into what proved to be the game-deciding at-bat, Eric Byrnes looked like he was in trouble. And so were the D-backs, trailing 6-5 with the bases loaded and one out in the eighth. 八局上,響尾蛇隊5-6落後洛磯隊,面對一出局的壘上跑者,Eric Byrnes(中外野手)似乎 在這關鍵打席面臨了困難。 As the late afternoon shadows crept across the field making it difficult to see, Rockies reliever LaTroy Hawkins threw two hard-biting sliders that Byrnes waived at. 在傍晚的夕陽斜照之下,洛磯隊中繼投手LaTroy Hawkins祭出了兩個犀利無比的滑球,使 得蛇軍二棒Eric Byrnes連揮兩個空棒,而場上交錯的光影,讓Eric Byrnes選球更加困難 "I didn't even remember LaTroy throwing a slider," Byrnes said of his past battles with the veteran right-hander. "He threw two of the nastiest pitches I'd seen since the start of Spring Training, and I had no chance. They came out of his hand looking like fastballs and broke about three feet at the end." 當Byrnes談到他上個打席對上這個右投老鳥時:「我甚至不記得LaTroy投了個滑球。他投 了兩顆我從春訓到現在不曾見過的噁爛球路過來,我根本就沒有機會,他們帶著速球的球 威殺進來,卻又在本壘板前三呎狂掉。」 Hawkins missed with a slider for ball one, and then left a fastball up and out over the plate that Byrnes lined just out of the reach of a leaping Kaz Matsui and into right-center for a two-run single as the D-backs went on to win on Monday, 8-6. 然而Hawkins接著的滑球並沒有取得好球數,並且在下一球讓Byrnes咬中一個速球,直接 飛越過了二壘手松井稼頭央,這個右外野方向的平飛一壘安打帶著兩分打點,讓響尾蛇隊 最終以8-6的領先直到比賽結束,贏得了星期一的開幕賽。 "Everybody said I should have went to the slider, but I was trying to get that fastball away, then go back to the slider," Hawkins said of decisive pitch. "But it didn't work out. I'll come back and get them tomorrow." 「大家都說我該投滑球對決,我試著用速球起動,然後再搭配滑球解決打者,然而並沒有 奏效,不過我明天會再來解決他們的。」Hawkins談到他的投球策略時如是說。 Hawkins had come in to protect the Rockies one-run lead, but Chris Young led off the eighth with a single, and with Young running, pinch-hitter Alberto Callaspo perfectly placed a ground ball through the hole at short to put runners on the corners. Hawkins登板來維持洛磯隊的一分領先優勢,但Chris Young在八局上一上來就是個一壘安 打,接著的代打Alberto Callaspo也完美的打穿了洛磯隊的游擊防線,配合著跑帶打戰術 ,使得跑者分別進佔一三壘。 Callaspo moved up to second on Tony Clark's shallow flyout to left, and Colorado manager Clint Hurdle then decided to walk left-handed hitting Stephen Drew to fill the bases for Byrnes. Tony Clark擊出了左外野方向小飛球被接殺後,洛磯隊教練Clint Hurdle決定要保送第一 棒的左打者Stephen Drew,在滿壘的狀況下來抓第二棒的Byrnes。 "I'm only human, right?" Byrnes said when asked if the walk to Drew gave him some added motivation. "I mean really, I'm not going to say it's a slap in the face, Clint's just playing the percentages, but at the same time, if you're a hitter, and you go up there and you say you're not motivated, you're full of it. It's definitely motivation. He's a manager that holds true to the percentages, and that's the way he manages, and I don't blame him or question him for that, but, you know, when he walks the guy in front of me, I'm going to be excited about the opportunity to make him pay for it." Byrnes在Drew被保送後談到他所受的刺激:「我就只是個凡人,對吧?老實說,我不太會 去說這就像被打了個巴掌在臉上。Clint只是做了個教練應該做的事情,他計算對球隊最好 的可能,但同時,如果你跟我一樣是個打者,要說沒有受到任何刺激那是不可能的。這當 然會是個刺激。我不會去責備或質疑Clint的作法,身為教練,就是要去適用那些數據,但 是,你知道的,當他保送我前面那個傢伙時,我對我能擁有讓他後悔的機會感到興奮無比 。」 Orlando Hudson followed Byrnes with a sacrifice fly to give the D-backs an 8-6 advantage that relievers Brandon Lyon in the eighth and Jose Valverde in the ninth were able to nail down. Orlando Hudson跟著在Byrnes後面打了支高飛犧牲打,讓響尾蛇隊獲得了8-6的領先,使得 八下中繼的Brandon Lyon跟九下後援的Jose Valverde能夠牢守勝利。 The game was a back-and-forth affair with both team's starters -- Brandon Webb for the D-backs and Aaron Cook for the Rockies -- lacking their best stuff. 這場比賽會形成拉鋸戰,主要是兩隊的先發投手,響尾蛇的Webb跟洛磯的Cook,都沒能投 出他們最好的投球內容。 The D-backs hitters tried to help Webb out, as they spotted him a 1-0 lead in the first. But the right-hander who won the NL Cy Young Award last year didn't seem to have his best command as he allowed two Colorado runs in the bottom of the first. 響尾蛇隊的打者試著要用棒子來幫Webb一把,就像他們在一局上打下的1-0領先優勢一樣。 但這位去年的賽楊獎右投似乎並沒有給隊友一個好的回應,當他在一局下就連丟了兩分之 後。 After the D-backs retook the lead with a two-run third inning and ran their advantage to 5-2 in the top of the fourth, Webb once again was unable to hold it as he allowed three in the bottom half of the inning. 而當蛇軍在三局上跑回兩分,並且在四局上將比數拉開到5-2之後,Webb又一次的沒能守住 領先的局面,並且讓洛磯隊在四局下再度攻下三分。 "The first inning, I think I started off on the wrong foot, almost 40 pitches, and I was just kind of getting out of my rhythm," Webb said. "I was rushing things and just wasn't throwing strikes. I was probably excited and was wanting to get the ball there before I was ready to get the ball there, and so, mechanically, probably wasn't very sound." 「第一局的時候,我想我在起動投球時下盤出了點問題,在那之後約四十球,我完全找不 到我投球的節奏」Webb說道。「我只是在趕著下班,並且投不進好球帶。我興奮並著急的 想奪三振,然後在我還沒準備好之前機械式的出手,可能也沒有非常穩健的出手。」 Webb left after five innings, and the Rockies grabbed the 6-5 advantage when pinch-hitter Jeff Baker greeted reliever Brandon Medders with a home run to dead center to start the sixth. Young looked like he had a play on the ball, and it actually did go into his glove. Webb先發五局,然後洛磯隊在六局下,代打Jeff Baker用一發陽春全壘打好好的問候了中 繼投手Brandon Medder,用這發正中方向的陽春砲開始洛磯六局的攻勢。中外野的Chris Young看似有機會處理這顆球,並且把它牢牢的接進手套裡。 But the fleet-footed rookie figured he was going to need every inch he could get to make the catch, so he had slid his glove up a bit on his hand. As he jumped, his shoulder hit the wall, and as he reached above the wall, the ball struck his glove and knocked it right off his hand. 但這位飛毛腿菜鳥發現他將會需要他所能用到的每一英吋來完成這個play,所以他將手套 些許滑出手心來增加接球距離,他跳起來之後,他的肩膀直接撞上了中外野大牆,而當他 攀上全壘打牆之後,這顆飛球打中了他那不甚穩固的手套,並且將手套從他手中擊落。 "I knew I had a bead on it when he hit the ball," Young said. "I was like, 'I can go get this.' As soon as I was going up I knew that I had it, but I didn't realize the wall was right there." 「我知道當他擊出之後,我已經瞄準了那顆球」Chris Young說道。「我就像是能夠接住它 一般,當我跳起來之後我知道我就知道我辦到了,然而卻沒想到牆已經在身邊。」 -- ╓─╖ ╭───────╮ ` ﹐╭─────────╮ ║誠║ "│靠腰,圖勒?!│ ` <囧 "│我...我認識你嗎? │ ║惶║ < ̄ ╰───────╯ ㄟ╰─────────╯ ║誠║ ∫╲ ╳ ║恐║ ▇███▇▇▆▅▇▆▇▇▆▅▆▇█████▇▇▆▅▅▄▂▂▁ˍ╚═╝ -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 61.58.102.60

