[情報] ozzy那張tribute的內頁採訪原文

看板ClassicRock作者 (MR.囧)時間17年前 (2007/04/23 01:47), 編輯推噓1(101)
留言2則, 1人參與, 最新討論串1/1
最近要做英文報告 閑閑無事想說來介紹這張好了 所以就想要介紹這段採訪 結果GOOGLE之下居然找不到文章 一怒之下 我決定................ 用手動的打出來 orz 所以想說都打了,就跟大家分享一下這樣 可能是網路唯一找的到的版本喔XD "I've had some great guitar players over the years, there's no disputing that. But Randy was unique." states Ozzy, recalling his friend and prot?g? who lost his life in a freak flying accident midway through the Diary Of A Madman tour on 19 march 1982. "It's like Randy was with me for a lot longer than he actually really was. Sometimes I think he's still with me now." He continues. "Guitar players have a thing where their guitars are an extension of their penis. With Randy, he was an extension of his guitar. There's a big difference." Ozzy describes meeting the 23-years-old guitarist in mid-'79 as being akin to "God entering my life." Following Ozzy's turbulent departure from Black Sabbath earlier that year, Rhoads was the stabilizing influence the singer so desperately needed to convince himself that he could launch his solo career. "Randy gave me confidence to do things," explains Ozzy. "The difference between working with Randy Rhoads and Black Sabbath at that time is that Randy would work things out with you. He was willing to listen. He was a guitar teacher so he had the patience of a saint. Between '79 and that fateful day in '82 Ozzy and Randy became an unlikely and inseparable duo. Despite their very different characters the two of them shared a flat in Chelsea, London, and wrote the Blizzard Of Ozz and Diary Of A Madman - the two albums that would launch Ozzy's solo career and establish Rhoads as one of the talented guitarists of his generation. "I always judge how good things are by whether the hairs on my arms stand up," states Ozzy. "When we started working together Randy's playing had that effect on me. When Randy goes from the transition on 'I Don't Know' into the guitar solo section my spine chills. During the recording of Blizzard Of Ozz and Diary Of A Madman Ozzy recalls Rhoads being a perfectionist in the studio, something which is borne out by the out-take versions of "dee" which are included on this Tribute album and which feature Randy asking to try another take to get his playing "smoother". "If he had a bee up his ass it was better to let him work it out." states Ozzy. "we were recording 'Diary Of A Madman' (the track) and he wasn't happy with the solo. He asked me if everyone could stay out of the studio for a couple days. He came out of the studio two days later and he had this big shit-eating grin on his face. I heard that solo and it lifted the back of my fucking head off." Randy's death on 19 March 1982 at the age of 25 was senseless. Having traveled overnight on the band's tour bus from Knoxville, Tennessee, to Lakeland, Florida, the young guitar player found himself with time on his band while Ozzy slept off the gin-induced hangover. He hired a small plane with Ozzy's hairdresser Rachel Youngblood and got the pilot, Andrew Aycock, to make a mock dive-bombing run over the stationary tour bus. The aircraft's wing clipped the side of the bus before hitting a tree, crashing into a nearby house and erupting into flames. Ozzy himself awoke thinking that the bus had crashed. He ventured outside and found out the tragic truth. It was a crushing blow which threatened to cut short Osbourne's career, coming as it did shortly after his ejection from Sabbath, the death of his father, the divorce of his first wife and almost two years pf solid touring. "Out of all of that Randy's death just fucked me up big time to the point where I remember thinking it's all over. I can't stand being in this emotional rollercoaster anymore. I've lost the best gut I ever met in my life." Ozzy's manager and companion at the time, Sharon Arden, was equally shocked and hurt, but possibly more realistic. "If it hadn't been for my Sharon I'd still be standing there now looking at that burning house." admits Ozzy. "It's like a Fellini movie. It's like a living dream. Even now I can still smell the grass, that burning smelling, everything." "Sharon took it really badly. She couldn't look at a picture of Randy, or listen to the records or talk about him. But she said to me at the time 'Randy wouldn't want you to stop now.' That gave me a lot of strength you know." Following Randy's funeral- at which Ozzy was a pallbearer- the singer carried on with the Diary Of A Madman tour, first with ex-Gillan guitarist Bernie Torme and later, with Nightranger man Brad Gillis. The latter would appear on the live Talk Of The Devil double album (titled Speak Of The Devil in the US) which was recorded at the Ritz in New York in September'82. The album consisted entirely of Black Sabbath covers and, at the time, seemed like a dig at his former band. It wasn't. "The label (Jet records) wanted a live album. And I said "No fucking way! Randy had barely been buried and they wanted us to release these live tapes. I refused to do that. That's how Talk Of The Devil came about." smarts Ozzy. "I told them I'd deliver a live album but it would have nothing to do with with Randy. So I recorded two nights and gave them the tapes. It just a bunch of bullshit Sabbath covers. I don't recognize that album. I wasn't there for the mix. I just delivered the tapes and that was it. I was under contract and I don't gave a fuck about that album." Five years after Randy's death Ozzy and Sharon found themselves ready to pay their tribute to the much-missed friend and guitar player with the release of this album. "We were still getting letters from fans asking if there were any tapes from the tours that I'd done with Randy." explains Ozzy. "We spoke to Mrs. Rhoads who told us that she still received letters just we did and she gave us her blessing for us to release the tapes. We kept her informed of everything that we were going to do because Randy was her son and she'd lost her baby in all of this. Without her this album wouldn't came about." Tribute is taken from tapes from 1981 and catches Ozzy, Randy and the band in sparkling live form, the guitarist attempting even more audacious moves than he did on those now legendary studio recordings. While Tribute is a fine homage to Randy, it was something which he was also left contemplating as 1983 dawned. His future was uncertain once again. Randy, the rock on which he'd built the band, had gone… Phli Alexander Editor-In-Chief, kerrang! Magazine London'England. 呼貼完了XDD -- http://blog.yam.com/darkstar 小小電影blog.... -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 140.114.216.4 ※ 編輯: nam1975 來自: 140.114.216.4 (04/23 01:48)

04/24 10:12, , 1F
謝謝分享 我也超愛Randy Rhoads..真的很可惜 25歲就走了
04/24 10:12, 1F

04/24 10:13, , 2F
沒記錯的話好像有個紀念他的紀錄影片 也叫tribute
04/24 10:13, 2F
文章代碼(AID): #16Av_4iQ (ClassicRock)