[外電] Teague expects to sign contract soon

看板ChicagoBulls作者 (雨栗)時間12年前 (2012/08/07 10:55), 編輯推噓0(000)
留言0則, 0人參與, 最新討論串1/1
Rookie Teague expects to sign contract soon CSN / Mark Strotman http://goo.gl/OUB6E Bulls' point guard Marquis Teague remains the only unsigned first round draft pick, but that may soon change. The 19-year-old Teague told Kyle Tucker of the Courier-Journal that he expects a deal to get done soon. "I'm about to get it figured out when I go back. We just pretty much came up with something," Teague told Tucker. "So as soon as I go back to Chicago, it’ ll be done. We’re right there. We’ll figure it out." There were concerns that Teague's contract had not been signed because the Bulls, under tight salary cap restrictions this off-season, were trying to avoid paying Teague 120 percent of the suggested slot value the NBA gives to all teams. If the Bulls were to sign Teague to the 120 percent pay scale, they would have less than $600,000 to sign a veteran. A veteran's minimum contract, worth $1.2 million, counts for $854,389 against the salary cap. Teague averaged 10.0 points and 4.8 assists in 32.6 minutes as a freshman for John Calipari and Kentucky, who won the National Championship over Kansas in April. He then averaged 10.6 points and 3.0 assists in five Summer League games in Las Vegas, but shot just 29.4 percent from the field and averaged 3.8 turnovers. Teague told Tucker he tried to get better every game during the Summer League in Las Vegas, that the shot clock difference from college to the NBA has been a big adjustment, and that he has not yet had the chance to meet with Derrick Rose, who was in California rehabbing when Teague came to Chicago. The Bulls have overhauled the point guard position this summer, replacing C.J. Watson and John Lucas III with Kirk Hinrich and Nate Robinson in free agency, and adding Teague with the No. 29 pick in the NBA Draft. Rose will miss at least the first half of the season, and may not be ready to play until March. Depending on where the Bulls stand in the Eastern conference standings could determine how quickly Rose returns. -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 114.25.196.19 ※ 編輯: Mitch 來自: 114.25.196.19 (08/07 11:01)
文章代碼(AID): #1G88Eb4n (ChicagoBulls)