[外電] Walker媽媽回憶看到兒子受傷長文

看板Celtics作者 (屁屁學姐)時間4年前 (2019/11/26 00:50), 4年前編輯推噓10(1004)
留言14則, 11人參與, 4年前最新討論串1/1
來源:波士頓環球報 http://bit.ly/2qzVEap ‘Oh, my God. His neck.’ Kemba Walker’s mother felt helpless when she saw he r son injured 「天啊!他的脖子…」,當看到Kemba受傷時,他的媽媽感到十分無助 作者:Adam Himmelsbach Andrea Walker was home in Charlotte, N.C., on Friday night watching on televis ion as the Celtics faced the Nuggets when she saw her son Kemba collide headfi rst into Semi Ojeleye and collapse to the floor. Walker的媽媽—Andrea Walker—在禮拜五晚上,於夏洛特的家裡觀看Celtics對上金塊隊 的比賽,那時,她從電視上看到了自己的兒子Kemba Walker一頭撞上隊友Semi Ojeleye的 腹部,隨後倒地不起。 Walker was on the phone with her daughter at the time, and that at least gave her someone to talk to while she saw Kemba lying there almost motionless. 當時Andrea正在跟女兒通電話,這至少讓她在那個衝擊的當下,有個對象可以當作出口。 “Oh, my God,” she said. “His neck. His neck.” 「我的天啊…」她說,「他的脖子…他的脖子啊…」 Andrea saw the concerned looks on the faces of the other Celtics. She saw the stretcher wheeled onto the court. She saw her son immobilized and taken away, and she felt as helpless as any mother would. 這位媽媽看到其他隊友臉上憂心忡忡的表情。 她看到擔架被推到場上,看到自己的兒子被抬上去,固定之後被帶離開。她就像任何母親 一樣感到無助。 “It was awful,” she said by phone on Sunday. “If I could’ve jumped through that TV, I would have. I felt like he was halfway around the world.” 「這感覺真的很糟。」週日透過電話訪問,她說「如果我可以跳進去電視機到現場,我真 的希望能那樣做,我感覺我兒子離我好遙遠。」 Andrea was relieved by each bit of news she received as time passed. And on Su nday, Kemba was actually on the court with the Celtics after the practice was opened to the media. 隨著之後進一步的診斷消息,Andrea才漸漸的鬆了口氣。到了禮拜天,Kemba已經可以在C eltics隊內練習後的記者會上現身。 Celtics coach Brad Stevens said Walker did some work on an exercise bike and i n the weight room and did not take part in basketball drills, and he is offici ally doubtful for Monday night’s game against the Kings with a sprained neck. Celtics的總教練Brad Stevens表示,Walker進行了除了籃球以外的一些訓練,包含健身 腳踏車、重量訓練等等,同時在禮拜一晚上對陣國王隊的比賽,他也因為「頸部扭傷」而 被列在觀察名單上。 For Walker’s mother, it is just about the best possible outcome following a h arrowing few hours on Friday night. She said that a member of the Celtics’ me dical staff called her almost instantly and vowed to keep her informed every s tep of the way. 對Walker媽媽來說,從星期五晚上那個讓人屏息的瞬間開始,這已是讓她感到萬幸的消息 。她說在兒子受傷當下,Celtics的醫療團隊隨即通知她,並且發誓一有新消息便會第一 個通知她。 That made her feel a little better, but she still didn’t know if the news wou ld be good. At first, they just told her they needed to go to a hospital, beca use the Pepsi Center in Denver didn’t have the medical equipment needed to co mplete the necessary tests. 這當然令Andrea感到稍微好一點,但當時她並不知道兒子的傷勢是重是輕。醫療團隊先是 通知她,他們必須前往醫院,因為金塊隊的主場Pepsi Center沒有醫療儀器能進行必要的 檢測。 She heard a commentator compare Walker’s injury to another that had resulted in temporary paralysis, and that made her feel worse. “I mean, all kinds of things were going through my mind,” Andrea said. “It was just crazy.” 她聽到一位評論員將兒子的傷勢與另一個受傷案例進行比較,後者造成了暫時性癱瘓,這 讓Andrea並不好受。 「當時不管好的、壞的消息都充斥在我腦裡。」她說,「那真的使人瘋狂。」 Finally, after tests had been completed and major concerns had been ruled out, she spoke to Kemba on the phone, and he told her he was going to be fine. At the time, he was experiencing some concussion-like symptoms, but a concussi on was later ruled out. 