04/03 16:52, , 1F
新朋友嗎?歡迎歡迎。我喜歡Webb『趕著下班』那一句
04/03 16:52, 1F

04/03 16:54, , 2F
Chris Young沒有很多英呎,是很多英吋
04/03 16:54, 2F

04/03 16:55, , 3F
整個看完只覺得我不可能翻譯的像你這麼好,辛苦了
04/03 16:55, 3F

04/03 20:26, , 4F
我也潛水一段時間了,謝謝指正 ^^
04/03 20:26, 4F
※ 編輯: CowYao 來自: 61.58.102.60 (04/03 20:27)

04/03 20:42, , 5F
另外對於有人願意整個看完,我也覺得很欣慰 T^T
04/03 20:42, 5F

04/03 21:30, , 6F
推一個 翻得真好 辛苦了 :)
04/03 21:30, 6F

04/03 22:21, , 7F
推一個
04/03 22:21, 7F
※ 編輯: CowYao 來自: 61.58.102.60 (04/03 22:40)

04/04 02:17, , 8F
怎麼好的文章 當然耐著性子看完啊
04/04 02:17, 8F

04/04 23:15, , 9F
推,好文章,辛苦拉
04/04 23:15, 9F

04/07 14:27, , 10F
推~好文
04/07 14:27, 10F
文章代碼(AID): #164VNYZK (Diamondbacks)