Tommy, Popo share view on player empowerment.

看板Celtics作者 (Network Layer)時間10年前 (2014/03/10 13:11), 編輯推噓7(701)
留言8則, 8人參與, 最新討論串1/1
新聞出處(必填):http://goo.gl/gRmMH3 作者: Steve Bulpett Heinsohn, Spurs coach share view on player empowerment. Tommy跟波波分享關於賦與權力給球員們的論點. When Spurs coach Gregg Popovich was speaking about getting his players to take ownership in the offense — about giving them a say in the procedure — it sounded enlightened. It sounded like wisdom. It sounded, in today’s NBA, fresh. 當馬刺隊的教練在談論到關於讓他的球員掌握進攻的主導權──也就是讓他們在過程中 擁有發言權──這聽起來相當具有啟發性、並充滿了智慧,這聽起來,就像今日NBA的新鮮 花絮一般。 And it sounded exactly like what Tommy Heinsohn had told me years ago about Red Auerbach and, subsequently, his own coaching style. 而這也正是Tommy在幾年前所告訴我的,紅頭的執教風格,而隨後,也是他自己的執教風格。 Tommy smiled last week when getting a chance to discuss coaching philosophy and how a number of leaders choke the fun out of the game for their players. But first let’s check in on what Popovich had to say when asked about getting his Spurs engaged in the attack. 當上禮拜我得到機會與Tommy討論執教哲學、以及有多少領導者扼殺了比賽對球員的樂趣 時,他給了我一個微笑,但首先,我們來看看波波被問到如何讓他的球隊面對進攻時的 回答。 “A lot depends on the competitiveness and the character of the player,” he said. “Often times, I’ll appeal to that — like, “I can’t make every decision for you. I don’t have 14 timeouts. You guys got to get together and talk. You guys might see a mismatch that I don’t see. You guys need to communicate constantly — talk, talk, talk to each other about what’s going on on the court. 「很大一部分取決於競爭力以及球員自身的角色。」他說「大部分時候,我會這樣要求─ ─像是『我不能為你們做出每個決定,我沒有十四個暫停可以用,你們必須聚在一起討論 、你們也許會察覺到我沒發現的錯位,你們必須頻繁的溝通──對話再對話,彼此談論球 場上發生的現況』。」 “I think that communication thing really helps them. It engenders a feeling that they can actually be in charge. I think competitive character people don ’t want to be manipulated constantly to do what one individual wants them to do. It’s a great feeling when players get together and do things as a group. Whatever can be done to empower those people... 「我認為這樣的溝通會真正幫助到他們,這讓他們產生實際在掌控的感覺;我想有競爭力 的球員不會希望經常被操控去做著單一個體所希望的,當球員們團結起來並以團體去行動 的感覺是非常棒的,無論是甚麼可以讓球員去掌控局勢的......」 “Sometimes in timeouts I’ll say, ‘I’ve got nothing for you. What do you want me to do? We just turned it over six times. Everybody’s holding the ball. What else do you want me to do here? Figure it out.’ And I’ll get up and walk away. Because it’s true. There’s nothing else I can do for them. I can give them some (expletive), and act like I’m a coach or something, but it ’s on them. If they’re holding the ball, they’re holding the ball. I certainly didn’t tell them to hold the ball. Just like, if they make five in a row, I didn’t do that. If they get a great rebound, I didn’t do that. It’ s a players’ game and they’ve got to perform. The better you can get that across, the more they take over and the more smoothly it runs. Then you interject here or there. You call a play during the game at some point or make a substitution, that kind of thing that helps the team win. But they basically have to take charge or you never get to the top of the mountain.” 「有時在暫停中我會說『我沒有要告訴你們的,你們希望我怎麼做?我們才剛失誤了六次 ,每一個人都在霸球,你們還希望我怎麼做?自己解決。』然後我就站起來走掉(傲嬌= =) 。因為那是真的,我真的沒辦法幫他們做甚麼,我可以给他們意見(沒意義的),然後裝作 我是個教練甚麼的,但其實那取決於他們,如果他們一直抱著球不放、一直抱著球不放, 我可不會叫他們去霸球;就像,如果他們一連得手五次,而不是我示意過的;如果他們搶 到了一個關鍵籃板,而不是我示意過的,那就是球員的比賽並且自己去執行的。當你越能 讓他們去接受這樣的方法,就越能讓他們去掌控並流暢的執行那樣的表現;然後你就在這 邊或那邊插個嘴,在比賽中某個點叫出一個戰術或是輪替;那樣的行為會幫助他們獲勝; 但他們基本上必須去主導,否則你永遠不能夠達到這套概念的頂點。」 