最後,在完成檢測並排除主要問題後,Andrea終於與寶貝兒子通了電話,Kemba告訴媽媽 自己不會有事的。 當時Kemba有一些腦震盪的現象,但隨後醫護人員將腦震盪的狀況排除。 Andrea had a FaceTime call with Kemba on Saturday and she felt even better whe n she saw for herself that he appeared to be doing well. And she could not bel ieve what he told her next. 在禮拜六,Andrea與兒子視訊,能親眼看見兒子讓她感覺好了許多,但隨後Kemba說的話 讓她不敢置信。 “He wants to play on Monday!” Andrea said, finding it at once unbelievable a nd yet also believable, because she knows her son. 「他告訴我他禮拜一想要上場打球!」Andrea說,她剛開始無法相信,但隨後基於對自己 兒子的了解,她知道Kemba是認真的。 “He wants to play. I’m like, ‘This boy, this boy.’ He just loves his sport so much. I told him if he wants to play, just play five minutes then.” 「他想要打球,我當時心裡想著:『這孩子……』,他是如此熱愛這項運動。我告訴他如 果真的要打的話,那打五分鐘就好。」 The Celtics’ medical staff will have some say in that decision, of course. 當然,這個決定得通過Celtics專業的醫療團隊評估才行。 When Walker was hurt, Stevens immediately thought back to his final season coa ching at Butler, when one of his players ran headfirst into a basket stanchion and briefly lost movement. He was thankful that the concerns about Walker’s neck injury never came close to being the worst-case scenario. 當Walker受傷時,總教練Stevens立即回想起他在巴特勒大學執教的最後一個賽季,當時 他的一名年輕球員撞上了籃柱,並暫時失去運動能力。 因此對於Walker傷勢的明朗化,他非常感激。 Stevens indicated that Walker could probably play through this mild neck sprai n, but that the team was being cautious with him due to the nature of the inju ry. “He’s been good and he feels good,” Stevens said. “It’s kind of a minor m iracle based on what we saw the other day. But the strain is real and he’s go t some soreness in his back and neck. That’s it.” Stevens表示, Walker之後可能會在遭受輕微的頸部扭傷情況下出戰,但球團對於他帶傷 打球的狀況會保持謹慎。 Stevens說「他一直很好,感覺也很好。以這幾天經歷的事情來說,我想現在的狀況是個 小確幸,不過確實他是扭傷了,他的背部跟頸部還是有些痠痛,情況就是這樣。」 Andrea Walker had been scheduled to come to Boston for this week’s games agai nst the Kings and Nets. On Saturday she asked Kemba if he wanted her to come earlier, but he said ther e was no need. “But I can’t wait to see him [Monday],” she said, “and give him a big hug and a kiss.” Walker的媽媽會在球隊對上國王跟尼克隊時來到波士頓。 禮拜六的時候這位媽媽曾經問兒子需不需要早點去陪他,但Walker跟他說沒有這個必要。 但身為母親可不這麼想,「我等不及要見到他了,我要好好的抱抱他、親親我的寶貝兒子 。」 Celtics forward Gordon Hayward, who remains out after breaking a bone in his l eft hand two weeks ago, completed shooting drills on Sunday using both hands. “He’s great,” Stevens said. “Feeling well. He’s got some swelling where t he incision was but that’s to be expected. He’s doing a really good job.” 另外,Celtics前鋒Gordon Hayward自兩個禮拜前的左手骨折後就缺席至今,在星期天, 他完成了雙手投射的球隊訓練。 「他很棒,感覺也很好,他的傷口是有些腫脹,但那在我們的預期內,目前為止他恢復得 不錯。」總教練Stevens說。 -------------------- 不專業翻譯 附上原文讓大家參照 期待紅爪上來的阿水有上場機會 也希望大哥和星海可以滿血復原再回歸! -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc), 來自: 110.50.135.107 (臺灣) ※ 文章網址: https://www.ptt.cc/bbs/Celtics/M.1574700622.A.E9A.html ※ 編輯: pipimj (110.50.135.107 臺灣), 11/26/2019 00:53:19

11/26 00:54, 4年前 , 1F
推翻譯  早日康復
11/26 00:54, 1F
※ 編輯: pipimj (110.50.135.107 臺灣), 11/26/2019 00:56:14 ※ 編輯: pipimj (110.50.135.107 臺灣), 11/26/2019 00:57:01

11/26 01:04, 4年前 , 2F
希望大家都保持健康啊
11/26 01:04, 2F

11/26 01:17, 4年前 , 3F
我的天哪 星海受傷到現在才兩個禮拜哦 最近都打超辛苦的
11/26 01:17, 3F

11/26 01:17, 4年前 , 4F
11/26 01:17, 4F

11/26 01:18, 4年前 , 5F
希望Kemba真的傷全好再上 不要勉強QQ
11/26 01:18, 5F

11/26 01:39, 4年前 , 6F