Heinsohn’s response to all this? Tommy對於這一切的回應? “Absolutely,” he said. “I did the same thing. It gives them pride of authorship, and they make a commitment in front of their teammates to make something work. I mean, who better than a player knows how a guy’s playing him or how their defending one of your plays? You’ve got to have this on a team. That’s why so many of the Celtic players ended up as coaches over the years. I thought it was very important.” 「那當然。」他說「我也會做出一樣的事,那會給他們身為主導者的驕傲,並且在隊友前 做出承諾來讓某些事成功。我的意思是,誰會比球員更了解彼此之間的表現?或是否捍衛 著去執行你的意志?你必須讓這些存在於隊伍之中,那正是為何這些年有如此多C's的球員 最終都成為了教練;我認為這是非常重要的。」 Clearly, Heinsohn does not fancy the coaches who micromanage the game. 很明顯的,Tommy並不著迷於那些喜歡掌控一切的教練。 “I call those coaches Prussian generals,” he said. “You’re in the trenches and they’re sending you over the top and into the machine guns. I would never want to play for a guy like that.” 「我稱這些人為普魯士的將軍。」他說「你龜戰壕裡然後他們荒謬的把你送去機關槍面前 ,我永遠不會希望為這樣的人打球。」 Instead, he favors a more open approach. Heinsohn may be a landscape artist when he puts brush to canvas, but as a coach he was more of an impressionist. 取而代之的,他更喜歡開放的執教風格,也許Tommy在帆布上作畫時是一個寫實的景觀畫家 ,但執教時他更像一個印象派畫家。 “The players don’t enjoy just playing,” he said. “They enjoy being involved. They don’t just execute; they’re involved in playing the game and making it happen. 「球員們不只享受打球。」他說「他們也享受參與其中的感覺;他們不只是去執行,他們 參與在戰術之中並讓它發生。」 “Our basic philosophy was to stick to basic things, not set plays. So there was room for interpretation by players. They enjoyed having their heads worked into it. I mean, we had a system. We had an up-tempo system. But there ’s so many things they could read. It was up to them. We had an offense for (Dave) Cowens to play out in a 3-2 offense, so he handled the ball. There were a whole bunch of different things that were involved. My job more often than not was to really check the tempo of the game and get a sense of things. I’d look at fouls and who might be getting beat up on or whatever. 「我們的基本哲學是穩固基本的事情,而不是設計戰術;所以會有空間讓球員們去執行 戰術,他們會享受親身參中;我是說,我們擁有一個體系,我們擁有一個快節奏的系統, 但那裏有太多事情他們會觀察到,而這就取決於他們。我們擁有一個讓Cowens在3-2進攻 體系下去執行的戰術,所以他掌控著球,那有許多不同的要素讓他們參與其中,我的工作 並不是經常性的去審視節奏或察覺球場上的事情,我寧願去確認球員間的犯規或是誰又被 揍了之類的。」 “But you had to get the players’ input. That’s how you get them totally involved. And it’s more fun for them. They’re not just sitting there checking out the cheerleaders. You’re engaging their head in the whole game all the time.” 「但你必須讓球員們介入,那才是讓他們完全參與的方法,而且也是更有趣的方法;他們 不是只坐在哪邊打量啦啦隊員,你必須讓他們埋首於整場比賽之中。」 ====== 補充: Tom Heinsohn 其實轉播時常常提到Tommy,我想也趁這次介紹一下他,我很喜歡這種真性情的老爺子。 Thomas William "Tommy" Heinsohn,也就是大家在波士頓的轉播單位中會聽到的Tommy, 其實他在1956年到1965年間作為球員效力於C's,剛進聯盟就拿到了年度最佳新秀,並跟著 羅素爺拿了八座冠軍,也六次入選全明星賽,而他的15號球衣也在退役時掛在了球場上方 在之後從1969年開始,他更是擔任了C's的總教練職位,除了在1973年拿下最佳教練外, 更在1974年以及1976年兩度奪下總冠軍,並於1978年退位,生涯紀錄427勝263敗,勝率達 62%。 他的播報員生涯分為兩個階段,退休後的1966-1969年以及1981年至今,也是資歷最深的 運動主播之一,沒事喜歡畫畫跟打高爾夫球,也曾經營過一間保險公司;最近他比較不常 隨隊到客場播報了,老了身體不太好,上個球季常常是白曼巴幫他代班。 已經79歲的他把將近一甲子的時間都給了Celtics,一輩子都奉獻給一座城市、一支球隊, 人生應若是。 ====== BTW,小AB預計在週末對戰太陽隊時回歸,而Babb也拿到了第二張十天合約。 http://goo.gl/9YRZXH Sully: What make you into that ZONE? 哈哈 -- ※ 發信站: 批踢踢實業坊(ptt.cc) ◆ From: 111.185.51.107 ※ 編輯: NLchu 來自: 111.185.51.107 (03/10 13:23)

03/10 13:26, , 1F
sully XDD
03/10 13:26, 1F

03/10 15:06, , 2F
cool tommy 是那個很偏袒賽賽的老爺子嗎?
03/10 15:06, 2F

03/10 17:26, , 3F
Tommy累積的經歷 他想要多bias沒人管的了
03/10 17:26, 3F

03/10 18:29, , 4F
是阿
03/10 18:29, 4F